Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Plan for day 4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:48 pm 
Here's the plan: Ellena will arrange for an NP friend to be a hitman for Ara late tonight (1 or 2 am, after Elaine has gone to sleep). Then we'll hitman kill Ara and use frame an innocent on Elaine. That way Elaine will be investigated (for being on hall at the time of the murder) and come up guilty, maybe multiple times.

After Ara dies, we can set a trap on charles and figure out some way to kill charles and santi together later in the day (should be doable, right?) At this point town is panicking and probably thinks Elaine is going on a rampage. This almost certainly gets her lynched.

We also have Ellena kill Dukhovni tomorrow in Stata cafe. I doubt anyone will bother to check this one, and will certainly not check Ellena on it.

Post subject: Re: Plan for day 4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:56 pm 
If someone other than Ellena could do the santi+charles kills, that'd be great.

Ellena, do you have any info on what they'll be up to during the day? Marian, could you make kills tomorrow? I probably can't leave work early again, but I can probably get on campus in the evening.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:03 pm 
I can kill after 5. I pmd boorstin not too long ago. I'm telling Elaine that asjm is innocent, she suggested I investigate him

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:37 pm 
Hired Yanni to kill Santi and frame it on Elaine.

We'll then set a trap on charles and kill him and ara tomorrow (probably best to do this in the evening so Marian can do it), and then Ellena can kill Dukhovni during the day.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:23 am 
Sorry, important pms from ara:

Quote:
Also if there is a murderer on Beast it must be a conscript. If I were conscripted I wouldn't have killed Santi. Put the dolt out of his misery prematurely; hell no. Furthermore, Santi voted as I wanted to vote. He was literally the best follower ever and an investigator to boot. No I would have used him to distract everyone else.

As a conscript, I would have thrown lilychen under the bus this afternoon, had you elected and then influenced your decisions.

So don't trust me or meet with me on principle, and I'll do the same, but as everyone is losing their heads about Santi tomorrow there are still two original mafia at large. This is slightly important because no one on Beast could have killed marcus. We were together and I had gotten off the phone with Elaine a minute before you knocked on the door. I had heard typing noises; she was at work.

That means based on yesterday's alibis that the only two people who could have killed marcus are svolz and ajsm.

Santi Charles and I all individually and separately came to trust Lily Chen. Trust her and Charles if you need someone to trust.

Quote:
Neither Santi/Ellena/you/me/Lily/CHarles could have been ORIGINAL mafia, aka only one of us MAY be conscript. If it were one of you guys you'd have conscripted me. If it was Lily, I would have known when I/Santi/Charles checked her.

That means that there are two more mafia out there. This is more significant given that no beast member could have killed marcus. You were with me! Elaine, I'd just gotten off the phone with and her breathing was even, I heard typing, she was humming. She wouldn't have had the time or composure to kill Marcus in three minutes after that.

This leaves two people based on the alibis who could have done Marcus in: svolz and asjm. Now if Pratt says that svolz is innocent, it means that Pratt is probably mafia as well.

So as the game goes on, if I don't make it--don't overlook Volz and asjm.

If you need someone to trust in that time, I would go with Lily Chen AND Charles at the same time. Charles, Santiago, and I each via our own methods confirmed Lily's innocence.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:28 am 
I wonder how lynch will work out today... This'll be fascinating. And I'm pretty sure regardless it'll go in our favor.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:39 am 
I just gave Charles the microphone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:01 am 
Haha great. I'm curious how he'll deal with having those two items now that Santi (the one in the group he actually trusted) is dead.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:02 am 
Another thing that would be great is if maybe after I make the dukhovni kill we could convince town to use up all remaining tazers on me, ara, and elaine.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:08 am 
Also I'm sooooo tired. I got ~1 hr of sleep last nigh before having to go to lab meeting. And I probably can't afford any daytime naps.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:12 am 
I told Charles to give it to someone else. Not sure who he'll give it to.

Are you still up for making the dukhovni kill today? You could kill him around 1 or so and then take a nap until evening? And people think you're at work all day, right?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:22 am 
Yup ~

I mean with so much chaos, being behind locked doors at work all day is best, no? I only told Elaine and Ara, though. There's no need to tell anyone else yet, yeah?

Also, I'm going to be in disguise. I have a long haired blonde wig, my nice trusty dgrazian-kill hat, and a bunch of my makeup. I'm dressed very nicely, and if I have time, I'll use careful contouring to try and make myself look as unlike myself as possible. Of course, I also have things to undo all of that for when I have to come home.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:23 am 
Ellena wrote:
Yup ~

I mean with so much chaos, being behind locked doors at work all day is best, no? I only told Elaine and Ara, though. There's no need to tell anyone else yet, yeah?

Also, I'm going to be in disguise. I have a long haired blonde wig, my nice trusty dgrazian-kill hat, and a bunch of my makeup. I'm dressed very nicely, and if I have time, I'll use careful contouring to try and make myself look as unlike myself as possible. Of course, I also have things to undo all of that for when I have to come home.

