Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Feels about game
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:14 am 
Yeah, welcome to the graveyard ltchin -- FUCKING FINALLY.

On a different note, if I were mafia I'd call it. Just doesn't seem fun anymore for them.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:29 am 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
Oh my god, yes. If ltchin gets out of being lynched tonight (unless of course another positive investigation turns up on someone else)... that would be just unbelievable...

Also, I'm getting concerned that the townies are becoming dangerously indecisive and apathetic. Attitudes like "somebody run for mayor" and "I'll lynch whoever somebody says" are becoming too prevalent. And the fact that (as far as I know) nobody tried to reach out for the inactives who were getting evicted.

Come on town, this is the part of the game where you have to finish strong!

Late reply, but on the two days surrounding the "inactives are about to get evicted" announcement I told three inactives (jingyizz, vickiew, juesato) to post to avoid getting evicted. I had valuable information stored with jingyizz (and was almost certain she was innocent), and the other two were also very unlikely guilty.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:33 am 
sashacf wrote:
Since ltchin's death didn't end the game, it means there is almost certainly 1 mafia left. It is very likely that this is an inactive mafia, so I propose that we start lynching inactive players (unless there's another kill, in which case we should lynch whoever we suspect for that). I made a list of players who are still alive, but didn't vote yesterday, and are therefore likely inactive (or not voting for some other reason). If the remaining mafia is in fact inactive, they are probably on this list.

aliciacm
Alyssa
AustinFathman
ciara
fmajluf7
jingyizz
juesato
regirock
tsims
vickiew

GAH READ MY "SUSPICIONS FOR FUTURE" POST!!!
Hopefully jakob will post about benlin and/or cstubbe soon..........

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:39 am 
ltchin wrote:
Caught up on posts - really enjoyed all the wtf town :D

Wow you suck :P ok jk, but I was seriously considering PMing Alex "am I getting the vibes wrong, or is ltchin the one I should PM after you're dead?" on day 6(?). I was quite suspicious you were guilty by then. But I decided to be careful for the time being, which was bad because Alex tried recruiting me that night :( (I'd hoped there would be other confirmed rogues for him to recruit by then...)

And then most of the theory I built up as rogue centered on you so I figured if I didn't reveal on the day you were about to be lynched it would all just be pointless. Except then you already knew I wasn't rogue so you tried to save yourself by exposing me. This made me go into severe reverse confirmation bias, doubting all the reasons I'd had to be suspicious of you. Bad idea :(

Really hope a townie bumps my topic saying to beware of benlin and Simmons people (i.e. cstubbe)...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:00 pm 
OK I'm just going to post here anything I would be posting in town if I was still alive. It's a nice way to vent.

Adamberg wrote:
You are by yourself. You know you are going to lose. We can go through methodically and find you, but that just sounds boring. The game looks like it will no longer be fun, so just reveal yourself so that we can lynch you and end this thing.

Good Game.
Better luck next time.

gahhh why doesn't town notice that ltchin did not rampage until 3 days after her positive investigation

benlin wrote:
Also, for Eric's kill, why am I more suspected than the players who didn't post alibi at all? I'm asking for investigation just because I finished a same class with him, and investigating me helps eliminating the choices in the future.

I don't know why I didn't post about this (probably partly because I was confused and thought don had to wait three DAYS to kill) but, asking for investigations for something like that strikes me very much as an attempt to get fake confirmed innocence. Which is why I proposed it was a pair of mtp's. Plus the oreo thing, makes this VERY likely suspicious.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 pm 
And yeah I feel like mafia might as well surrender; if benlin and cstubbe don't die soon it's going to be because town acts silly and ignores my final words as well as Frevan's warning, and it's virtually impossible for tsims to chug through on his own.

Wow now I really know how repressing being dead feels :P

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:51 pm 
sammyluo wrote:
And yeah I feel like mafia might as well surrender; if benlin and cstubbe don't die soon it's going to be because town acts silly and ignores my final words as well as Frevan's warning, and it's virtually impossible for tsims to chug through on his own.

Wow now I really know how repressing being dead feels :P

You would be surprised by how often the town acts silly and and/or ignores the good advice of players once the die.

Right now for example, based on posts in the mafia den, there are people at Simmons who are basically sure that benlin is mafia. Cstubbe has convinced them to be quiet about it, so they can wait for cstubbe to smite him.

With that said, I think the mafia still have a low chance of winning. But I think it is too early to write them off if they are determined to win.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:00 pm 
Yeah... it doesn't look like they're so determined though, and if they win it's going to take like at least ~10 more days at this rate. That would be pretty tiresome to watch.

I wish I could have screwed mafia over more before dying... oh well. jakob hopefully knows what he's doing. jingyi also probably knows all the info needed to lead, but she's quite inactive.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:34 pm 
I'm impressed by how determined the mafia still are. They can definitely pull it off. Also I don't understand why the mafia think that as soon as they are interrogated its gg for them. Killing the PO makes perfect sense even if they are interrogating someone innocent.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:42 pm 
Yeah, but even if the target is innocent the death of the PO pushes the target up the suspicion scale a lot (which is reasonable - I think this is advantageous for town in general), and in this case ermain happened to choose well :D

Also, YES anpere correctly deduced that ltchin is rogue. After quite a few bad calls from him earlier I'm really happy with this

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:16 pm 
Quote:
There is a negative investigation result on benlin.

