Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Feels about game
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:41 pm 
**spoilers about roles and game actions below**

ksedlar and Daniel definitely seem to be the top townie players this game. ksedlar has 3 out of the 6 mafia (lopezv, scgordon, lzahray) under high/moderate sketch and michikyo and ltchin under slight sketch. Daniel strongly suspects scgordon and by extension lzahray for being hesitant to say who had poked him into being active.

Also first investigation for Troy's death was for benlin. benlin's actually been investigated twice for that, once by kemus and just now by Eric Yang. So that's 5/6 mafia under some sort of suspicion.

tsims i don't know if anyone suspects him. Troy, you might know more about this. Did anything come out of seeing him getting off Boston West after squares? My guess is that would be the only thing that would make him look sketchy/put him on people's radar.

The one play I really don't understand this game is cstubbe calling jhbell sketchy. If she had actually caught a mafia, that would have been disastrous for rogue. She had no way of knowing if he actually was mafia. It's such a risky play as rogue, unless she had some reason to very strongly believe that he was town.

Oh and props to ltchin for figuring out lopezv was probably mafia.

Post subject: Re: Feels about game
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:02 pm 
Miranda being rogue hadn't even occurred to me. That... would be pretty powerful, I feel. That's definitely correct play if she were rogue who had killed Day 1. That way, she's killed Day 1, she can distribute IC information at day end/day start, and she can kill someone at the start of Day 4 (before they realize she wasn't gay Knights with Troy).

I think even if she only managed to get in one kill it would be correct play. The problem is that it means sacrificing yourself for your team which not everyone is able to do. We've seen in other games that prophets are too slow to Smite for fear of dying.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:04 pm 
To be fair, I was suspicious of lzahray because she had taken off to talk to ksedlar alone at squares. Admittedly, I was also suspicious of inisley because she kept walking up behind me at squares. I'm just impressed that no one died at squares. Also, the fact that I gathered that tsims was mafia seems impressive to me. When I saw benlin in the hallway, waiting for me and asking me if he could talk to me for a second, I knew I was going to die, but I didn't have my phone out, so I couldn't text miranda about it. I had hoped that the ET recognition would be a bit stronger for her investigations: the fact that benlin lives at ET and was in the area with a weak alibi. I didn't count on the fact that he would become don and be uninvestigable (but still able to be found by her). Personally, I thought that he was rogue and knew that he would see me in the hall like he always does at that time, especially since nothing was done to cover up the kill, i.e. manipulate the press.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:05 pm 
So, Victor tried to kill ishara during squares but she didn't here it, so apparently that didn't work for them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:11 pm 
Lucy wrote:
Miranda being rogue hadn't even occurred to me. That... would be pretty powerful, I feel. That's definitely correct play if she were rogue who had killed Day 1. That way, she's killed Day 1, she can distribute IC information at day end/day start, and she can kill someone at the start of Day 4 (before they realize she wasn't gay Knights with Troy).

I think even if she only managed to get in one kill it would be correct play. The problem is that it means sacrificing yourself for your team which not everyone is able to do. We've seen in other games that prophets are too slow to Smite for fear of dying.

I don't know if I would've had the brains to pull this off if I'd been rogue, but I think it worked out pretty well for town so far. As long as DGrazian doesn't get conscripted and lopezv doesn't get forgotten, town has a pretty good position going into midgame.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:53 am 
Something I should have realized - I so should have randomly guessed a player as rogue. I was bound to be discovered as mafia, was going to die anyway, and there was a small chance that I could have guessed right. Curses!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:03 am 
Troy wrote:
To be fair, I was suspicious of lzahray because she had taken off to talk to ksedlar alone at squares.

I was just walking her to the bathroom. Actually more townie behavior than mafia.

I'm a bit disappointed in Dgrazian. He says he was never suspicious of Victor in the first place, and is sketched out by people who were suspicious of Victor rather than Lisa. :( I think Victor might have actually slipped out of getting lynched. I'm hoping that Sammy Luo pushes hard for it. Dgrazian is also considering Sam Dukhovni being conscripted more than he probably should be. I mean, I guess I shouldn't be too disappointed since he gets full points for catching scgordon, but still.

Conscripting Alex is going to turn out to be a great move for mafia, since he is an innocent child. It will be interesting to see how the network ends up working out now...

I really hope that aok and Dgrazian actually push for getting Haley elected. That would be great.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:05 am 
Troy!! I'm sorry you died so early :( We didn't have much of a plan for who we were killing.

Also, I really wanted to use Katie's impeachment petition. I know it probably would have been bad play, but honestly I don't think it could've been worse than what actually happened. It would have been interesting at least, and more creative. I really like the creative plays that nobody does! I guess there's a reason no one does them, but then no one would suspect it!!

And oh man, I haven't looked at roles. Alex is innocent child, yes!! Maybe now the mafia will actually get their shit together, what a mess we were.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:40 am 
I'm confused why the mafia aren't gloating in their den about getting a lucky hit on the whole innocent child network.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:29 am 
**sammyluo best player**

Mafia are fucked. sammyluo is baiting them into trying to kill him on the day that he's invincible. And it looks like it'll work too. This is likely to catch 2 mafia, the killer and michikyo. (Unless michikyo is the one making the kill)

Meh ... at least it won't catch Don. Or Alex probably.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:37 am 
Ah yes, he's invincible today!

I actually passed Sammy Luo in the hall today. I wouldn't have noticed, except someone was talking and saying "If I die today, then..." as I passed them. lol, game is everywhere. Haley made a comment earlier about how she passed a huge group of people talking about mafia (Anpere, jessk, miles, and NPs) and she didn't recognize any of them.

