Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Shensley pms
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:06 pm 
Me:

Quote:
Ok, preface so you understand why I'm sending this message. There was an EC trust pyramid of sorts, where Ara knew all of our roles (and I'm sure some role info leaked, like charles accidentally leaked that Santi was an investigator). Because of Santi's death, I'm convinced there's a mafia somewhere in it, so odds are, mafia already knows this and I don't have much to lose.

I was a backup. I was backing up Santiago (investigator), and now that he's dead, I'm an investigator. I don't want an EC proxy. I will investigate whomever you tell me to (as long as you're speaking for town interests). Of course, it goes without saying that you're responsible for making sure I don't get a conflict of interest investigation.

I can investigate anytime for Santiago's death. I had to pass through the crime scene on my way out of my room (oh god, blood everywhere). I don't know if I can actually be useful for this death, since I am so embroiled in it. In that case, I'm also totally fine with being put to investigate yesterday's kill or the day 2 kill.

Her:

Quote:
Okay. I agree there's definitely a mafia at EC, and I agree probably on Beast, because from all of your alibis, it would have been difficult to time the death, when all of you had been together just a short time before.

I'll be your proxy. I'm not sure who you should investigate yet, though - I want to read through the alibis again and see if I can notice anything that might be helpful, or at the very least check to see if anyone else has checked investigation targets.

Out of curiosity, who were the EC people present when convincing Lily to be mayor? And which people were the most active in the discussion? And can you think of anything else that might have been a bit sketchy that the EC people did?

Me:
Quote:
The people at that meeting were Ara, Santi, Elaine, and myself. Santi and Ara were talking to Lily over pm. Santi was actually most vocal for suspecting Lucy and trusting Lily. Ara kept being wishy wash. So originally the discussion was avtually whether or not to lynch lucy. Santi was all for. Ara seemed to agree with santi's feeling of suspicion towards Lucy, but was also swayed by Lily advocating for no lynch until hard evidence, so she kept flip flopping.

I revealed to them the pm I had gotten from krue (which I then posted on the forums a few mins later). Because of that pm, I agreed with Santi for the lynch. Elaine didn't say much that meeting, though she voted with the rest of us, both when we originally decided to lynch Lucy and then when all that information suddenly appeared on forum, the decision to no lynch.

Santi seemed to sort of trust lily at the time just from observing her at the meeting. Later, after she was seer checked, he trusted her even more. Ara agreed with that trust. I had no opinions against her, so I just decided to go along. I think given Santi's death (and therefore innocence), it's possible that he was guided by a mafia, but it's if anything more likely it was just a lack of information that led him to distrust Lucy. If he hadn't died, I would have said he was definitely taking charge of the meeting and therefore the sketchiest.

Her:

Quote:
Who knew Santiago's role? Was it just you, Aradhana, and Elaine?

I think you should wait until the meeting and discussion to investigate, so that town can discuss everything. Obviously you can't investigate yourself, and both Aradhana and Elaine also claim to be proxies, so it'll be complex making sure no one ends up double-investigating or investigating themselves.

Also, since Sam's dead now it doesn't matter, but did the prayer group ever respond? I'm just curious, haha.

Me:

Quote:
Santi wasn't too good with his role. I know for a fact Charles knew (I actually only know it since Charles accidentally blurted it in one of our meetings). It's possible that via Charles or Ara someone more learned it that I don't know of.

OK, I agree.

Yeah, they did. The alibi of "with god" was checked by the prayer group. XDD

Her:

Quote:
Okay. I was hoping we could narrow down who had killed him with who knew his role, but it doesn't seem like it tells us anything that we didn't already know from the fact that he died on Beast.

What was discussed at the meeting? Did you get a target for your investigation?

