Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Day 2 death 1
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:52 pm 
I was in my 8.022 recitation, not sure who can corroborate.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:53 pm 
I would have no qualms about killing a new player if I were mafia. However, I think the best mafia strategy is to aggressively target experienced players, and wouldn't have let two days pass without killing an experienced player.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:53 pm 
26 player still have not posted an alibi.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:56 pm 
Nevermind, he did just mistype the number: 21L.611 is in that room.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:01 pm 
I was finishing up a meeting at 100 in PDR 4 of W20 with the Hazing Prevention & Education Committee. If you want verification, you can e-mail someone peeps from this mailing list https://groups.mit.edu/webmoira/list/hpec which is a bunch of people from various MIT offices. After that I arrived at about 110 in 54-819 for 12.001.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:02 pm 
Tldr: This kill shouldn't lessen suspicions against experienced players in general, but it should lessen suspicions against me.

I agree that this does not eliminate experienced players at all. However, people who have played Live Action Mafia with me before know that I personally have a very strong aversion to killing new players first.

Excepting circumstances of necessity (e.g. he had heard me talking with my mafia buddies, which is unlikely under the circumstances of his death) I would absolutely not have killed Troy first, and I would have told my fellow mafia to avoid killing new players. Even more so with Troy than with a typical new player. I've been trying to get Troy to play Live Action Mafia for years, and this time he finally played. I would not kill him at the beginning of the game.

However,

1. I don't believe that all other experienced players share my philosophy. Certainly not as strongly as I do.
2. This wouldn't eliminate me as a rogue.

You can believe or not believe what I am saying, but I expect that people who have played with me a bunch with confirm that this is true.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:03 pm 
arkadiyf wrote:
I was in a physics recitation until 1:00, at which point I headed back to Random. Unfortunately, I was walking alone and the recitation was in 26-142, so I would be a good investigation target from an objective point of view, as I was very close at the time of the death. However, I did not walk in the direction of 26-100 to walk back to Random, so I did not see anything happen and did not commit the murder.

I was in that recitation and can confirm that you did not leave to walk in that direction. I doubt you saw me leave since I think you left before me so I still am kinda suspicious. I walked in that direction but I didn't see anything so I am probably a good investigation target compared to most other folks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:05 pm 
I would be surprised if dgrazian had made this kill if he were mafia, just because he's stated this opinion in several games (and never broken this moral of his, to my knowledge) and I believe that he feels strongly about it. I don't know his specific connection to Troy, but yeah.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:22 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
Tldr: This kill shouldn't lessen suspicions against experienced players in general, but it should lessen suspicions against me.

The fact that a new player died on day 2 shouldn't lessen suspicions against anyone, including dgrazian, by more than epsilon. I definitely would not rule out dgrazian being mafia and killing Troy/having him killed. Same goes for anyone else.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:42 pm 
Lily, really? I would not do that :-(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:50 pm 
I was just walking out of walker from my theater class. NPs can confirm.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:53 pm 
Can people answer the following relevant questions:

ET people on the van: Did you see Sarah Pratt when you left?

Person who confirmed Michikyo's phone interview: Who are you and how did you confirm this? Also, why is the albi listed as 1.5?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:55 pm 
The confirmation of Michikyo's phone call was illegal; it involved seeing her phone call history. We shouldn't count it.
(It was me, Andres, and Miles there at the time)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:01 pm 
No I did not see Sarah on my way out of the house but I certainly didn't look for her so it's perfectly plausible that she was there. I think achester would know better so hopefully he can chime in.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:02 pm 
ermain wrote:
However, I wouldn't expect people from ET to pick Troy as a first kill since he is a new player, and we all know that. :-(

As sad as this is, I wouldn't discount ET people from being likely suspects. Two rationales for Troy's death: 1) New mafia player decides to pick Troy because he looks familiar. 2) (definitely more sinister :( ) Experienced players can claim they are less suspicious because they would never kill a new player.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:09 pm 
As soon as I saw that a death had happened (at ~1:26) I went looking for people in the house to be my alibi. There was someone showering in womenless head, and Alwina was the only available person I could find. I have not seen achester all day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:19 pm 
sashacf and I can vouch for each other's presence in 24.900. We were both on time for class.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:23 pm 
I also was running to a class in Stata (same one as lizrita I think? CMS.611?) I can confirm that there was a guest lecturer, though I might have slid in at the back around 1:07 :p

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:27 pm 
I was in an 18.02 recitation in building 13

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:28 pm 
I was sleeping in Random. Horrible alibi, yes yes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:31 pm 
Was at Medical. Otherwise, have been in my room all day, not feeling so hot. Ellena and Elena can attest to the fact that I missed my classes today as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:35 pm 
I was in 18.01A lecture in ESG. Unless I can teleport to class and avoid missing notes I'm clean.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:48 pm 
My 18.01 recitation ended at 12:55, and I immediatly headed back to Random via the infinite (so away from 26), and took a nap. There are non-players and some people on Clam who could confirm that I was back at a time where I wouldn't have been able to commit the murder.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:50 pm 
vlonge, that's of course assuming missing notes is a big problem ... you are, after all, on PNR :P

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:59 pm 
I was in my 18.02 recitation at the moment of the tragedy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:00 pm 
(Building 66)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:06 pm 
mads wrote:
vlonge, that's of course assuming missing notes is a big problem ... you are, after all, on PNR :P

ESG classes have mandatory attendance, and they aren't happy if you miss class without informing the professor ahead of time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:42 pm 
I was in Random hall just after the tragedy occurred, arkadiyf can confirm.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:01 pm 
scgordon wrote:
I was in Random hall just after the tragedy occurred, arkadiyf can confirm.

Whoa there whoa there weren't arkadiyf and dpalumbo together after their recitation? Also you fit the Troy suspect profile - new to the game, know Troy's face.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:11 pm 
arkadiyf headed back to random after recitation, which is where i saw him, and he saw me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next