Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:14 am 
Discuss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:43 am 
I can't believe I nominated and then forgot to vote. Augh, silly me.
I seriously have no more investment in this game, because seriously, I am bored out of my wits. I'm going to close my eyes and randomly point at a suspect on my list to be lynched, and that happens to be... Jason.

Nominating Jason to be lynched today.
This game is so boring, even the active people are becoming nonactive.

Vigilante, you should make a kill today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:04 am 
hey!!! I have something really exciting to tell u guys..
So, when I was hanging out in Rm 432 with Danny Yuan and Daisy (it's Shuo Wang's room, and me and JY hang out a lot in it recently but both of them went shower), somebody knocked on the door hard. Daisy and Danny didn't want to open the door because they thought it was scatchy and they were lazy too, so I asked "who is it?" and nobody answered, then i went to open the door, but only a little bit to make sure it's somebody i know. Then i saw this short guy (I think it's a guy, not 100% sure tho) with a huge black winter jacket on and face covered in the hoodie. Then I screamed and jumped back. I didnt felt being touched on my shoulder (and he couldn't because I opened the door only a little bit and jumped right back in), but he ran away fast. Daisy was screaming too, but Danny was very calm and told me that i was killed because that person threw in a piece of paper saying "BANG". When I realized what just happened, I ran outside but he was very fast.. (to be continued)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:10 am 
I just heard a door being closed and then I lost him. When I went back to my room I read the paper, other than "BANG" it says, (with very bad handwriting and all capitalized), "THIS IS A VALID KILL, PLEASE CONTACT ALEX ASAP. REMINDER: "PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS ANY INFORMATION WITH THE LIVING ESPECIALLY THE TIME AND PLACE OF THE ALL AND IDENTITY OF THE KILLER, EVEN IF YOU WERE JESUS, WAIT FOR YOUR RETURN". Btw he time was at around 12: 20 ish, but I'm really not sure. N the guy is about Steve (yi's roommate's height). But don't worry, I already contacted Alex and he said he hasn't heard anything form the mafia yet and he thought it was ridiculous, so I'm still alive and also permittable to post this. Also, if u wanna c the paper, I have it and I can show u.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:19 am 
oh, nvmd it's a little bit past 12, not 12:20

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:27 am 
from di's description, the only guy that fits the description is Alan, unless it was a hitman then that means steven mo was lying.

also vivian, why should the vigilante start killing people and who should s/he kill?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:28 am 
I am so confused now.

This game has been screwed up logistically from the start =(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:31 am 
I'm really sorry about how pathetic this game has been. I'd welcome suggestions to avoid the possibility of this type of stagnation in the future. I hope that this doesn't soil your opinion of Live-Action Mafia and that you'll all be up for another game, perhaps right after this one.

Sincerely,
Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:32 am 
Wait, what was Steven lying about, JY? (It's probably a reference to a discussion a few days ago that I don't remember...)

That's not even a legal way for a hitman to kill, but I guess it's understandable if they are new to the game. Also, Di, who were you suspecting earlier in the game/who have you provided information about?

Frankly, the game is boring at the moment. The vigilante should still have two bullets left, so we might as well use one of them and see if we get anywhere closer to finishing this off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:34 am 
@Alex:
It's truly a pity that this game didn't turn out quite as badass as I hoped it would. I've done Live Action Mafia at my high school before, and definitely know how awesome it can be. I'd definitely be up for another game after this one [finally] ends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:40 am 
I completely agree with Vivian. i would be up for another game immediately after this one. I have several ideas that could potentially improve the game (though I don't believe the rules as they stand are inherently flawed; I think we just have had bad luck in selecting the mafia.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:56 am 
Wow, how come all these crazy things happen to you Di? Because my name was mentioned, just want to defend myself - I've been at Mystery Hunt all day since around noon today, and haven't been back at Next. I'm still there and Alex, Nur, and other Duck Soup people were all there. Sorry I hadn't really posted lately b/c of the hunt. Also, I don't own a black jacket, or know that Di hang out in those people's room. So if a hitman had been hired, I think it might be someone who knows Di pretty well. @Vivian - I think the lie is that if a hitman had been hired this time, then Steven would be lying about the last hitman.

