Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Running commentary
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:50 pm 
Santiago really DOESN'T want to go desperado. His death would make mafia waste a kaboom, and literally the entire town would be immune to kills. Desperadoes can last until game end, the conspiracy theorist puts all the mafia on her list, and superhero Shi-ke uses the invulnerable charge he hasn't used so far. And mafia will have already poisoned Miles.

Also, town can afford to lynch Kemus, assuming they impeach Lily ASAP tomorrow. Santiago, Jessk, and Miles will be a bitch to kill if Kemus is dead. Even assuming mafia kill Shi-ke and jrowan, Toller and the ECers would be enough to impeach Lily.

I REALLY hope Shi-ke doesn't get himself evicted.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:21 pm 
Okay, it looks like mafia will try to get Kemus lynched. This might work for town. There would be 10 people alive tomorrow, and once mafia kills someone/Shi-ke gets impeached, town only needs 5 signatures to get Lily impeached (and Jessk elected, in the meantime). Santiago, Jessk, Miles, Toller, Lisa, and James Rowan are all active enough to do it. If Jessk gets elected, and there's no Kemus alive to be able to kill her, then town can win the lynches on the next few days. Actually, even her not being elected would work with kaboom-wasting/EC-ers hiding.

Tonight: Kemus lynched, Alicia dies, Shi-ke gets evicted. There are 6 townies and 3 mafia.
Tomorrow: Mafia can probably kill James Rowan before a petition can be finished, but the other 5 will be harder, and they'll be enough. Even if mafia manage to also kill, say, Toller, town can get Lily impeached. Assuming that scenario, the 4-3 vote gets Lily/Isaac lynched.
The next day: 4 townies, 2 mafia. Mafia can probably kill "Lisa", since her stand-in wouldn't bother hiding, but the 3 EC-ers will be much harder. If those three survive the day, they get a 3-2 lynch on Lily/Isaac. Let's say Miles dies by poison.
The day after that: 2 townies, 1 mafia. Really trusting the EC-ers ability to hide out. It's not like they have classes though, so I think surviving until the lynch is quite reasonable. Mafia also might have wasted a kaboom by then, which would make Santiago and Jessk invulnerable.

If Jessk/another EC-er gets elected and stays so, well, then town just wins.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:15 pm 
One thing I'm a bit confused about: why does the mafia care so much Kemus being lynched instead of Lily? Do they think that Lily will be able to squirm out of being lynched tomorrow? I don't think her being mayor matters because she can just be impeached.

Likewise, why does town care about lynching lily instead of Kemus?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:26 pm 
I think people are forgetting about impeachment... anyway, Kemus is actually a better mafia to have dead than Lily, because his death makes it hard to kill EC people. Meanwhile, Randomites can easily die from Isaac or Lily.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:31 pm 
I mean I think I'd rather have Kemus alive if I were mafia, because he can kill ec (though this might be what you're saying.)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:38 pm 
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Better, as in better from my (town's) perspective.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:56 pm 
It would be really funny if <= 6 townies voted, and mafia just screws themselves over by voting for Kemus.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:09 pm 
Fuck yeah Shi-ke!

Jumping into activity at just the right time! And good on town for all banding together to lynch Lily!

And now svolz is pretty much publicly mafia. There's no doubt with that vote.

Town might be able to win this.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:12 pm 
And fuck yes Santiago not going desperado! Aw man, I am so proud of the remaining townies. This was a game I thought mafia had in the bag, but town managed an amazing comeback. Just... wow.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:50 pm 
This has been such an awesome game to watch. I'm so impressed by Drosophyllum and Lzahray yesterday, and also KSedlar and Ellena before they died. Great play by the mafia for the first 4 days, great play by the town in the near-endgame.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:09 pm 
dat photo that kemus posted nearly killed me again it was so great

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:22 pm 
My mafia bucket list:

Have a mafia in EC [check]
Have Kevin be mafia, but not me [check]
Have me be mafia but not Kevin []
Have Santi be mafia []
Have both Kevin and I be mafia []

I sincerely hope to one day finish off this checklist of exploring my/my friends' potential for manipulation and lying.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:30 pm 
I'm glad you enjoyed the massive pile of betrayals, Ellena. It gives me hope that the rest of the people involved will stabilize and let us enjoy their brilliance in the summer game.

My bucket list:
Be mafia, kill ksedlar [check]
Be town and get killed by ksedlar [check]
Be mafia with ksedlar []
Have multiple pikans play mafia and kill each other []

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:53 pm 
My bucket list:

be mafia [✓]
get away with a kill [✓] (kind of, I guess, since I made a bunch of kills this game that I was never hard-investigated for)
be mafia with dgrazian [_]
be god [_] (calling dibs on next fall game!! :D)

This game was definitely the most intensely I've ever gotten emotionally invested in a roleplaying game. I was a total mess for most of today. I'm all good now, but I know that a lot of players have been really stressed out by this game. Always always always, your sanity comes first. Please take care of yourselves. <3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:38 am 
Lily, you can sort of check off the third box. It was only for like half a day, but you can't ignore the rogue-killing conscripted superhero IAP game!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:44 am 
Haha, sure. I meant me and dgrazian both being natural-born mafia. =P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:45 am 
Oh man, and add "successfully misleading Santiago" to that list.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:00 am 
Oh, I forgot an important one!

Become deities with Kevin [dibs on next IAP?]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:14 am 
Had already claimed dibs on fall game. :P, am happy to Co-god with whomever though. (Because holy fuck the game will likely be large as it's a fall game)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:21 am 
Josh Frisch wrote:
Had already claimed dibs on fall game. :P, am happy to Co-god with whomever though. (Because holy fuck the game will likely be large as it's a fall game)

Cool, let's co-god!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:59 pm 
Has anyone called god for summer game? Because I've been thinking about doing it. Co-godding with someone more experienced/more knowledgeable about the forum would be nice.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:41 pm 
I've been thinking about godding the summer game. I'd be happy to co-god it with you Miranda. :D