Post subject: Re: day 8 death 1
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:42 pm 
6.041 recitation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:42 pm 
Miles and I were in class in bldg 56

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:45 pm 
ET Chapter Room. Sarah Pratt has been in and out and we've been talking, but she left for about half an hour sometime in there---might've been then.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:47 pm 
7.012 rec., many nps here and maybe players? I don't know them though

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:49 pm 
I was eating pizza in Stata, EC nps can confirm.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:49 pm 
At my office in Stata all day, I think one NP could confirm though he's been in and out and maybe not paying attention to time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:53 pm 
i was approaching that intersection at about that time. saw ltchin at just about that time. can't give the exact minute but surely within 5 minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:55 pm 
At 6.004 staff meeting in Stata G7, all 6.004 staff can confirm I was there

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:57 pm 
lgunder wrote:
i was approaching that intersection at about that time. saw ltchin at just about that time. can't give the exact minute but surely within 5 minutes.

So this places both you and ltchin at the crime scene?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:58 pm 
Been in 8.022 lecture, dpalumbo and NPs can confirm. Can also confirm that dpalumbo was here.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:58 pm 
Was in barker trying to finish a pset due tomorrow. Still in barker because pset isn't done.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:59 pm 
Was sleeping in Hayden.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:59 pm 
i sadly must admit, it does make me a strong suspect. i feel as if i've proven myself innocent through other actions, but this gives a strong case again both me and ltchin. and also adamberg a little assuming arkadiyf did the hand off before dying.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:01 pm 
actually i do have one saving grace. i got was holding the petitions before i actively chose to hand them off to arkadiyf. if my goal was to destroy them, i could've refused to give them to him as i knew i'd be seeing some et people tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:03 pm 
At the time of the murder, Lisa Ho and I talked to the 6.004 prof about the upcoming test and then walked through the infinite with her and Hao Shen. I wasn't looking at my watch through this time though, but I think it puts me in the infinite at 2:03.

I do confirm that I saw Lane, but I think the timing was after the murder had happened.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:04 pm 
if we take ltchin's timing, then it definitely couldn't have been me, but there is a slight chance it could've been her. its also possible that someone else did it altogether.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:05 pm 
Sitting in my 18.03 rec.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:07 pm 
reading textbook in my room.

left random around 2:40pm to go to a class.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:10 pm 
here's my opinion, let's have investigators investigate me, ltchin, adamberg. see what comes up, then take it from there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:11 pm 
you are all too obvious. I'm sorry but all those will come up innocent. If he was set up, he was likely set up by a mafia to have an unknown player come in and kill him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:16 pm 
I agree with anpere, epseically because it was publicly known that arkaidy had the petitions, making him a prime target for mafia.

lgunder and I talked about timing - it's really unclear. 6.004 ended at 2 (1:55), but I spent time talking to the prof and messing with Hao Shen. lgunder claims he sent an email at 2 PM and left right after.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:17 pm 
just for clarification, i left from Random at just about 2pm, maybe up to 2 minutes later.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:23 pm 
any ideas who arkaidy could have been communicating with?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:30 pm 
I was in quantum computation class (8.370). Too bad Ben skipped the class.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:33 pm 
not sure if i already made this clear enough, so here's it again in a compact form. last night a group of us signed petitions and made new ones. once all of Random that was around had signed them, I took them to my room. Shortly after arkadiyf came to clam's kitchen and talked with me. he had achester's petitions and wanted to see if there were any other Random people to sign them. then he and i talked. i planned to give them to adamberg or some other et person tonight, but arkadiyf said that he'd be psetting with adamberg this afternoon. i'd like adamberg to give her alibi and state whether she had received the petitions before his death.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:35 pm 
lgunder wrote:
here's my opinion, let's have investigators investigate me, ltchin, adamberg. see what comes up, then take it from there.

If anyone's actually going to try this, don't forget to assign Sarah Pratt (mentioned by achester above) a positive probability of being your investigative target.

I definitely think we should investigate the obvious suspects with positive probability, to keep mafia from being safe to use the obvious suspects, though I agree significant probability should be placed on investigating lesser known people without good alibis as well.

On another note, lgunder, if you have time, could you make some new petitions, identical to the ones before, to hand off to ET later today? This time perhaps it'll be better to just message a few people the location of the petitions so we know who to suspect if the handler mysteriously dies. Unfortunately I probably won't have time today to sign anything...

It might even be good to make multiple clones of the same petitions and distribute them via different handlers, known to different people. I'm not sure if we're allowed to merge petitions for the same thing, but this would probably allow more safety, etc.

Also, did achester's petitions also remain with arkadiyf?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:38 pm 
arkadiyf had all the petitions from random and achester. although i could make a petition and bring it with me tonight, it would be easier and better if an et person could make some and bring them tonight. if they can get most of et's signatures, then i'd be willing to take them on or give them to another person who lives on/near campus.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:42 pm 
Unfortunately, having clones of petitions isn't allowed, specifically because it'd be good in cases like this.

Most of ET's players will be at Tech Squares today; we could get ET's signatures there.

I don't know which randomites were running. Lgunder, can you make petitions for whomever you feel like?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:43 pm 
I saw Sarah on BU bridge when I biked back to ET around 2:45pm, so it is very unlikely that she made the kill. (She was running in the direction towards campus)