Yeah, I agree this game should just end soon so we can start on a more exciting Mafia game. It's been so boring...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:17 am 
That's really strange what happened with Di. Unless somebody outside the game was playing a joke, this means that the mafia are finally becoming active. I am relatively confident that there is only one mafia left, and I think it is quite likely that that mafia was recently conscripted. My best guess as to the mafia we have killed so far is:

- Bianca
-jingxun
-Hilary.Monaco

I think it is quite plausible that Hilary, realizing she was on the chopping block, conscripted a fourth mafia, probably either on Day 7 or Day 8. This is consistent with the mafia suddenly attempting to make a kill on Day 9.

Therefore, unless I am misinterpreting the significance of Di's post, everybody is a suspect again. I was in building 66 working on mystery hunt until several minutes before 12:00. Lauren Chai was here with me. I then went to 4E of EC where I was from about 12:55 to 1:30 a.m. Half the 4E floor will confirm this. I then went back to building 66, and I have been there since. I at no point during this time left the east side of campus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:48 am 
I'm not lying. I was really into the game and talked extensively with many people. I know that I'm not the God, so sometime I will believe information from other "town/good people" who might lie to me. I try to contribute as much as I can to this discussion forum, yet mafia is very inefficient and killed nobody.

Di, your report is rather interesting; I have some confidence that it's a non-live-action-mafia player from Next House who's so bored, so he/she dressed up to scare the hell out of those freshmen in room #432.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 pm 
yeah, i thought the kill was random, too. I think the person knew that there were other ppl in the room but why did he still wanted to kill me? How can he know that I'm the one who's gonna open the door (the other pp aren't in the game)? Also, it's not my room, it's JJ and Shuo's. I don't think anybody would have predicted that I would be in the room , so I'm wondering whether I was really the target. And also y was he so confident that it was a valid kill while Alex said it was not??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:40 pm 
Well, I don't think the person may have assumed it was you who was going to open the door. For all we know, you might not have been the target - perhaps the kill was supposed to be meant for JJ. We never know what was going on in that guy's mind.

Well, everyone's suddenly very suspicious now. I have no idea who to vote for.. I might switch my vote from Jason to someone else. Perhaps JY or JJ? I have no idea at this point.

As for alibi's, I was in my room sleeping at 12:00. I had a fever and even ended up missing table mafia last night =(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:41 pm 
At this point I'm tempted to just ask the vigilante to kill off everyone on Vivian's suspect list... -__-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:01 pm 
^ it might just come down to that, because this game is now way too confusing for any legit arguments to be made.

MAFIA, COME KILL ME, I'M IN MY ROOM ATM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:49 pm 
Or come kill me. I am on 4E of EC. Then you can even try to frame Lauren!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:52 pm 
Boo Mafia! Boo, boo, boo!

Really, you can start making kills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:56 pm 
One thing though that I do think is important is that we arrive at a consensus about who to kill (at least those of us who will be voting.) Out of the names that have been coming up, I would like to go with jy. I am by no means confident that she is mafia, but we need to choose somebody. Everybody, please feel free to discuss this.

If you are going to vote, please announce your vote on the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:59 pm 
We might also just consider killing off people who are most likely to not do anything as mafia...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:51 pm 
Di just got killed!!!

OK, now I'm formally nominating JY as the mafia. Let's vote off JY tonight!!! Reasons for JY:

1) she's a super close to Di
2) we already have some suspicious thought on her since day 2
3) Di never left Next House today, so there's a high super super high chance that the mafia is in Next House

I will vote for JY tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:03 pm 
Why is there no official announcement from Alex?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:20 pm 
Sorry, I've been away from my computer.

Announcement: Di is killed in her room (Next 550) at 10:00 PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:27 pm 
I'll vote for Jy.

If tomorrow the game is not over, I'd like to vote Steven off - not because I think he's mafia, but in the very small chance that he is, the mafia will definitely win. Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:38 pm 
@ Stephanie: hahahaha....that's funny. If I'm the mafia, I will kill off a person EVERY SINGLE DAY; this is an established fact, and everybody else who are still alive will agree with me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:39 pm 
I'm voting for JY as well... although I think voting Steven off will have no real value unless we KNOW for sure that he's conscripted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:46 pm 
@Steven - You'll be a martyr.

@Joy - Conscription is a good point. Di died at 10 today.
We haven't told alibis yet... I was at dinner with ccmills and hwkns.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:11 am 
I would like to use my day 9 investigation to determine if steven killed jy