Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Discussion Day 7
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:55 pm 
I agree with what Lane said, because inactive players will have a higher proportion of Mafia than the general populace well. I will go and find the person with the fewest posts that I can see. I might make mistakes, so someone should double check me on this.

The fact that aradhana rescinded her previous statement makes me feel like it would not be such a good idea to lunch any of those three.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:00 pm 
Err, I actually need to go somewhere (ET) before I can finish counting. I'll get the post numbers up within the hour.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:19 pm 
Wait the problem is inactive players are also very likely to accidentally reveal their roles to other players. So a lot of us might in fact have found out the roles of a few inactive players, but we don't want to reveal them at the risk of set-a-trap, and we also don't want them to get lynched unnecessarily...

Hopefully most inactive players do not have active roles (anything involving investigation / smiting, in particular) :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:34 pm 
Are evictions still happening?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:36 pm 
I assume people are evicted after 3 day afks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:40 pm 
[ Hmm I may or may not be storing backup information in some apparent inactives :P, so mods pls warn me (and for that matter everyone else) before you evict someone. Same goes for us lynching inactives. ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:01 pm 
advocate lynching michikyo per recent happenings

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:13 pm 
I also advocate lynching michikyo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:16 pm 
yep thirded. Let's lynch her, and in the meantime people steer clear of her.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:27 pm 
oh hmm. maybe we want to think about this more

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:40 pm 
Michikyo: please post your full list of investigations+ results if you are claiming investigator.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:49 pm 
Still waiting on this investigation list.... according to search function, Kevinaer's only posts ever are "proxying for Inspector Ade" and an alibi (so notably he never actually announced any investigation results). Pretty sketchy..

Michikyo *please* tell us who you investigated if you're serious about this claim. As of right now I'm pretty sure she is mafia.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:26 pm 
sorry, i didn't get a chance to do this before rehearsal..

Day 1: no death, no investigation

Day 2: hosed/forgot/didn't have a proxy yet, no investigation

Day 3: i asked kevin to proxy for me, told him i'd pm him about it later

Day 4: kevin posts that he's proxying for me. i tell him that i want to wait until closer to the end of day to investigate. that night, i told him to check the pm i sent him, he told me he wasnt home (i think he had gone out for the night). i investigated hiji for killing vinoth, which was negative. he never got around to posting.

Day 5: shit got fucked, people were pretty clear about who did what it seemed, and it was hard to track who had already been investigated for what. no investigation

Day 6: i spent most of the day either at work, rehearsal, or being hosed so i didn't really pay much attention to the boards, ran into kevin, asked about proxying.

now it's day 7. i chose kevin as a proxy because he's new and seemed pretty harmless, and i figured it was my safest bet. i considered getting a new proxy but i hadn't figured out anyone else that i trusted, well, sort of ara but that all got ruined.

tl;dr,, im kind of a shitty and hosed investigator but i am one.

i also really wish kevinaer would stop being inactive long enough to tell people he's my proxy, i haven't found him all day :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:30 pm 
This is plausible but pretty weak, so probably not going to stop you getting lynched in the face of triply confirmed positive investigation. You should make an investigation before day end at least.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:31 pm 
i haven't because no one will believe me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:33 pm 
you should anyway if you are town.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:34 pm 
alright, suggestions?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:35 pm 
investigate anpere for mads :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:48 pm 
+1 to jessk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:53 pm 
^um i don't see how that helps. I would suggest aliciacm for killing Jeanie since a new investigator suddenly popped up and a confirmation would be nice.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:55 pm 
yeah, I was mostly joking, sorry :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:55 pm 
Done and done. Anpere did not kill mads. That doesn't mean that I did do it. Bye guys. Good luck :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:40 pm 
all this being said, the petitions are now in the hands of arkadiyf. he said he'll give them to adamberg, who in turn is expected to give them to et. please provide updates as they happen-ish.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:42 pm 
just so people know, i'm not trying to target people for being killed by mafia for having petitions, i'm just letting people know the relative chain of motion without fixed timing and possessions. if the petitions keep being swapped hands, then the mafia can't easily stop their transmission. so if you get the petitions, feel free to hand them off to someone somewhat secretly so long as they keep making their journey toward et and ec.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:51 pm 
lgunder wrote:
all this being said, the petitions are now in the hands of arkadiyf. he said he'll give them to adamberg, who in turn is expected to give them to et. please provide updates as they happen-ish.

whoops did this happen before his death?

mafia plz tell us if you destroyed the petitions again. this is pretty not funny.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:57 pm 
to be honest, i have no idea. i think he might've handed them off, but i really am not sure. i'll try and see what i can find out.