- sammyluo
- sashacf

arkadiyf (1 vote):
- Sarah Pratt

No Lynch (1 vote):
- Jenny not Jennifer

Post subject: Re: Day 3 Start
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:12 pm 
I am still really confused why jhbell didn't post anything else (and posted such a coy response in the first place). Ah well. Let's go checkout ctubbe now though...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:14 pm 
I shoveled already. He came up as genie.

If you want to double check me to make sure I'm telling the truth, make sure only one person does it (I assure you that's not necessary though; I wouldn't lie about something of such relatively little consequence, where I would be so likely to be found out.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:16 pm 
I don't actually think cstubbe is sketchy. They got confirmation from multiple other players that it seemed sketchy before they posted about it. jhbell's innocence doesn't make cstubbe any more sketchy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:22 pm 
I feel it's likely that he was mafia and they used their graveyard manipulation ability to make him look like genie.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:30 pm 
55.2% turnout, approximately the same as the 2004 presidential election.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:31 pm 
lilychen wrote:
I feel it's likely that he was mafia and they used their graveyard manipulation ability to make him look like genie.

Why do you think so?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:04 pm 
kemus wrote:
lilychen wrote:

Why do you think so?

A bunch of circumstantial evidence that adds up to a pretty strong case for him being mafia, in my mind. He was seen acting sketchy. He admitted to being at the location where his presence was deemed sketchy. He responded to allegations of staking out a kill with a very contrived explanation. He claimed genie, which is the easiest role claim for a mafia hoping to avoid being lynched. As it became clear that the lynch-jhbell bandwagon was unstoppable, he stopped posting and nobody insisted on defending him, which is consistent with mafia deciding that he's a lost cause. It would not be difficult for mafia to predict that he would be shoveled and plant evidence on him to hide the fact that he was mafia.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:57 pm 
Why would they care to hide it? Everything that happened is also consistent with him just being a random genie in unfortunate circumstances.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:17 am 
My assessment:
Jhbell was innocent. His story wasn't fantastic, but it was certainly plausible, and better than what I would have been able to come up with were I a mafia who had been camping outside a class to make a kill. He shoveled as genie because he was genie. I also think this would not have been the optimal lynch to use plant evidence on.
Cstubbe is not more sketchy than average. I think her play is more consistent with a townie being rightly paranoid over something that Jhbell admitted to doing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:33 am 
ksedlar wrote:
My assessment:
Jhbell was innocent. His story wasn't fantastic, but it was certainly plausible, and better than what I would have been able to come up with were I a mafia who had been camping outside a class to make a kill. He shoveled as genie because he was genie. I also think this would not have been the optimal lynch to use plant evidence on.
Cstubbe is not more sketchy than average. I think her play is more consistent with a townie being rightly paranoid over something that Jhbell admitted to doing.

Fair enough, I'm becoming less certain that he was mafia. If he actually was a genie, that's rather unfortunate.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:52 am 
Hmm I feel like playing mafia in general causes significant paranoia and easily makes otherwise innocuous actions appear suspicious or scary :P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:28 am 
Still fairly sketched out that jhbell didn't really say anything, but I guess it could just be new play. Genie is a pretty good rule though, so that would be unfortunate if they're good

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:38 am 
It's possible he managed to give someone investigative powers on Troy's death before he died. Although I think it likely that Troy's death was manipulated/donned anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:22 am 
i'm reasonably convinced (and so are several others at et i believe?) that troy's kill was a drive by shooting by a rogue due to the lateness of the van.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:45 am 
wouldn't we know if it was a rogue kill by now? If mafia fail to make a kill in 2 consecutive days, don't the gods reveal somebody as innocent?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:54 am 
anpere wrote:
wouldn't we know if it was a rogue kill by now? If mafia fail to make a kill in 2 consecutive days, don't the gods reveal somebody as innocent?

No, rogue kills count towards stopping Peace and Quiet.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:57 am 
Please read my thread. I'm a dying innocent. The strategy discussions are full of planning about how much cool stuff town can do with a dying innocent. Let's not waste that.