Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I have been poisoned :|
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:29 am 
Hey folks. As a hilariously large number of you know, I am a genie. I will be able to use my power one last chance before I die. The fact that I have been poisoned means I am unilkely to be conscripted. If anyone trusts me enough to reveal to me, I will give you investigative powers on Day 11.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:40 am 
So mafia used at least two poisons in one day... is this a sign that the end is near? Also, speculations on why we were the two chosen to be poisoned?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:18 pm 
Sammy, I think your poisioning makes sense given those shenanigans you were trying to pull. dpalumbo has been not very active on the forums afaik but active in discussions, so that makes sense. also he was on the list of trusted people Sarah posted and as he stated in his OP he is a genie (and probs mafia knew this)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:29 pm 
ok, in this case he should say the list of people who knows he is a genie unless they're part of a secret network.
But then again if mafia knew I don't see why they would poison rather than set a tarp.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:58 pm 
Maybe they're out of set a traps? That would be great :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:08 pm 
I'd imagine they'd be more careful with their tarps than that, to ensure retrieval... I didn't even give Alex false role info to avoid tipping him off on the plot.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:50 pm 
People that I have genied in the past (and thus above-averagely trust):
adamberg
Sarah Pratt (RIP)
qql
Justin

Note, however, that I was poisoned after genie-ing Justin. It's possible that Justin is mafia-aligned, and after finding a genie, convinced mafia to poison me (on the assumption that poisoning would be less suspicious than a set a trap). However, by this logic, they should have poisoned qql a long time ago, which suggests that either Justin and qql are innocent, or Justin is mafia-aligned and qql got conscripted.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:56 pm 
Mads did warn us that me or qql were conscripted.
And I was suspicious of Justin ever since he provoked
Lisa into revealing the location of the petition, and get kemus killed.
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Lisa, Justin and qql were all scum.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:05 pm 
Also not a fan of Justin for obvious reasons, but I recognize I'm a sketchy mofo :P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:08 pm 
Wtf I never provoked anyone to reveal anything about the new petitions. I was poking Randomites to find the old petitions (which still never turned up).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:17 pm 
anpere: wat? waaat?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:22 pm 
kemus died with the old petitions making us make the new batch that lgunder and arkadiyf had

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:25 pm 
had he not died, kemus and I would have been PO and mayor and be whipping some mafia butt right now.
I think mafia were at random and realized shit was going to go down and so schemed up a way to get kemus killed.
There is no such thing as coincidences in mafia, I think you (Justin) set up kemus to get killed by Alex.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:44 pm 
anpere wrote:
There is no such thing as coincidences in mafia

I'd be careful with making that statement, considering what happened with michikyo coming up guilty for a kill that happened between the overhearing and its reveal ;) (and also a lot of stuff that's happened with ltchin)

I think it'd be good for us not to accuse people of specific schemes too quickly. This sets us up to huge confirmation bias, as I've learned the hard way.

What is happening with the petitions, by the way? Any news? We need to keep track of these better...