Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:09 am 
Yesterday, Di was killed and jy was lynched. Discuss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:22 am 
Very simple: Jason is the ONLY remaining mafia. We shall lynch him tonight, then we'll win the game.

To satisfy Stephanie: you guys can lynch me tonight because I can still have the vigilante kills Jason!!! Actually, the vigilante hasn't used any of the kills yet, so, who do you want the second person to be killed by vigilante in Day 10?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:29 am 
Steven, I do not think we should have the vigilante kill anybody, at least not yet. I will explain why in my next post.

Unless of course you have certain evidence that Jason is mafia, but even if that is the case, there is no need to rush; we have all day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:20 am 
OK that was dumb on my part, I posted my investigation attempt to the forum instead of in a private message to Alex. The fact is that yes I am investigator. There is no way I could have killed Di; I've been at East Campus all day except for eating dinner at Baker. In fact I was playing mafia over here at the very time that Di was killed (10:00). Unfortunately, I didn't check the forum until 12:08, so I missed the investigation for Day 9. I promise that will not happen again. The mafia are active now, so it is of the utmost importance that I use my investigation every day.

Just saw your post Steven. Sorry, of course I want to investigate Di's killing, not jy's. When I saw that it was 12:08, I rushed to type a message to Alex to investigate the most recent killing; it was just an impulse on my part; it wouldn't be fair for Alex to give me an answer to a day 9 investigation when I missed the deadline. I was checking the forum for updates all day, but I forgot to do so after we started playing table mafia at EC.

I am pretty sure that the remaining mafia (I really think there is only one) is a recent conscript. That would explain why the mafia are suddenly killing people. My best guess is that Hilary was the last mafia and that when she realized she was soon going to be lynched she conscripted somebody else. A result of this is that everybody should be considered a possible suspect again (except, I suppose, for Steve Levine who is away.)

For my part, as I said before, I couldn't have killed Di; I was at East Campus all day, except for my time at Baker (which I am almost sure is more than 1000 feet from Next). Everybody should post an alibi for 10:00 p.m. yesterday, and people should actually go through the trouble of investigating the alibis!

Like I said before, my choice for trying to investigate Steven was impulsive; I was trying to get in an investigation for Day 9 as fast as I could possibly type it, but it was already 12:08 a.m. I am no more suspicious of Steven than anybody else. I will be making an investigation every day, and I would be happy to take suggestions, but I will certainly not announce my choice on the forum (the investigated person, as a confirmed innocent, would just become a mafia target.) I may or may not be investigating Steven.

I do not think it is in our best interests to have the vigilante kill anybody. At this point, the more days we have, the more opportunities I have to make a successful investigation. This would I think, be the technically better strategy, but I would not object to using the vigilante to speed the end of the game, if we have it won anyway.

I did just think of a possible snag. The remaining mafia may have manipulated the press, in which case my investigation cannot provide conclusive evidence of innocence (unless the mafia used this ability previously, but I don't think we have any reason to believe that they did.)

Anyway, everybody please post alibi's, evidence, and any useful information.

I now realize that this post may not have been as useful as I originally intended it to be. I have not been at Next House for the past two days, so I haven't been able to interview and gauge people. I am confident about the following, though: we should not use the vigilante until later today, after we have had more time to collect evidence, and we should verify alibis and continue to interview each other I do have one or two people who I particularly suspect, and for my part I will begin by investigating them.

I will be at Next House tomorrow. I would like to play table mafia, if anybody is interested? It will be fun, and it will also be an opportunity to try to gauge each other for possible mafia affiliations :D

I assume that everybody trusts me, but I can't blame you if you don't. I encourage you to come by Fourth East of EC, where everybody will tell you that I was organizing and playing table mafia at the time that Di was killed.

Once you are convinced that I am indeed a townsperson-affiliated investigator, feel free to send me any information that you are not comfortable posting on the forum (including investigation requests.) However, I cannot think of anything that doesn't need to be public right now, except for the identity of the vigilante and the fraudster. To the two of you: I would like to know who you are once you have assured yourself of my innocence.

