Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Day 6 planning
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:41 am 
No qql at hackmit.

Ben can you please unlock et back door and tell
me when you've done so.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:43 am 
Away until 1 phone low may not be reachable.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:12 am 
Out of curiosity, do we even know where the petitions are? :P :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:51 pm 
No idea

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:14 pm 
Daniel Grazian was holding some petitions when he died. I don't think lopezv ever got them, though he should have. I think Josh has them now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:16 pm 
I'm back on campus. The only things I can do now are conscript or kill qql. Any ideas? I was told that qql had gone on a trip and was not on campus in the morning. She's posting now, so she's probably back.

I'm surprised that nobody has responded to anpere's comment of "wow, alex didn't conscript me, I'm a proven innocent" that he was likely to be conscripted then and would be saying exactly that if he were. If town doesn't think of think, point it out. I think it's innocuous to say since town should wonder that. If you can safely, you can pressure anpere by making kills at EC, doubting his electability, asking for a prophet smite, etc...

I'll go back to ET sometime. I can't kill anyone but they don't know that. I think it would be worth it for me to sneak through the back door and pretend to be out to kill someone, then be tased. This is so:

1) Town wastes a taser.
2) The possibility that I snuck in the backdoor is justified, taking pressure off Ben for the kill on Liz.
3) Town gets a false impression that I know someone's role, which could make them doubt whoever they revealed it to. Or that I Set a Trap kemus.

Ben, could you please leave the back door unlocked? I forgot my key. If you're worried of being suspicious, you can leave through the back door and come return.

Also, it would help if you could feed me info as to who is where at ET so that I can plausibly be tased before I'm able to kill my supposed target. The ideal thing would be to have people in front rooms so it's known it's known I entered through the back, and town having the taser accessible.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:26 pm 
I like that back door plan and think you should do it. It would be nice to have killed qql, but ah so it goes. Sorry for sending you on a big rigamarole this morning...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:43 pm 
Sure, tell me when you are going to be back, I can open the door like ~30 min before that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:53 pm 
Can you see who is awake? Where are people located? Sarah in particular (do you know if she still has the taser).

The tricky thing is that my phone batteries ran out so I can't coordinate with you when I'm nearer to ET.

Also, any ideas on the plan?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:56 pm 
Give me ~10 mins, let me check out the details.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:56 pm 
Sarah just posted that she's at the student center, it's a no go for now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:01 pm 
Ok, pesto and adamberg and sasha are in front rooms. Basement people are probably sleeping. Sarah is probably on campus(she left at around 11 and didn't see her in front room or big back). Do you want to come back later so that more people will be awake?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:16 pm 
sammyluo just PM'ed me:

Quote:
I was psetting with Jakob as planned, but he seemed pretty jumpy and seemed to think I was suspicious. I thought he might have warned people I was meeting with him and might kill him.

From talking to him, I also suspect he's protected (at least from me) in some way. So I decided not to try to kill him today.

Let me know what I should do (backup kill targets?)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:40 pm 
Just tell him to kill someone (anyone).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:46 pm 
Also, any more thoughts on who we want to conscript?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:51 pm 
Got this PM from jakob:

Quote:
I was just working on an 18.701 pset with sammyluo and I got really sketched out by him, so I told him I had to go early and now sent this message. If I die soon it's probably sammyluo. I'm not incredibly suspicious, so I don't think I need to post on the forums right now.

I think he's our other rogue. Alex, do you want to make your YOLO recruit be sammyluo?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:59 pm 
I don't have good ideas on conscripts because I don't know the players in game except for ET nor any roles except qql and mads. Do you have any suggestions? I could try to hunt for someone though I'm pretty tired. I might have better ideas if I get back to ET and sleep a bit.

Any thoughts on the ET fake rampage? The key issue is plausibly getting caught. I guess I could run in and run out presumably not having found my target.

Also, what do you think of Poisoning mads? It wastes a Slaughter. If you think you can kill her on campus, that would be better, but this is the safer option.

I'm surprised nobody has yet proposed that anpere was conscripted when I killed kemus. I wish they would. It might also justify conscripting Pesto as it suggests the possibility that I could have conscripted anyone while I was about, shifting focus away from ET.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:01 pm 
I'm in touch with sammyluo. Told him to just make any kill today. Sammyluo correctly guessed that jakob was sketched out by him would tell someone.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:06 pm 
Message to sammyluo:

Alex wrote:
To be clear, you should kill today if at all possible since I'm being lynched tonight.

If someone alleging to be Mafia contacts you in the future, ask them for a password. I have told Mafia it is "Daisy Chain". Only believe them if they have this password.

So, remember, password for sammyluo is Daisy Chain. Be careful though, if he is town, he could message everyone asking for a password and know you're Mafia if you say it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:11 pm 
I think the fake rampage thing is pretty plausible. Do you want me to post the ampere conscripted theory?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:16 pm 
You haven't posted much in the Town Square, so it might come off as sketchily out of nowhere. Likewise for michikyo and tsims. If Lilly did it, it might seems defensive against anpere's accusation that she was one of the people who could have said where they were before kemus died. Hmm.

So hold off for now, I think. It seems we're stuck.

Any way we can suggest it without seeming out of nowhere? Maybe in conversation at ET. Or maybe just wait for conscript?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:17 pm 
Benlin, you might not be the best to post that. Also, it would be much better to post after we make a kill in EC, if possible.

Again, who do we conscript? I'm leaning towards pesto, does anyone else have a particular candidate in mind?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:19 pm 
I can try to bring it up if there's mafia conversation tonight, I guess that's all I can do today. ++ for pesto, and I can do it on campus (not at ET because he is almost always with adamberg)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:29 pm 
I can't think of anyone better than pesto (though, again, my knowledge of players is limited). It does put more eggs in the basket of ben being suspected, but maybe we have to take risks. Any chance he's not at the house so I might find him?

Let me suggest mads just to have an alternative.

I was considering Justin, but he's been getting too much flak on the forums.

Is Sarah still out? Do you think she left the taser with someone else? This is such an ironic problem to have...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:43 pm 
I don't think conscripting pesto would make me more suspicious. I think I am less suspected now because you've attracted all the attentions.

Sarah just got back to ET, you can consider getting back soonish.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:45 pm 
Cool. Where is Sarah sitting? What about others? Is the back door unlocked?

Once I'm in, you don't need to do anything particular but act like a townie and yell that I'm there if you see me.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:49 pm 
She's in dining room, so will probably be in first floor. Most people are in dining rooms or front rooms. Back door is unlocked. You could come in from men's head exit if you want me to be the shouting person, though I don't think it's going to make differences.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:51 pm 
Thanks. I'll head in from the back. Be there in ~45 min. My phone is dead, so I won't be reachable until I'm back at ET and do this.

If I fail to be tased, I might run out again and do a second lap in ~20 min.

Time for some chaos!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:27 pm 
Darn, I might have mistaken Issac as Sarah, I just looked at the person's back, knowing that Sarah's wearing white T-shirt today and assumed it was Sarah. Should've talked and checked. She might still be on campus, not super sure.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:29 pm 
Also you can stay at home and pretend that your target is Sarah I guess? That way you don't need to go for another run.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next