All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Discussion Day 6
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:34 pm 
Stuff to do:
1. Elect new mayor and police officer
2. Identify new sketchy people

Post subject: Re: Discussion Day 6
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:39 pm 
Would people who I've given genie powers to want to genie-confirm me? So people I give investigative powers to next don't have to continuously genie-check me and can carry on actual investigations.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:39 pm 
Lynch Alex today.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:40 pm 
It'll be hard to identify new sketchy people given that the unrevealed mafia can lay low and let Alex do everything. (Another reason it'd've been nice not to waste tasers.) There's probably a fair amount of sketchiness to find in the old discussions, though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:47 pm 
Lilly or Lisa (or other Randomites) can we please try to track down the pile of petitions. We need to elect a Mayor and PO. Shady Contacts would be especially nice right now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:51 pm 
Justin wrote:
Lilly or Lisa (or other Randomites) can we please try to track down the pile of petitions. We need to elect a Mayor and PO. Shady Contacts would be especially nice right now.

Eh, I wouldn't trust Lilly with the petitions right now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:59 pm 
Quote:
Eh, I wouldn't trust Lilly with the petitions right now.

Reasonable from your perspective. I trust lgunder and dininno more than lisakong just from more interactions with them.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:01 pm 
So essentially we have ~3 tasers left and ~3-4 prophets left at best. There exist at least 3 living natural-born mafia, a known conscript, a potential conscript, and probably 3 rogues. Mafia has not provably used mtp or frame a townsperson, has probably lost their don (or done something else to disable microphone 2), has made 6-7 kills in one day (and thus probably used scheme at least once), and probably has one new trap to set for today (since yesterday's was used).

Given this, let us produce optimal action.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:13 pm 
just thinking out loud, but perhaps the mafia did a grave manipulation on asya to throw us off. this is something to keep in mind. it definitely caused some serious confusion, so it would've made sense that they'd've done that.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:17 pm 
I'm confused what specifically we're talking about; did we shovel Asya?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:21 pm 
wait.... did anybody shovel asya? nobody said that they did and she wouldn't have probably known how to get in touch with IC net, so where did people begin to post that asya is a gay knight? if she was, can anyone link her to her lover? this really isn't adding up, and makes me think that someone posted false information to throw everyone a confusion.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:26 pm 
The post about Asya being gay knight was made by mads

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:27 pm 
No evidence about who Asya's gay lover was in that thread as far as I can tell.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:28 pm 
++. I would like someone to prove us wrong, but there seems to be no suspect as asya's lover. this is very, very important.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:31 pm 
Yes, how exactly did Asya get in touch with the IC network, and how are we sure she's a gay knight?? Apparently there was some sort of failed plan between aok, asya, and the ICs in order to find out potential rogues. Mads is probably the only person alive who knows any specifics on it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:58 pm 
It's not about trusting someone with the petitions... I don't even know where they are in the first place! If someone could just find them that would be a great start.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:04 am 
We've started some new petitions in Random for anpere for Mayor and someone else for PO. They have like 6 signatures and are headed to EC right now and ET after that I think?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:08 am 
People didn't publicly display petition holders. After a search in the forums, the only result I could find was aok giving his petition to lopezv, which is not that helpful

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:08 am 
Since all the reasoning we did on the other thread seems consistent with Asya being mafia, I believe that Asya was mafia pretending to be a gay knight in order to gain access to the IC network. Mads may have more info on why we should trust Asya, but based on what has been posted, it seems likely that Asya was the one to bust the IC network. She didn't get anyone to proxy any investigations as gay knight, and just *happened* to give her list of possible rogues to only Alex.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:14 am 
Wait hold up - lgunder and I are really confused how we're talking to the innocent children network. Did abergal tell Miranda that she was a gay knight? And then why did Miranda give abergal access to the IC network?

lisakong's theory also seems reasonable to us - Alex was conscripted and then the entire rogue network was shared to all of the mafia and him, but she claimed to only have given it to Alex to reduce suspcision in the IC network.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:10 am 
I'll explain more later. I shoveled Abergal - she was a dying gay knight, as she claimed. Please let me explain more later.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:29 am 
lisakong wrote:
Since all the reasoning we did on the other thread seems consistent with Asya being mafia, I believe that Asya was mafia pretending to be a gay knight in order to gain access to the IC network. Mads may have more info on why we should trust Asya, but based on what has been posted, it seems likely that Asya was the one to bust the IC network. She didn't get anyone to proxy any investigations as gay knight, and just *happened* to give her list of possible rogues to only Alex.