Quote:
In that case, maybe he smited her? I don't know how she was killed

........................................ I guess I did that early-game mod PM "do prophet smites count for investigations" thing for nothing

Quote:
I am very confident that Oreo was town sides and was a Cynic because the night roles came out she told us her poem/introduction thing had to do with birds. She did not know that the poems would be released publicly later, so I find it hard to believe that she somehow made this plan in advance before the poems were released. I have also heard the same account from a non-player who said that benlin was responsible for oreo's death. The way I have been told was that benlin confronted Oreo, confirmed her identity as Oreo, then killed her. Is it possible that "investigation" was actually benevolenced or that manipulate the press was used? From other discussions it seems that mafia probably had already used both their mtp. Can an investigator confirm benlin's innocence, or could Jessk vouch for the accuracy of the investigation results? If he is guilty this may suggest that benlin is another rouge that made a kill to divert attention away from mafia. If he is actually innocent then this means that mafia was able to convince an NP to deliver a story that they manufactured in advance to frame an innocent townie.

PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE (alive) READ MY SUSPICIONS FOR FUTURE POST

Also "mafia already used both their mtp" was said BY BENLIN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:19 pm 
I should have used more capital letters in that thread title and added extra exclamation points.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:40 pm 
Now you know how the dead feel as they watch game!

Anyway, if town doesn't get a better lynch target by tonight, they might lynch benlin even if they aren't super sure about him. Alternatively, ermain might declare she is interrogating him to stop the lynch, but then there's no way mafia can kill her to protect him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:55 pm 
Whoops I forgot to post something saying juesato was probably innocent... oh well, I'd only interacted with him twice, in contrast to more times with vickiew / jingyizz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:57 pm 
Wait what he's an IC?!! I really hope town remembers to ask him his role before lynching him

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:59 pm 
Yep. The last IC. And most definitely not a conscript!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:04 pm 
anpere wrote:
has anybody investigated benlin?

GAH!!!!

Ok I'll stop freaking out over stupid stuff happening. This is probably bad for my health.

If there's another (perhaps numerically much more mafia-favoring) game where we can have a town version of godfather I might want to be that just to be able to keep people from forgetting important things or saying silly stuff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:08 pm 
Well, it wouldn't be fair for townies to store secret information in such a person, so I guess there could be a no PM / outside talk policy for the town godfather if one is created.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:36 pm 
Ok appears jakob is going the secretive route... it shouldn't matter much if benlin goes ahead with the ermain kill today, but hopefully the person he somewhat trusts who he's given his information to (which hopefully includes the cstubbe warning) is not someone who'll die soon (e.g. anpere?), or at least not only someone who'll die soon.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:01 pm 
Whelp, tsims can probably concede now =/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:07 pm 
huh, ermain was conspiracy theorist? I wonder why she didn't have ben on her list... or maybe he used kaboom, idk. Town witnesses should talk about this (ben vs. kaboom used) to avoid losing information.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:22 pm 
er, *bang vs. kaboom used

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:31 pm 
benlin wrote:
NOT ME JUST SOMEONE WHO LOOKS LIKE ME AND WEARING SAME CLOTHES

Best defense I've ever heard.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:46 pm 
whoops jessk definitely did not need to post that (about juesato being IC). I'm rather confused why she did. now mafia has an extra kill...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:53 pm 
uh I'm imcompetent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:09 pm 
but I am happy to be dead :P I could detect the rage from the other side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:11 pm 
No, I'm actually really glad you chose benlin as your interrogation target - it looked like in less than a day everyone had forgotten about my "Suspicions for the future" topic. I guess it's partly my fault that I didn't explain further why I found benlin's "I guess I'm suspect so someone investigate me" sketchy in conjunction with the oreo thing; that was partly because I forgot don didn't have to wait three days, just three kills. Thank you for picking up on it (or on other evidence); you chose very well :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:53 pm 
Darn, I was doing so badly. I don't even know if blaming people would've changed Erin's mind though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:01 pm 
Ben I think you were actually doing very well as an individual up until the oreo thing.

Town kind of stupidly ignored the possibility of don still being alive and nobody I know of was particularly suspicious of you. I guess I should have pushed harder on the lie we caught you in surrounding liz's death but I figured we'd catch you eventually if it was you and MTP was used (didn't really consider don =/).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:11 pm 
I think a advising player is pretty necessary since in the early stage of the game we were all pretty noob-ish but were still forced to do actions. Towns, in contrary, could gain information and learn form the forum through the game and still be doing ok. For example, we didn't even use benevolence because we didn't start using it from the beginning of the game, and were thinking not to be suspicious by being a source starting from the mid-game. Also, I feel like the skill cap is a bit too high now since we have so many items. The top-tier players probably think that the mechanics work out nicely and therefore the game is balanced, but I'd prefer the game to be more suitable for general players who aren't able to spend a huge amount of time to this game. I was actually feeling sorry when I knew I was mafia because I know that I am having much less time than I need to be a decent mafia, and I thought that our incompetency somehow make this game not as interesting as it should be.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next