Anyway, I'm very impressed with Sammy, particularly given that he is both a new player AND a new player from the isolated Next House. He has been active, analytical, and not afraid to take risks. I was so happy when I saw him post my dying wish pm about lynching Victor. If say, tsims, tries to kill him, then Sammy can catch him and michikyo, and still have a Victor lynch to push through when he's done. :D

Yeah, currently I think Dgrazian has been booted out of most valuable townie spot by a newbie. :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:07 am 
ksedlar wrote:
Anyway, I'm very impressed with Sammy, particularly given that he is both a new player AND a new player from the isolated Next House.

*New House. I meant that West Campus dorm that is really far away and starts with an N, not that West Campus dorm that is really far away and starts with an N.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:12 am 
I do really want Haley to check forums more often. She is the only one who knows that lzahray had the mic / that I was going to confront her last night to get her to give it back to me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:17 am 
DGrazian just PM'd me this, with the subject "about lopezv":
"I never believed him to be likely mafia. I will probably not be advocating lynching him tonight (though that could change.) If I'm wrong, sorry :(

But either way, give me credit for catching lzahray + scgordon :D"

Dang it, DGrazian. I hope lopezv kills you.

Also, *%&#! I should not have told all the innocent children about every other innocent child, Alex knows everything. And poor abergal, gay knights with a no-poster n00b.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:25 am 
No, telling every innocent child about every other innocent child was the correct play. :) There was a 64/81 chance none of them would be conscripted. And at least in terms of slaughtering, any attempts will be trackable since there are 5 of them. I think that while mafia having access to the innocent child network is bad, the badness doesn't outweigh the value that the innocent child network has on average.

But yeah, boo Dgrazian for ignoring my dying wish that Sammy Luo so nicely posted publicly. Also, I think I get AT LEAST half credit for catching lzahray, although scgordon was all him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:35 am 
You definitely get a big chunk of catching-lzahray credit, plus you did everything that could be expected of you and more to catch lopezv. If DGrazian saves lopezv, he is going to feel so dumb at wrap-up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:38 am 
Hmm, thinking about innocent child networks, I'm considering if it is worth it to just exclude anyone who has ever been conscripted when making them. It would make them smaller, but significantly more secure imo. Out of the 7 games I've been involved in, 5 of the conscripts were repeat conscripts.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:41 am 
Alex wrote:
Sounds good. Is the person you're meeting an NP who could be trusted to lie and say you stayed longer?

Oh man, is Alex going to attempt the kill on Sammy Luo? That would be fantastic, assuming he doesn't use kaboom.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:43 am 
It doesn't matter if he tries to use kaboom. NOTHING kills activated cynic (except poison)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:47 am 
Oh, I hadn't realized Sammy was a cynic.

On a related note, can gods post the roles spreadsheet?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:04 pm 
++ to getting the roles spreadsheet.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:15 pm 
Mafia can't find Dukhovni? Where could he be? Oh that's right, he's right in front of me, eating ESG lunch. It would be hilarious if vlonge (who is also here, and rogue) tried to kill him, but I doubt that would happen since my message to her from two days ago is still in my outbox.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:30 pm 
So does that imply one of the rogues is being inactive? I think we've had two rogues get their chances to kill and miss it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:33 pm 
Yep, vlonge is being pretty inactive. She might even get evicted tonight, not quite sure.

Cstubbe is the other rogue, and it seems like all she has done is accuse someone of being mafia when she didn't know if they actually were.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:59 pm 
Agh, I want mafia to try to kill Sammy Luo! That would be so much fun. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:04 pm 
So much admiration for Lily Chen. She's been deducing like a boss tonight!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:32 pm 
Lol, in town's eyes they have caught 1 mafia on Day 3, 2 mafia on Day 4, and 2 mafia on Day 5. It's actually only 1-1-2, but still. This is just crazy.

Anyway, my thoughts:
Victor should not have kamikazed. It was completely unclear that he would get lynched, especially with the main Victor-lynching advocates (me and Ishara) dead, and a Dgrazian who didn't want to lynch him at all. Idk why he thought now was a good time to do this.

Alex should not have been the one to make the kills on Ishara and Vinoth. Even manipulating the press on Ishara, he was still vulnerable to investigations, and should have not done that while sticking around afterwards. If Michikyo or tsims would have done them, that would have been ideal.

Alex wrote:
Hitman Ceres is still trying to Kaboom Daniel, btw, but he's hiding.

There is literally no reason to have a hitman kaboom a known innocent child... the only way an innocent child could survive is with a medkit, which they had. If Dgrazian had a mic, so what, it catches a hitman! I think Josh is letting them take back their use of hire a hitman, but really.

I'm honestly pretty disappointed in mafia.

++ to Lily Chen though, she has been doing well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:36 pm 
Miranda Gavrin wrote:
DGrazian just PM'd me this, with the subject "about lopezv":
"I never believed him to be likely mafia. I will probably not be advocating lynching him tonight (though that could change.) If I'm wrong, sorry :(

But either way, give me credit for catching lzahray + scgordon :D"

Dang it, DGrazian. I hope lopezv kills you.

For the record, I am sad DGrazian died. But given that he died, I am kind of amused that lopezv killed him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:38 pm 
Yes, I feel like that is a very satisfying result.
Lilychen wrote:
Immediately upon opening my door, lopezv barged in and killed dgrazian.
This is technically an illegal kill; mafia can't enter rooms without permission to kill someone. I doubt it's worth calling though, as the correct procedure only would have been mildly different.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:55 pm 
isaacg wrote:
We've set a trapped lily chen, and we need you to open the door to let him in.

Wait, this is terrible play. Lily Chen dying when she and Lilly Chin are camping in her room will be much too incriminating to Lilly Chin. Getting a kill is not worth incriminating your rogue that much.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next