This was a long post, so I would not be surprised if I said something ambiguous or even downright erroneous. Please respond with any thoughts or questions, and post any incriminating or vindicating information about the remaining players!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:31 am 
Actually, I think we may have this game won simply by the game mechanics. Assuming that there is only one mafia left, then if we can make sure that the medkits both get to people who are definitely townspeople, then even if it comes down to just three players (worst case scenario), we can guarantee that the townspeople will vote two against one to lynch the mafia. We just need to make sure that the fraudster and the vigilante have not been conscripted (another reason why I would like to know who they are.)

Feel free to point out any flaws in my logic, but I think we have this game technically won. It's just essential that whoever has a medkit keeps it with him or her at all times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:33 am 
When Di was killed (10pm) on Day 9 (Sunday), I was watching Golden Globe award (go Avartar!!!!) with other Next House 5E senior friends. Feel free to email these 5E seniors for confirmation (you can look their email up at the MIT directory): Daniel Jang, Albert Wang, Albert Chang, and Grace Li.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:55 am 
Announcement: Vivian Lee is killed in her room (Next 523) at 2:20 am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:00 am 
Ok, so I'm 100% sure now that there's ONLY one mafia left and he/she lives in Next House.

People still alive:

Alan Leung - town person
Daniel Grazian - investigator
Jason Trigg - MAFIA!!! I'm now 100% convinced that he is!!!
Joy Jiao - town person
Lauren Chai - town person
Stephanie Schmit - fraudster
Steve Levine - town person (he's currently in LeaderShape which is outside of MIT; therefore, he's 100% clear from killing Di or Vivian)
Steven Mo - town person
Jing Jian - town person
Vivian Lee - Jesus (so, if we haven't won by 2:20am in Day 11, Vivian will raise from death and pinpoint exactly who's the mafia is!!!)
Yi Zhang - town person (he's currently in NYC and won't return until Monday evening; he also left Boston Friday evening; therefore, he's also clear from killing Di or Vivian)

Come on, investigator, just check if Jason kills Vivian, and the game is over. We will vote Jason off and win the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:38 am 
Steven, how did you know that Vivian is Jesus? I remember discussing who the fraudster was but as for this one I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion. Just out of curiosity, of course.

Alibi: I was watching TV in the lounge the entire day yesterday in D Entry.

It's great that this game is finally getting exciting! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:42 am 
@ Joy: hahaha....I interviewed at least 15 people out of the total 22 who're playing. Now, after so many kills and nobody raised up from the death, I'm 100% confident that Vivian is the Jesus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:26 pm 
Wow, the mafia is actually active! And great job if you identified all the ppl, Steven. I had also suspected Jason from Spenser's message, so I'll vote for him and see if the game finishes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:56 pm 
Announcement: JasonTrigg is killed in his room, Next 571 at 4:50 PM.

This is the second kill today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm 
oh wow, the game's still not over... It seems like the mafia in Next House has been killed now, so we should vote for the non-Nexties who have been suspicious, like Laura.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:32 pm 
I agree, let's all vote for Lauren tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:26 pm 
Quote:
To satisfy Stephanie: you guys can lynch me tonight because I can still have the vigilante kills Jason!!! Actually, the vigilante hasn't used any of the kills yet, so, who do you want the second person to be killed by vigilante in Day 10?

I'm voting for Steven tonight. The mafia is active again, which probably means someone has been conscripted. Steven is the obvious choice. I don't care that there's a large chance that Steven is/was a townsperson, I think we should vote him off tonight.

Also, we were wrong about something, because Jason is dead and the game is not over... Most of our intel has come from Steven (amazing and thank you) but it would be easy for him to lie about something.

Alibis:
At 2:20 am I was in Simmons playing CRUD with some people I had just met. Chaz from the room next to me, Rish, Kong, Zach/k, a Victoria? At 4:50pm I was teaching Lauren, Alex, Josh Oreman, Shawn Westerdale and Joe Maurer "course 2 in an afternoon" (if you're on bowl, you got an email about it).