Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:05 pm 
Story Time:

Last night I went to Verdes to replenish my oh-my-god-I-can't-do-this-pset chocolate supply. As I was browsing the chocolate aisle, I heard Ellena walk into Verdes and meet Mariam and little Kevin (by the sandwich place).

Mariam to Ellena: "So you're not an active NP right, since Kevin died"
Ellena: Kevin did die.... (she hadn't looked at the Ghost forums yet to my knowledge)
Mariam to Adalid: You you didn't do the thing I told you to do a few days ago but....

and that's all I caught.

But prior to this game Mariam and Adalid did not know each other; they may have exchanged names at the Beast party, but honestly if Adalid wanted someone to go to, he'd have gone to Ellena/Nathan/Kevin/me. Be wary of these people, I'd probably be down to lynch them in the future.

I wanted to post this instantly last night, but anpere told me that he had a plan that he wanted to try out, and Ellena confirmed that some plan was in the works since this morning. So I pm-ed a few people and waited until now, when his plan failed, to publically post.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:15 pm 
ooh, thanks for this. EC is the next hotspot of sketchy activity, there have been suspiciously few deaths there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:27 pm 
just got a claim from Mariam that she has investigative powers/is a proxy, and kevin is her next proxy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:56 pm 
Is anpere's plan something you'd be willing to post publicly now?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:11 pm 
If Mariam is indeed proxy for someone, could we get her to poke her investigator? because Inspector Ade, who kevinaer said he is proxying for, has not made any investigations...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:17 pm 
Boom :) Sherlock finds Marian guilty of the kill. Ara is right. Kevin is also probably scum

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:20 pm 
Also be careful, everybody in EC should be wary of her. She can make kamakaze kills. I'm sorry I posted this so early to town.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:25 pm 
anpere wrote:
Boom :) Sherlock finds Marian guilty of the kill. Ara is right. Kevin is also probably scum

Nice! Which kill are you speaking of?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:26 pm 
Oops nevermind just read the post ok

Frame is possible.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:27 pm 
can we get a tazer to EC?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:28 pm 
Also this doesn't work if anpere is conscripted.

Should we check (smite?) before lynching Mariam? Or should we shovel afterwards? Or should someone else inspect the same thing? etc. idk

Yeah idk what to do here

Wait don't waste a taser unless we're relatively sure this is not either frame or anpere-conscripted.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:31 pm 
Do we want to investigate ampere for this kill? Not sure if this helps clarifying things though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:31 pm 
sammyluo wrote:
Oops nevermind just read the post ok

Frame is possible.

I find this unlikely since the death was posted at 12:05 and Marian was not revealed to be sketchy until 3.

sammyluo wrote:
Also this doesn't work if anpere is conscripted.

If this is true, then investigator sherlock is probably dead. Maybe we should get another investigator confirmation on this?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:33 pm 
Two options. Another person investigates, another investigates marian. Proxies be aware that mafia might give you benevolence and the result will be negative, and it will look like I lied.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:41 pm 
Clousseau will investigate Marian for mads' kill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:49 pm 
Let's also see what michikyo has to say, and possibly check with the NPs she mentioned in her alibi?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:53 pm 
Clousseau finds michikyo guilty for mads's kill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:59 pm 
Ok we can probably stop, but Marian please defend yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:09 pm 
Mariam came by my hall claiming to be an investigator still. Also normally if your proxy doesn't do their job, I take it the usual response is to get suspicious and find another one, not meet the first one in person and scold them.

I can't vouch 100% for anpere, but he seemed legit all the times I've talked to him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:14 pm 
Ok. I don't think the following is true, but I want to point out it's possible that aradhana/anpere made the whole thing up beforehand and framed michikyo in preparation for this. Again, this is unlikely since michikyo admitted to the conversation with kevin, but they could've just been unlucky in being overheard at a misinterpretable stretch of their conversation.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:15 pm 
i'm investigtor Ade

kevin is my proxy, i was asking him why he hadn't been posting my investigation results. i also had asked him previously about this, i let it slide for a couple days because we had obvious kills, and was considering asking ara to be my new proxy but after this happened changed my mind. i was trying not to reveal, but i guess that's not quite an option..

i don't know who made that kill, but investigating me won't do too much since both the killer and i will both show up positive. i dont think there's much point in having me waste my investigation on anpere either since i'm suspect, but i say it's worth a shot for someone else.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:40 pm 
aradhana, what time yesterday did the overhearing happen? when did you tell anpere? do you know what his failed plan was? Are you sure it wasn't killing someone the next day and framing michikyo? It seems quite suspicious now actually, that michikyo happens to turn positive the day after you tell anpere and he tells you to wait for his 'plan'...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:45 pm 
It was around 10:30 in verdes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:49 pm 
In any case, is it the consensus that kevin is still sketchy?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:49 pm 
Here is the plan I had:
Kemus died with mic1, nobody else knew that. Hiji I believe was likely to have gotten it from him. So I asked somebody I could trust and who owns rec1 to pm kevinaer asking for mic1 saying something along the lines of "you are being inactive, can you please give me mic1 so I can give it to somebody useful?". If kevinaer had replied saying he had mic1 we could deduce 1) he was mafia 2) a mafia gave it to him and we could trace it back.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:20 pm 
Wait if kemus died with mic 1, how would hiji have gotten it?

So I'm guessing kevinaer replied "no"? Why would kevinaer think it's reasonable for someone to think he had mic1?

Sorry, this seems somewhat credible but not very... I'd also like to point out that your repeated "it's a wonder Alex didn't conscript me" statements did not help making you less suspicious :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:27 pm 
He might have replied that he had mic 1 and to meet in a sketchy place to trade so that he could make an easy kill?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:28 pm 
I think it may be worth it to shovel marian after we lynch her tonight. If she's bad, then so is kevin probably. If she's good, then andres and ara are bad. Also, if andres is bad, then we know they have used all their conscriptions which is super useful

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:29 pm 
I can confirm that this was indeed Andres' plan even if it doesn't seem like it would definitely work, because he told me about what Ara told him and his plan last night before everything was posted on the forums

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:36 pm 
aradhana, when did anpere tell you to post the thing publicly? Was it before or after mads died?