Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:22 pm 
I'm proxying for Investigator Tracer Bullet.

Proxies, post here

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:23 pm 
I am blogging for town's consulting detective Sherlock Holmes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:06 pm 
I am also proxy for Inspector Clouseau

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:08 pm 
jessk wrote:
I am also proxy for Inspector Clouseau

Why would a second investigator also choose you as their proxy? Having one person know the identities of 2 investigators is not terribly desirable.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:15 pm 
Yep, Clouseau might not have seen that I was already a proxy. But since they asked, I already knew they were an investigator, so it wouldn't make any more sense for them to find someone else.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:23 pm 
An important note: at least one mafia claims investigator every game. If you are a proxy and your investigator tries to steer which people/kills get investigated (by them or in general), be suspicious of them and consider telling someone else that you are suspicious of them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:32 pm 
I have been looking for people I know and who are in the game, and I found one investigator who asked me to be his proxy. He didn't give me a cool name, but I'll refer to him as Aang.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:33 pm 
Miranda Gavrin wrote:
If you are a proxy and your investigator tries to steer which people/kills get investigated (by them or in general), be suspicious of them and consider telling someone else that you are suspicious of them.

I think investigators actually should choose their own investigations, although after consulting the spreadsheet. Trying to get town to organize investigations has historically been more mafia-steered than investigators deciding for themselves what to do.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:41 pm 
Investigators should tell their proxies who they are investigating, and the proxy should claim that investigation, so that no one else makes the same investigation accidentally.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:52 pm 
I actually think it's better if investigations were not claimed. Doing so lets a Mafia "Investigator" hide a positive. I think Investigators should decide on Investigations completely on their own.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:54 pm 
If we repeat investigations, it should be by intentional choice, not because two people investigated the same kill at the same time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:41 pm 
Perhaps it would be a good idea if proxies post their results only at the end of the day. Chances of collisions are low.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:44 pm 
What's the point of having proxies if you're not using them to avoid collisions.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:45 pm 
kemus wrote:
What's the point of having proxies if you're not using them to avoid collisions.

The point of having proxies is not having the investigators reveal publicly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:46 pm 
anpere wrote:
Perhaps it would be a good idea if proxies post their results only at the end of the day. Chances of collisions are low.

I don't see why posting at the end of the day would be beneficial

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:47 pm 
ksedlar wrote:
kemus wrote:

The point of having proxies is not having the investigators reveal publicly.

I mean, as opposed to investigators keeping non-guilty results to themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:51 pm 
This is just so that investigators can have independency from town. Of course at the end of the day, all investigations should be made public.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:55 pm 
How I propose investigations should work:

1.Investigator independently decides who to investigate
2.Investigator tells proxy who he intends to investigate
3.Proxy posts publicly about who investigator will investigate
4.Investigator continues with investigation
5.Investigator tells proxy result
6.Proxy posts result publicly

Investigators should only be confirming other results with full knowledge that the other investigation has already occurred. This system is designed to prevent accidental collisions and get investigation results to town, but preserve independence and anonymity of investigators.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:06 pm 
I am proxying for Investicrocodile.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:07 pm 
That's a good idea, making planned investigations public, as long as investigators aren't swayed from their choice.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:11 pm 
But if there is a mafia investigator, they can just claim to investigate the actual killer, and no one will check the right person. Of course they could be found out for doing that too many times.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:13 pm 
jessk wrote:
But if there is a mafia investigator, they can just claim to investigate the actual killer, and no one will check the right person. Of course they could be found out for doing that too many times.

Good point, I guess then there isn't much purpose to revealing your investigation before you doing it if others shouldn't use the revealed info.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:15 pm 
And if we don't reveal beforehand then there is a better chance of catching the fake investigator lying.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:16 pm 
Just got a result from Investicrocodile. Liz came up negative.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:11 pm 
Alex wrote:
jessk wrote:

Good point, I guess then there isn't much purpose to revealing your investigation before you doing it if others shouldn't use the revealed info.

Your logic is "Double checking is sometimes good, therefore any system that reduces the amount of double checking is bad." This is flawed logic, because double checking is usually bad compared to checking a different target, and we only want to do it when it benefits us.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:17 pm 
Sherlock deduces that lilychen did not kill Troy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:19 pm 
dpalumbo wrote:
Just got a result from Investicrocodile. Liz came up negative.

I'm sorry for the stupid question, but by Liz you mean lizrita?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:22 pm 
Yup.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:23 pm 
Liz = lizrita.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:38 pm 
I am proxying for investigator Eraldo Coil. Mr Coil has found that arkadiyf did not kill Troy.