- vlonge

Josh Frisch (2 votes):
- achester
- adamberg

aradhana (1 vote):
- regirock

Post subject: Re: Day 10 Start
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:04 pm 
*sigh* how is ltchin still not lynched?!

Anyway, Gods: did vlonge have any items to be redistributed? (I'm asking specifically b/c she started with a shovel and never claimed to use it).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:17 pm 
They probably can't answer that, and you probably don't want whoever got the shovel to reveal?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:23 pm 
"When a player dies by lynching or any other manner distinguishable from a murder by the mafia, each of her items is redistributed randomly to a (publicly announced) living player."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:25 pm 
Oh whoops, ok

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:45 pm 
How is ltchin still alive?? She tested positive. Can we have a meeting sometime tomorrow?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:00 pm 
Are Akshay_Ravikumar and libsackt evicted?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:11 pm 
Akshay_Ravikumar and libsackt are evicted.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:33 pm 
Honestly, I also don't understand why Lilly is not lynched yet. And I stand by what I said, a townie amongst 20 other townies remaining will not try that hard to defend themselves. Only desperate mafia will all they can to refute every single accusation and defend themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:36 pm 
qql wrote:
Honestly, I also don't understand why Lilly is not lynched yet. And I stand by what I said, a townie amongst 20 other townies remaining will not try that hard to defend themselves. Only desperate mafia will all they can to refute every single accusation and defend themselves.

guys can we stop using her self defense has a reason for her being mafia.
she knew that was an impossible situation and so it was logical to freak out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:50 pm 
anpere wrote:
qql wrote:

guys can we stop using her self defense has a reason for her being mafia.
she knew that was an impossible situation and so it was logical to freak out.

Fine, but a positive investigation is a pretty damn good reason for her being mafia so the point is pretty moot... I can't believe she's still been alive 3 days honestly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:22 am 
Do you realize that the people we've lynched in the meantime are two confirmed mafia? Would you have kept them alive to get the possibly-mafia-or-possibly-framed ltchin a day earlier? (Incidentally, she hasn't gone on a killing spree.) This argument is so bad it makes me suspect Justin and/or aradhana of being somehow up to no good, although I don't see what they could accomplish.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:38 am 
Wait is vlonge confirmed? from what I read last it seems there's considerable uncertainty in if she actually was the person who tried to kill miles. although the fact that no item redistro was anmounced suggests she destroyed her item, which would be confirmation unless someone can confirm she gave it to them.

But I agree that keeping ltchin alive another day is not that harmful if there are other suspects, though I do think she'll eventually have to go.

btw someone become mayor and count mafia pls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:28 pm 
achester wrote:
Do you realize that the people we've lynched in the meantime are two confirmed mafia? Would you have kept them alive to get the possibly-mafia-or-possibly-framed ltchin a day earlier? (Incidentally, she hasn't gone on a killing spree.) This argument is so bad it makes me suspect Justin and/or aradhana of being somehow up to no good, although I don't see what they could accomplish.

There was zero hard evidence on Kevinaer (only a soft link to Michikyo who has not even been confirmed mafia) and very murky/unclear and at best circumstantial evidence on vlonge.

If anyone's votes are suspect its yours with your God vote on a controversial lynch day...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:29 pm 
Also vlonge was offering to meet up with Miles and confirm that she was the person he saw, but the lynch wagon was so fast to lynch her she didn't get a chance. How was this a better lynch than ltchin again?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:26 pm 
I just noticed vlonge's schedule put her directly near Jeanie's death. If she was rogue, it seems likely she killed Jeanie then illegally tried to kill Miles 2 days later, thinking it had already been 3.

Someone please investigate vlonge->Jeanie.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:47 pm 
aradhana wrote:
Can we have a meeting sometime tomorrow?

This might actually be a good idea, but if we can elect a mayor without doing it might be safer to get the mayoral count done first. Whoever has the petitions, what is going on? PM me if you don't want to post publicly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:04 pm 
Can people speak up if they're running for positions? I want to know if I've signed them. (Or is this not a good idea?)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:22 pm 
achester, just caught up on everything, yeah maybe it was a worthwhile lynch, but for heavens sakes can we please kill ltchin now. She tested positive. I honestly don't know how she managed to survive this long.

I might drop by at Random for bit, before heading to my PE class. Can someone let me in?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:45 pm 
Mods, just to make sure, if vlonge had a shovel before being lynched you would have publicly announced that and announced the recipient, right?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:46 pm 
Sammy: I confirmed that question with Lucy last night. She had no items.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:49 pm 
Unless she gave it away right before her death then (after she said she was going to sleep?), this should mean she was lying.

So probably no need to investigate any more deaths for vlonge.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:50 pm 
Why? I think checking vlonge->Jeanie to 90% confirm that vlonge was a rogue is pretty valuable. There are lots of explanations for that shovel, not least of which is that she gave it to some random person who was either mafia or a townie that died to mafia before using it. DGrazian did suggest that townies transfer items at the start of the game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:55 pm 
But vlonge claimed to have "the last shovel," willing to give it away the next day, fifteen minutes before her death

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:58 pm 
Oh wow I missed that post... I guess that significantly increases the odds of her being mafia but I still think its worth checking vlonge->Jeanie so we can see if she is a rogue as opposed to mafia. This is definitely useful information!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:58 pm 
That means vlonge is almost certain mafia aligned, but I think It's still worth checking.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:03 pm 
I agree that we should check vlonge -> Jeanie to confirm, but from that, how do we tell if she is mafia or rogue? Wouldn't we just get a guilty result either way?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:16 pm 
@Lucy: who is this "mlsteele"? Oh nvm it's Miles. That's tricky.

@ltchin: The idea is that the illegality of the kill is likely due to rogue killing too early. If so, it's very likely that the rogue kill was done two days before the attempt on Miles, i.e. day 8. If vlonge was not a rogue, there's no particular reason to expect her to have made this kill. So we can do a Bayesian update on vlonge's rogue probability after finding out if she killed Jeanie.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:59 pm 
Dick Gumshoe says vlonge killed Jeanie.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:01 pm 
Agreed, we should certainly lynch ltchin today, and she's the most suspicious person we have left. Just pointing out that it was entirely natural for her to survive the last two days, and the mystery would've been if we hadn't lynched either of those other people, not if we hadn't lynched her.