Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:06 am 
So as you all probably know, I was poisoned and I'm set to die at the end of today. Therefore, there are some things I want to take care of.

1) I claim Cynic. I am invincible today, so mafia/rogues please set a trap and come try to kill me. :D
I want exactly one genie to grant me a wish before I die. So, at some time during the day you should PM me saying you're a genie with a free wish to give, and I'll tell you if you're the one I pick.

Ideally another genie should grant dpalumbo a wish before dying as well.

2) Since petitions have once again been shredded, I would like to see if it's possible to get more made in time for me to become mayor, count the mafia, and then die. This is completely risk-free since I am invulnerable today. Of course, if other people want to be mayor, that works too; in any case, I can volunteer to be an invulnerable petition-carrier for many parts of the day.

So I propose this: Someone start a petition in ET. Bring it to campus during the day, and have someone give it to me, maybe in 18.701, after passing around? I can then bring it to Random, Simmons, EC later in the day.

3) Of course, we could also obviate much of this by having a Meeting at Random at a set time tonight. Who's up for this?

In any case though many petitions should be started and passed around ASAP, whether or not we end up having a meeting.

Feel free to offer better suggestions as well as what else I can do with my invulnerable last day.

EDIT: Oh I guess dpalumbo could just be the one to give me a wish. That would work out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:28 am 
I approve of this plan. I can probably come by random later today. I might be psetting at the same time though. What time?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:07 am 
Why would wishing either of us be better than wishing someone else we trust? We only get to investigate once :(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:50 am 
Because trusting people isn't always reliable. Unless they're an innocent child, but it's otherwise a toss up based mostly on psychology etc.

On the other hand, if someone reveals their role to a dying person, and that dying person refers them to a genie, then any of the following could happen:
- Both tell the truth: yay investigations. We can't necessarily trust them though, because it looks just like they're both lying.
- Genie lies: person-to-be-genied gets set-a-trapped on, but we know who a mafia is
- Person-to-be-Genied lies: Genie gets set-a-trapped on, but we also know another mafia is. On the other hand, they spread misinformation for a time.
- Both lie: This looks just like both telling the truth, but no other roles are revealed.

A 1:1 town-mafia death ratio is usually worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:20 am 
I might as well genie someone who I trust that isn't dying. Even if they are mafia, big deal, they know the role of SOMEONE WHO IS DYING AND PUBLICLY REVEALED.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:48 am 
Remember that genie investigations go away when the genie dies.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:38 am 
also genie only allows the person one investigation I'm pretty sure?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:20 pm 
btw I'm at maseeh dining now so if anyone hasn't signed petitions and wants to (they're close to done!) tell me when and where if it's close and soonish.

I'm thinking of going to simmons later today; in particular I have a frisbee team dinner there at like 6:30 so simmons people can wait for me then to sign?

What time for random meeting works well?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:44 pm 
I'm up for 5pm. How about everybody else?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:57 pm 
Er so I have a phone interview at 4:30 that likely won't end by 5. Can we do a bit later? 5:30 would probably work for me.

btw I'm about 3 signatures short on the ones with most signatures; people should post when/where they can sign, preferably at the Random meeting when we have it, but other places could be ok too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:45 pm 
LOL so it turns out my interview is next Friday. I'm pretty silly.

So I'd be fine with a random meeting anytime in the near future, save that I have frisbee dinner at Simmons at 6:30.

As soon as possible (i.e. after I confirm someone is there ready to let me in) I'll head over to one of the eastern dorms to get more signatures.