Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:06 am 
Noobies suck with rules. I really doubt she caught on. She just texted me saying she still trusts Elaine and Ellena.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:15 am 
Why, why, why this bias toward trusting those close to you :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:15 am 
Shensley could catch the slip too, I guess, although that's only if Ellena told her it was Santiago who she "backed up".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:44 am 
I walked outside. I felt I tap on my shoulder and I say to myself "I can't be killed... I'm God".
I turn around and see a blonde woman with a hat. It was Ellena. Then I realized, I saw this woman on my way out and didn't recognize her. This is brilliant :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:51 am 
Mafia is already earning an A+, and now they're earning bonus points. I am seriously impressed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:38 am 
Aw man, I was so close to witnessing the kill! Not at the right angle though. :( Ellena's costume was pretty awesome to see in person at least.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:31 pm 
It was a great costume; I actually had no idea who killed me, and figured I hadn't looked at the introductions closely enough...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:37 pm 
Yeah, it was amazing. Compare these side by side:
http://37.media.tumblr.com/42471fd3c44dbadffba1c0480329fcdd/tumblr_n8i9kcwxKk1tgssa4o1_500.jpg
versus
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-z06BU-apnH4/U-4lnwz51KI/AAAAAAAADQc/aYwnhwuHdVQ/w366-h650-no/IMG_20140815_112020722_HDR.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:37 pm 
Damn, I want to be mafia again sometime now that I have more time to actually put effort into ridiculous shenanigans like that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:53 pm 
The funny thing is, asjm didn't see any mafia players, but I definitely noticed him a little while after I died...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:56 pm 
I didn't see asjm at all.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:28 pm 
I think he came in later; I'm not sure his alibi holds up...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:49 pm 
lols. Sarah was assigned to investigate Elaine for Santi's death. She's going to say Elaine came up negative for the kill, if she responds at all (she's said before that on days that she doesn't have investigative powers, she'll just ignore pm's and say she was too busy with life to actually investigate) Of course this could lead to Lily deciding to investigate Elaine herself, find her guilty, and cast Sarah, Svolz, and Elaine as the 3 mafia.

Sarah would probably fess up to Lily about being a superhero. Or maybe try to pass off as a desperado waiting to activate. Elaine would know that's complete shit and what else... she'd know Lily's mafia or that Frame a Townsperson was used. The smart thing to do would be try and figure out who prompted Lily to reinvestigate her. because if mafia framed her, they'd want that to be useful in some way.

If Sarah dies, there's not even another townie candidate for mayor to do an accurate count of the mafia. Yeah if I were still alive, I'd probably want Ellena to become mayor so that she could count the mafia after lynching one of Sarah, Svolz, Elaine, or Lily. Though I guess shovels are now good sources of information. If Lily incorrectly counts the mafia, then she could get caught by whoever has the shovel. Though in a world where Lily is town, Frame a Townsperson hasn't been used and so she could argue that the shovel result can't be trusted.

I'm excited to see what comes of this.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:16 pm 
I can't believe Ellena isn't being caught by anyone for claiming to have become investigator already from backing a death that happened today. If she had revealed to Sara Volz instead of Sarah Hensley, things would be very different, since Sara Volz would know the backup rules all too well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:19 pm 
To be fair, I also wouldn't have caught Ellena in that lie.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:21 pm 
Don't know why mafia isn't just setting a trap today. They set a trapped Santiago on Tuesday and Aradhana yesterday, so there's nothing stopping them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:42 pm 
You know, I had a panic moment after I told Ara I was now investigator. I looked up the rules before sending it to anyone else. Here's what they say:

Quote:
Changes to the list take effect at the beginning of the next day. When a backup removes a player’s name from her backup list, she may never again re-add the player to her list.
When a player dies, the moderator considers all the backups who currently have the dead player on their backup lists. The first of those backups to have added the dead player to her backup list becomes the role of the dead player immediately(she is no longer a Backup.)

Notice, becomes the role of the dead player immediately. Yes, I'd have had to have him on my list the day before he died, but I did that as far as Ara was concerned. That happened day 2.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:52 pm 
So the issue I posted rules changes in the Game Start thread, but didn't get around to updating the Rulesdoc. I made this change clear when talking with players at kickoff, whenever people asked specifically, and when pming backups, but I should have not been lazy and updated the Rulesdoc, or made Rules Clarifications a separate thread.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:00 am 
Oooh... I see.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:01 am 
I should really not miss kickoff again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6