Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 5 planning
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:08 am 
Things to do today:
We can't make kills. Intelligence gathering is good. Alex, try to play up the frame an innocent thing. Also, possibly we should fake genie someone?

Post subject: Re: Day 5 planning
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:18 am 
I'd recommend dininno b/c he's still new. However, he's pretty analytical so this could backfire. Perhaps sammyluo instead?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:23 am 
We don't know their roles though, how should we do that?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:24 am 
Oh hmm.. That's a fair point. I think that benevolence works on anyone though?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:26 am 
I don't have a plausible explanation for how some many kills were made without the IC network being infiltrated. The only living people in it are Jenny not Jennifer and mads, neither of whom are likely conscripts.

In case I get smited when I enter ET, some parting advice.

Get a conscript ASAP. Choose wisely.

Don't forget poison, it's powerful. You have three uses!

You still have a hitman and frame. Use these to kill important far-off targets. Frame one person from Dorm X for the kill of the one other person from Dorm X. Don't hesitate though just to use these to stave off investigations.

If Ben can stay alive, use Don whenever possible. Investigations are brutal.

Set a Trap and Slaughter as much as possible. The goal is to get too many kills for town to investigate.

The Random contingent has been massacred, but other contigents remain strong. Infiltrate them if you can.

You have all the rogue info. Town has done our work for us! Rogues are assigned to kills, and there's also role info in there. Use it!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:29 am 
It does. We've not been using them, so I think we could just use up all the charges and make more chaos.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:55 am 
Ben - your next kill (first of day 6) is uninvestgiable. Plan it out in advance if possible. Anyone have priority targets?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:58 am 
Also, would anyone like to run for mayor?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:07 am 
Shall I try and conscript anpere tomorrow. Also holy shit guys good job!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:09 am 
We don't want to rush conscript. Also, we badly need to conscript someone very good at making kills, and who is very experienced. Ideally someone who has been mafia repeatedly in the past. Pesto, perhaps?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:10 am 
But we have to care about EC people though. What was the detail that happened in the past games of Pesto being mafia?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:32 am 
About EC people: We have tsims and michikyo in EC, we have no problems there.

About Pesto: He was mafia in first spring game last year, and killed me very effectively, as well as some other people. This was in his rookie game. That's basically all I know about him.

Why did people like anpere?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:38 am 
Alert: we have currently made 9 mafia kills, not 10, so we cannot conscript yet. (e.g. until tomorrow)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:45 am 
ltchin wrote:
Oh hmm.. That's a fair point. I think that benevolence works on anyone though?

No, you still need to get their role right for it to go through. Nothing happens if we guess wrong. That being said, we have a lot of charges, so we can definitely guess a bunch of times.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:55 am 
I'm decently likely to be prophet smitten tomorrow. Town says that lopezv is a higher priority, but it's likelier than a Prophet remains at ET rather than random.

A room of Daniel Palumbo, ermain, Justin, and (I think?) Gary Wang didn't prophet smite me, however, even though they agreed someone should do it. Ben, if you hear plans about a prophet smite, please tell me and I'll try to kill the prophet using Scheme.

Should I just take someone else with Scheme before I'm tased/smited, or is that not worth the use?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:00 am 
God clarifies that scheme can be used repeatedly in a day.

Alex, if you're about to get smited, definitely kill them first. That being said, you should be arguing as hard as possible for your own innocence (being framed) - it might prove useful. Don't usse smite otherwise, though, because it'll probably be more useful later.

Also, do you have any conscription recommendations? kemus? pesto? others?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:36 am 
Additional considerations about 2nd conscription (which doesn't happen until we get another kill):
The following living, non-mafia aligned players having been mafia before:

achester
Austin Fathman (twice)
Eric Yang
kemus

Austin Fathman looks like he's not actually planning (hasn't voted at all, I haven't seen him post).
Kemus has no experience killing anyone - he has not made any non-public kills.
Between Pesto and Eric Yang, Pesto won his game, and I generally regard him as extremely good at analytical reasoning and strategizing, which I believe we need.

So, I like Pesto the best as conscription.

Any confirming or denying opinions?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:37 am 
Here are the townies who have been mafia before:

kemus
AustinFathman (twice)
achester
Eric Yang

We should probably pick from amongst them?
AustinFathman is the most

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:44 am 
I could potentially make a kill then conscript Pesto at ET tomorrow?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:25 am 
Wait hold up, I really don't like Pesto getting conscripted unless we think he can deflect blame off of benlin. I'm nervous about putting another egg in the ET basket since everyone is getting mad suspicious of people there. Unless we think Pesto will be able to make lots of other-contigent kills, then we should not conscript him.

Also, just for information sharing, lgunder sent a PM to me and dininno saying that he thinks that lopezv is going to conscript one of us. lopezv, any fear mongering that you can make to convince them to lynch you first instead of Alex would be great.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:26 am 
I guess alternatively, Pesto might be good due to the sheer amount of information collection he might have gotten? Unclear.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:34 am 
Also, Alex, I think you should send out a filtered prophet report (send only non-helpful names or switch kill targets) although this will not protect if Asya was tricky enough to BCC other people on that thread. I do not think that that is the case though.

Should lopezv PM the people on the rogue list saying "Sup rogues. Got the list from Asya. Here's what you've got to do now"? Only problem of this is while town thinks that abergal was mafia, we know that abergal was not and so do the IC network (unless Alex can plant the idea that abergal was actually mafia and that that was the leak in the IC network? Unclear.)

plotplotplot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:10 pm 
Good point about Pesto; someone is sure to connect that dots that Ben and I are at ET. And Town knows we're near 10 kills.

(I thought I posted this but the post doesn't appear.)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:13 pm 
The IC's know that lopezv knows about the Asya plan, but also that I told Asya to exclude lopezv.

From their insistence that I send the list, I believe they don't have it and will believe I'm Mafia regardless of whether I send it. I do in fact think Asya likely sent it only to me. There is a small chance it's fake if the positive Investigation on me came early enough, but I don't think the timing works out for that.

I think the current situation is the best we can hope for: we have the information, town knows we have the information, town probably does not have the information.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:37 pm 
Ben, are any living non-ET players at ET? If so, they are likely to be Prophet brought it to smite me (or you?) and I should kill them.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:49 pm 
Currently not, they'd probably show up at dinner?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:02 pm 
Rember that ddoss is coming to ET for dinner.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:03 pm 
Also, if we don't want to conscript pesto, kemus is the clear choice.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:10 pm 
Hmm, I am pretty scared. ddoss has almost never been to ET before in my memory.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:46 pm 
i can try and conscript kemus when the time comes. although it's hard to catch him alone