Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:51 pm 
omg

ltchin lives. UGH. I HAVE SO MANY FEELINGS.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:55 pm 
Oh my gods, why is town being so incompetent?! I want to bake Justin a cookie for being the only sane one there. And look at this:

ltchin wrote:
Again, I rebut this by reiterating that I've been an active player of the game and have been helping out in discussions at Random Hall with lgunder and dininno. I might not be a super helpful role but I am a townie. Mafia are loving this sketch train that's happening right now and are going to ride it to its fullest.

kevinaer, by inactivity, has been a 0 or perhaps negative influence on the game, if michikyo was indeed investigator by not posting her results.

ltchin wrote:
kevinaer, by inactivity, has been a 0 or perhaps negative influence on the game, if michikyo was indeed investigator by not posting her results.

ltchin wrote:
if michikyo was indeed investigator

Why does no one else realize it's virtually impossible for michikyo and ltchin to both be innocent?! Mafia can only use frame a townsperson once!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:00 pm 
ermain wrote:
I don't think people were voting for her because "lol Random" it's because, well, there were two positive investigation results on her.

Fucking right.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:03 pm 
I might bring a cake or something to wrap up that says "LTCHIN IS GUILTY". Or not, that would be mean.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:05 pm 
No that would be great, it'd be the most delicious cake evar

also Mads volunteers to help you make it

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:11 pm 
Ignoring the positive investigations on ltchin is even worse than the fact that town barely decreased Anpere's sketchiness AT ALL from him being smited. Also, if town thinks ltchin is framed, then they're declaring michikyo to be absolute mafia, which no one seems to realize at all...

And I would so eat that cake!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:13 pm 
sammyluo wrote:
ltchin wrote:
if michikyo was indeed investigator by not posting her results.

From your perspective this is virtually impossible since then both of you were framed.

Whew, at least my faith in sammyluo is partially restored.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:19 pm 
ksedlar wrote:
If town thinks ltchin is framed, then they're declaring michikyo to be absolute mafia, which no one seems to realize at all...

no no I think you're ignoring the possibility that all the 'investigators' are actually mafia.

Just like you were ignoring the possibility that Alex just happened to see Jenny walking to random.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:50 pm 
Sooooooo I'm still confused why day was extended?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:52 pm 
Josh Frisch send some mysterious/misleading flavor text, so ciara's investigator returned a positive instead of a negative for ltchin >> inisley. People made their lynch decisions based on ciara's positive which should have been negative. Cue time reverse.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:54 pm 
Sooooo basically....town's being dumb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:57 pm 
hiji I don't think you understand ltchin must have been framed.

Did you see how innocent she seemed?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:14 am 
There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for ltchin not being lynched under clear-headed circumstances. Like if she's not lynched tonight.

She has done nothing ever that ought to convince people of her innocence. She's just talked a lot and been active in the game. She's done nothing useful for town. And she should have been near the top of the lynch cue anyway for the thing with Jenny not Jennifer (did she call in Alex to kill her, or was that just an incriminating coincidence?)

However, with all that said, I sympathize with town for reverting in the face of the investigation-reversal.

I would have no such sympathy tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:28 am 
Yeah, you make a good point. It was confusing for town, and for some reason some people believe she's an investigator, which explains their hesitancy somewhat.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:48 am 
Yeah, it's a 'they should have seen it, but I understand that they didn't in extreme time pressure' sort of thing. They had BETTER lynch her tonight though. And there shouldn't be any wavering, once the investigation thing gets cleared up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:26 am 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for ltchin not being lynched under clear-headed circumstances. Like if she's not lynched tonight.

She has done nothing ever that ought to convince people of her innocence. She's just talked a lot and been active in the game. She's done nothing useful for town. And she should have been near the top of the lynch cue anyway for the thing with Jenny not Jennifer (did she call in Alex to kill her, or was that just an incriminating coincidence?)

However, with all that said, I sympathize with town for reverting in the face of the investigation-reversal.

I would have no such sympathy tonight.

Yep, she totally called Alex in to kill Jenny.

She also was the only Randomite Jenny was in contact with, and even Jenny to not show up until after day end (because mafia couldn't make any kills that original day). Jenny basically told qql all of this, and qql told town. But, town was like, "ltchin seems so innocent!"

I swear, people have been less reluctant to lynch you, Dgrazian, in games where you've singlehandedly caught a proven mafia.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:07 pm 
Actually, in the past townies have trusted me way too much under similar circumstances (when I've talked a lot of convincing talk and accomplished absolutely nothing for the town). Look at IAP 2013 and (especially) spring 2012.

A large minority of mafia can talk for a long time without coming off as sketchy. Ltchin is definitely one of them!

Again, though, it wasn't ltchin's talking that saved her (though it was certainly necessary.) It was the investigation mess-up.

And why can't people just follow points 1-3 of my basic strategy post? (Point 3 is applicable here for Jenny's death) I guess to be fair players are doing much better at these things than in previous games.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:25 pm 
Not saying people haven't been overly trusting of you (because they very much have in the past), more that the level of confidence seems to have in ltchin here seems to be MORE than when you've been an ACTUALLY helpful townie (e.g. the many times you've caught mafia). Ltchin, on the other hand, hasn't actually done anything substantial to help town this game.

On the contrary, it seems like it was almost entirely ltchin's talking (and possibly more importantly, the talking of people like lgunder and sammyluo) that saved her. She was almost not lynched even with the false positive info about inisley.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:29 pm 
Yeah, I think we're mincing words here a bit, but we're essentially in total agreement.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:24 pm 
I investigated Ben for Troy's death!! No idea he could possibly be don though. I guess making a new player don isn't a bad idea after all.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:35 pm 
Ben actually played (and was mafia) in a summer game, so he isn't new.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:36 pm 
yeah I know. I just meant not experienced.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:51 pm 
Oh, okay.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:28 pm 
Hey I finally have graveyard access :D And ah. AH. AHHHH. GDI.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:36 pm 
It is seriously possible that ltchin will live to the end of a town-won game. That cake is still totally happening btw.