Wait, sorry for posting here though mads has posted sufficient info already, but how was all the reasoning consistent with Asya being mafia? aok confirmed that this plan was going on before his death. Furthermore, aok claimed to survive via medkit while in fact Alex had the medkit. Furthermore, if Asya was mafia there was no reason for Victor to publicly reveal himself (at that point he was being removed from suspicion) and ask the rogues to reveal to him again, saying "I'm the real deal."

I don't know if I'm being dumb, but the logic here seems pretty straightforward. Asya was gay knight who died on day 4, which means her lover died on day 3. Which means her lover was ksedlar.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:46 am 
How do we know Alex had the medkit? He could be a conscripted person with some protection powers (conspiracy theorist, cynic, etc.) lopezv obviously had a fairly complex plan; pretending to try to kill Alex to prove him innocent was most likely part of it, AND a good explanation for why he made that kill extremely publicly.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:51 am 
Alex was an IC.

Abergal contacted Miranda and dukhovni, we picked one IC to contact her. It happened to be Alex. I don't think conscription of Abergal was possible. I suppose place evidence could have been used on Abergal, but I doubt it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:52 am 
Alex admitted he had medkit after lilychen voiced suspicion and hiji -> kemus confirmed that the medkit had been given to Alex.

ALSO it's been documented that Alex revealed as IC to people, and he was part of the IC network.

Maybe it's a problem of having too many threads for the same things, but it would really help if we could stop having to re-establish known facts. I propose a few people volunteer to update the public spreadsheet to contain critical current information. I will be one of them.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:17 am 
Added "Plain sight" in the investigator spreadsheet for publicly-known kills; added "smite" on the item results page; updated votes page with what I know.

Someone else PLEASE do the deaths page for alibis (just ignore the known kills).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:08 pm 
More detail about abergal: she knew her gay knight lover was going to be evicted for inactivity, so she would be a dying gay knight. She decided to craft a plot to get rogues to reveal to her and tell her who their kill targets would be so that if those people were killed we would have rogues to lynch. Aok was in on it. She wanted to contact the IC network and told Miranda and dukhovni this. To keep things secure (or so we thought) we decided to have just one IC contact her, and alex had apparently thought about possible flaws in her plan already so we let him be the contact. This was a huge mistake, in hindsight. At the time I didn't consider how likely it was that Alex was conscripted. Abergal wanted to be lynched so that no rogues would know that she died of a broken heart.

So abergal's plot goes down, rogues reveal to her, along with townies who are trying to keep mafia from uncovering rogues. Abergal (presumably) only sends this list to Alex prior to her death. I believe the mafia may have recruited all the real rogues from this. All in all, very unfortunate. Abergal shoveled as a gay knight.

It's mildly possible that this was some huge scheme by the mafia to crack the IC network and recruit all the rogues while sacrificing one mafia member in some giant convoluted plot that they pulled off perfectly ... I find this hard to believe. If it was true I would say hats off to the mafia for being masterminds.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:20 pm 
thanks a lot for posting this explanation, that move makes a ton more sense now

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:32 pm 
No prob, sorry about the delay. I'm doing my best to disseminate knowledge before my impending death.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:42 pm 
I guess the only thing confusing left is how the mafia knew to conscript Alex. Is it possible that they conscripted him only because he's really experienced, and ended up being really really lucky? It seems odd that he would let his role slip, but if he revealed to Justin, I guess he could have trusted some other people that he shouldn't have also.