Hahahahaha, that's definitely one of the best scenarios I've heard for an alibi. XD

Me:

Quote:
So the meeting was painfully poorly attended. It was just me, Marian, Elaine, and Ara, plus Lily. I didn't trust the present people to make objective decisions past just the obvious 4 investigations of me, Marian, Elaine, and Ara. Would you post to forum and ask for input? Or if you'd like, I could publicly reveal, but I'd rather not.

Maybe I could publicly reveal as activated desperado to explain the investigations? Eh, that doesn't seem like something I would actually do if I were desperado since I'd hope for a failed bang. I think you posting to form may be best? What do you think?

Her:

Quote:
Activated desperado would definitely make people suspicious when you didn't die when you said you would. And a public reveal would probably just arouse suspicion. I'll post to the forums.

At minimum, one of those people is mafia. More likely two of them. Did any of them seem to lead the discussion?

Me:

Quote:
Not really. Ara seemed to have a lot to say, but not much actually happened at the meeting.

There's a decent summary of the important parts on the spreadsheet.

Her:

Quote:
Okay. I'll check the spreadsheet.
I've posted to the forums, so we'll see what town has to say about that soon.
I'm suspicious of Charles, since I didn't see him at Flour, and since, around 4 pm, his forum thingy said he had logged on last at 12:54, shortly after the kill, but he didn't post an alibi until much later. Nothing concrete, I'm afraid, just mere suspicion. Have you interacted with him much? What impression have you gotten?

Me:

Quote:
Only that one time in flour yesterday. Santi seemed to trust him completely. Then again, he also knew Santi's role, and Santi must have been betrayed by someone he trusted.... I don't know. He was one of the first to find it out, before all the rest of us did (maybe not before Ara?). I think he was also the one to leak it to all of us...

I don't know. I didn't get to talk to charles that much about game, we all just sort of took Santi on his word that Charles was trustworthy. Now that he's dead, I don't know where that places charles, as more trusted or less trusted...

Her:

Quote:
Okay. I suppose we'll wait to see what he says about today, and keep and eye on him.

Also, be careful. You're probably a high priority target, especially if you suspect the mafia knows your role.

Me:

Quote:
I know. I've been sitting locked in kevin's room.

Also, I'm really worried about the fact that my investigator hasn't told me who they investigated yesterday, nor what the result was. They also haven't given me any indication that they're doing an investigation today. I don't think they've even been on beast post-murder....

Should I post to forum about this? Maybe one of the other investigators can take it instead, say the one who's checking marian, who's less likely than us to be actually guilty.

Her:

Quote:
Is it possible your investigator can't investigate everyday, like a superhero or a gay knight or something? And have you been able to get in contact with your investigator at all?

If you can't get in touch with your investigator by, say, 9:45, I think it's worth posting to the forum; in the mean time, I think it would be best to try to contact them by any method you can.

Also, why do you seem to be trusting me with all of this?

Me:

Quote:
I think it's mainly that I feel like I'm in a nothing-to-lose mode. Ara already knows a lot of the things I've told you. She came up innocent in the investigation, but there are still possibilities of fake investigators, bias, manipulate the press, hitman, having her call in another mafia to actually do the kill, like so many options that would still have Ara come up as innocent. I'm operating under the assumption that anything Ara knew is likely public knowledge.

I also think that it's valuable to get the information out of EC from multiple facets. If the mafia know everything that happened in EC, then town should too. If you're mafia, I feel like I'm not giving you anything new. If you're town, then I'm at least giving town a source of knowledge.

I can't hide in my room forever, and if there's a mafia on beast, they could make sure I'm offed the same way santi was. I think I'm going to die soon, so I'm sort of infodumping on you and one other person.

Also, should I post to forum about my investigator being absent?

Sorry I haven't been updating as it happened. I'm trying to juggle her, Ara, and Elaine all at once. Elaine trusts me quite a bit, I now have Ara's petitions and Elaine's mic. She also distrusts Ara despite the investigation and is now suspicious of Charles.

Ara actually told Elaine to give me the mic and petition. I think my investigation result made her trust me a bit more.