A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Discussion Day 7
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:21 pm 
WHO'S NEXT

Post subject: Re: Discussion Day 7
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:24 pm 
I'm putting my money for lynching lisakong for the post about kevin and I being out, when there was a outted mafia on campus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:27 pm 
Why would she not post in mafia den but in town if she is mafia? I think base on all the recent post I would rather lynch anpere.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:30 pm 
I thought anpere was prophet smited and verfied as innocent?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:38 pm 
personally i vote on waiting to lynch anpere for another day or two

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:40 pm 
I know from the people I saw there was a mafia member. She is the most likely one, unless there is somebody more sketch among the people I saw at random.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:43 am 
lisakong could have posted it publicly in order to ease of on the suspicion that there must be a Random mafia. If she hadn't posted publicly, we would know basically for sure that one of the people they met at Random is mafia.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:55 am 
Wait where/what did Lisa post? I searched her post history but couldn't find anything relevant posted recently.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:57 am 
also what happened with Jenny Not Jennifer's kill?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:21 am 
I'd also be for waiting to lynch anpere unless we get more evidence for her being mafia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:50 am 
Jenny not Jennifer was killed by Alex in the random airlock.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:53 am 
Assuming this is the post in question,

I don't think this is that useful. People commonly announce where they're going to collect signatures so people can get ready, and it's not unreasonable for someone else to do that for them (even unasked) while they head out to avoid wasting their own time. There's no particular reason for Alex to kill kemus in an isolated place (unless he actually did conscript anpere); he could as well have barged into random or whatever other place and done it. I wouldn't put the probability of this being a good lynch at much above that of a random lynch being good.

I also agree that we should not be so quick to lynch confirmed innocents that may have been conscripted. A few days of life is reasonable.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:04 am 
:( guys please. I saw earlier that Sarah Pratt gave a time she planned to be at the student center, so I didn't really think much about giving the location of those petitions.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:50 am 
thanks sammy, that seems like a reasonable post on lisakong's part.

I was wondering specifically how Alex knew that Jenny Not Jennifer was going to be in the airlock? I can't remember if we've discussed this somewhere?

I also think we should hold off on lynching proven town.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:59 am 
ermain wrote:
thanks sammy, that seems like a reasonable post on lisakong's part.

I was wondering specifically how Alex knew that Jenny Not Jennifer was going to be in the airlock? I can't remember if we've discussed this somewhere?

I also think we should hold off on lynching proven town.

There's a separate thread on JENNY NOT JENNIFER IS DEAD. Could be coincidence that Alex was waiting for any random person to come by. More likely, a mafia in Random informed him that she was going to come by especially since it takes a while for Alex to get from ET to campus. I already voiced my suspicion of ltchin because Jenny was in contact only with her at Random.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:21 am 
Maybe we should lynch ltchin then.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:26 am 
As I voiced earlier on that thread, I told Jenny Not Jennifer to wait for a bit because lopezv was being a HUGE sleazeball the other day. lgunder confirms this and that it was a good idea to not have come earlier. I seriously don't know how Alex figured out to lurk around Random but it was public knowledge that [url=mafia.mit.edu/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=3078]Jenny not Jennifer had been asking for genie powers[/url]. Alex is an experienced player and I would not be surprised if he figured out that she would be eventually going to investigate the murder spree.

Indeed, I got a phone call from Jenny Not Jennifer that Alex had passed her, asked if she was Jenny (which she said "No" to) and I should hurry down. lgunder and arkaidyf can confirm that I took a phone call in Clam Kitchen and my voice suddenly got really concerned.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:35 am 
Ok. Honestly based on ltchin's other posts, I'm inclined to believe she's not mafia. Also, I agree with qql that it may be a mistake to lynch confirmed town. There's still lots of natural born mafia out there, and only one conscripted townie.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:18 pm 
okay, thanks for the recap guys! I'm also getting the vibe from ltchin that she's okay? but reads of people are totally wishy-washy, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:29 pm 
i will just give my voice to nobody in random being mafia. its always possible, but there have been many chances for them to kill me without witnesses. if there is a mafia in random though, they wouldn't kill a person within random i guess. so i think my logic is cyclical.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:09 pm 
there's still a question of who Alex was looking for when he went on his attempted spree in ET last night. he started in the basement, and didn't check Dungeon so he probably wasn't looking for Justin, who would have been my first guess. he then ran around past a couple people in front rooms and went around to the fire escape to the second floor. And then ??? because I went to go hide in Dungeon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:10 pm 
Idk, various hard-to-explain factors make me think there's very likely still a mafia in random. In particular, there are various reasons suggesting to me that ltchin is more likely than average. On their own each factor is very negligible, but together they build a noticeable case, albeit one that is quite fallible. I do think the content of most of ltchin's posts decreases her suspiciousness (though this can also be said about, e.g., lzahray and Alex, to some extent), and she seems to be trying very earnestly to play well, so ltchin, please do not be offended by my intuitive suspicion.

One problem is that the more one suspects a suspect, the more suspicious each subsequent step taken by said suspect seems (yay sssibilant alliteration), so vibes can be hard to base things on sometimes. If it comes to it I can explain my various, most likely unfounded, suspicions in more detail at a more opportune time.

Fun fact: For a long time I thought ltchin's username was itchin (with a capital I) rather than Ltchin (with a lowercase l), and I was very confused.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:21 pm 
Given that mads is dead, I am unsure whether or not mafia has used their second conscription. I think they didn't conscript either one of us because they reasoned that our lifespan would be short because town would lynch us because of our sketchiness.
Either that, or they are saving up their conscription for the end when it might matter more.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:22 pm 
I'd believe that mafia is waiting to nab qql.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:24 pm 
ermain wrote:
I'd believe that mafia is waiting to nab qql.

lol I'm still a genie....so either mafia can't find me (very plausible) or I'm not that important.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:27 pm 
aren't you confirmed genie though? nab -> conscript, or perhaps Set A Trapped

you're a hard person to find, let's hope you stay that way :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:28 pm 
ermain wrote:
aren't you confirmed genie though? nab -> conscript, or perhaps Set A Trapped

you're a hard person to find, let's hope you stay that way :P

True, I'm just hard to find then :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:36 pm 
I believe we're getting perilously close to inactives affecting the game. I count 41 people alive and 25 active (the number of people who lynched Alex, which is a good proxy I think).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:43 pm 
i have to agree with ermain. i hate to be /that/ guy, but if we don't have a reasonable person to lynch tonight, i say we decide on some inactive and lynch them. there's no point in having so many inactives, all they do is disguise the mafia. for example, if we get 30 of 40 people's alibis, that leaves 10 people who haven't said anything. these people that don't give alibis are likely the mafia or inactives. i say we start clearing the fog and pick someone who hasn't said anything and lynch them. eventually we'll be left with actives and mafia and it should be clear who is mafia and who is not, compared to all the noise (silence?) of inactives.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:52 pm 
i would also be down for lynching one of aradhana, michikyo (marian), kevinaer (adalid) per the post that aradhana made