Hahaha yes, that is excellent! :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:23 am 
You should take a photo of your disguise for posterity!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:25 am 
That sounds awesome! Take a photo! The gods demand it!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:30 am 
I'll do my best. *valley girl voice* Totes mirror selfie time ~~ */valley girl*

I'll still use "texting" and the long hair to minimize him seeing my face, though, since I'm not sure how unlike myself I can make myself look. I couldn't grab my whole stage makeup bag, it was too large.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:33 am 
I'm excited for pics haha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:34 am 
To clarify, if Sam needs to know who you are specifically for game mechanic purposes (i.e. he is a conspiracy theorist), you should tell him who you are.

Otherwise, carry on.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:04 am 
Of course. (I mean, it'll be irrelevant - I'll be using kaboom. Is there any reason why it may be relevant then?). It's mostly just to keep him from noticing me and messaging out before I can get to killing him. (another thing I considered was wearing a gas mask I have lying around. One of the old-fashioned ones, full-face XD However, Kevin said that if I walk around with a gas mask on in Stata cafe, everyone will run away regardless of whether or not they're playing mafia)

I've been keeping myself awake during lab meeting by planning out various possible worst case scenarios. Some are winnable, some are tie-able. It all seems to come down to if Sarah is mayor tomorrow, she must die, whether via kill or lynch. To my knowledge, no one except Sarah Pratt (maybe) and the mayor who will still be living day 5 will have investigation powers. There's probably a superhero amongst them somewhere, maybe another desperado, though, so that may not be true. Then again, one of them at least is likely innocent child because of probability.

Also, I think it may be a good idea to try and sketch charles out near day end/when he falls asleep, whichever is sooner. Basically, try and make as sure as we can that we'll be able to get his kaboom back. Like, ask for the mic/reciever back or something. Something suuuuper sketchy, late enough for him to not change lynch votes or post to forum, but early enough to pm gods to change his conspiracy theorist list. That timing may be a bit iffy, so maybe not worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:06 am 
Oh yeah, if you're using kaboom, then it shouldn't be relevant for any reason.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:08 am 
Oh, more on postulating on remaining roles. I just now realized that we don't actually know of any backups (I have myself thoroughly convinced I'm a backup - it makes it easier to convince others). So of the remaining people, it's likely there's at least one innocent child and at least one backup, who may now have a different, useful role.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:09 am 
Wait. I was backing up Santiago. Aradhana expects me to be an investigator now! This is great.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:09 am 
Thank you Kemus, for ensuring the cops aren't called on this mafia kill.
"Can you explain to us why you were wearing a gas mask young lady?"
"To kill somebody of course"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:10 am 
Ellena wrote:
Also, I think it may be a good idea to try and sketch charles out near day end/when he falls asleep, whichever is sooner. Basically, try and make as sure as we can that we'll be able to get his kaboom back. Like, ask for the mic/reciever back or something. Something suuuuper sketchy, late enough for him to not change lynch votes or post to forum, but early enough to pm gods to change his conspiracy theorist list. That timing may be a bit iffy, so maybe not worth it.

Good idea. I'll ask him for the receiver back if I see him tonight. I'll PM gods to set a trap on Charles as conspiracy theorist near day end.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:43 am 
Ellena is claiming backup -> investigator to shensley, saying she doesn't want an EC proxy since there's probably a leak due to santi dying.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:46 am 
The tools:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4OKXns2S2b8/U-4lVYhliWI/AAAAAAAADQQ/lJ4o7NQlBWc/w1156-h651-no/IMG_20140815_112006010.jpg

The face:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-jlzEQcAGjzs/U-4luJlVwiI/AAAAAAAADQo/bdd8rqST1js/w366-h651-no/IMG_20140815_112043500.jpg

The full thing:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-z06BU-apnH4/U-4lnwz51KI/AAAAAAAADQc/aYwnhwuHdVQ/w366-h650-no/IMG_20140815_112020722_HDR.jpg

Now is that really a mafia player you would be worried about? Of course not! It's blonde! Not even a hint of dye! Instant disregard.

Accidentally tested on one of the gods XD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:47 am 
This is the best thing ever. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:43 am 
Awesome job with the dukhovni kill, Ellena!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:25 pm 
If anyone's interested in an "after" picture just for comparison, here's 10 mins in the media lab bathroom later:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-MTCf1QEULg0/U-462ADc4HI/AAAAAAAADSo/zQEaKdUd4Is/w366-h650-no/IMG_20140815_125232190_HDR.jpg

And my oh so slightly too smug for a townie face:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Ycxt_R5nyrM/U-463lDH-BI/AAAAAAAADSw/WWY-MZ_I9CY/w366-h651-no/IMG_20140815_125238897.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:17 pm 
Aradhana said she interacted with Charles a while back. It's possible that he gave her the microphone or receiver. In any case, we definitely want to kaboom him.

Aradhana also sent me a PM a few hours ago saying that Ellena would be claiming desperado:
Quote:
She's not, obviously. It's a cover for another legitimate role that she has. This doesn't make her sketchier in any way or more likely to be mafia-aligned, she just wants to explain her sudden use of the investigative powers publically.

Is this something you two came up with, or is she making this up to try to fool me?