Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:52 pm 
The game begins at midnight! Let the killing and getting killed begin! Discuss.

To vote, send me a Private message. Make the subject line "Day 1: "Vote for [person]" or "Day 1: Vote change from [person] to [person]." You can change your vote any time before midnight. The option to vote No-Lynch exists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:16 am 
The Goings-On of Random Hall:

Bobby is sleeping.
People are hanging in BMF Lounge.
I am wearing a black T-shirt and blue jeans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:43 am 
Goooood morning everyone :D
Things are quiet in Next House.

As it is a weekend though, I expect things will get more lively soon. Feel free to email/AIM me if you want to meet up sometime in a group and chat about the game. Anyone happen to know anything yet, by sheer chance?

In the meantime, we can continue the discussion about Medkit strategy. From past games, it's always the best strategy to never pass (or even say) anything directly to individuals until significant bonds of trust have been formed. Right now we all can't trust anyone because anyone could be Mafia - no one really has concrete details. Until then, the Medkit should stay with Kaima, and once we have enough people we can near-100% trust on our side, we can arrange a way to pass the Medkit to the Mad Scientist/Mayor/whoever else may need it.

Also, walk places in groups, preferably with the people that you are closest with - it's probably highly unlikely that all three of your close friends also happen to be Mafia, so in the case of any sneak attacks, we can be protected or at least gain some information. By the way, I plan on going out tonight for dinner in Hvd Square, let me know if you wanna come along and strategize :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:33 pm 
Hey guys, I'm collecting signatures for mayorship today, and I'll be in the System Shock game until around 4:30. Since I'm helping be a medic for the players in the Assassin's guild game, I won't be carrying my notebook for signatures during that time. If you want to sign it, come to 34-3 around 4:30, because after then, I'm going off-campus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:24 pm 
Yes perhaps if we could get a few more people it would be a good idea to meet up in person. Anyone else apart from Vivian want to meet up?

I guess no-one can prove that they have special powers, so the MedKit is perhaps best left where it is. On the other hand, the MedKit is useless as long as the Mafia know where it is.

At this point when we don't know who to trust, I don't see any point in having a Mayor - if the Mayor is a Mafia, then the Mafia will almost definitely be able to lynch a towns-person with the added power (if they have 6 votes and they use them all on the same person). Even if the elected Mayor isn't Mafia, since at this point things are very sketchy and we don't have much to go on, the Mayor in all likelihood will vote to lynch a townsperson, so that wouldn't be helpful either.

Last edited by Vinoth on Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:35 pm 
Does anyone know if there are others currently campaigning for mayor besides JB Parkes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:56 pm 
Does anyone have any suggestions for who should be lynched today?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:43 pm 
Well we don't *have* to lynch anyone. You can always vote no-lynch until we have more information. Personally, I'd like to avoid lynching a townsperson and increasing our mafia:townsperson ratio!

Post subject: Meet at Baker?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:12 pm 
Hi everybody,

I'll be eating dinner at Baker Dining tonight. I'll be there at 5:30 p.m. I'm wearing a Splash 2010 t-shirt and I'll be sitting close to the cash-register.

I'm hoping to meet some non-randomites there. I'd like to get to know as much of game as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:38 pm 
we don't HAVE to elect a mayor right?

Agreeing with Vinoth, what the mafia is hoping for is the lynching of as many innocent townspeople as possible to make their lives ezier, and w/out any established trust or insightful knowledge at this point, the best strategy is prob. to hold on the election of a mayor till later

@Dan: as much as i want to join u for dinner, i literally just finished lunch (ate hotpot for 3 hrs lol i'm being very productive w/ my life), i'll hope to join u some other day, keep me posted w/ infos u find tho =)

Last edited by JingJian-JJ on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:39 pm 
I admit lynching someone at this point is risky business. Certainly No-lynch is a far better option than not voting, so if you can't decide please vote No-lynch. Otherwise, you're just asking the mafia to vote a townsperson to death. On the otherhand, trying to organize a No-Lynch means that the mafia get another day scot-free. The only thing the mafia have to fear is the hangman's noose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:57 pm 
Yes, no lynch would mean the probability of eliminating a mafia is zero, but it also means the probability of helping the mafia to eliminate a townsperson is zero. And with a mafia/townsperson ratio of 4:24, its pretty ez to see which outcome is more likely when we lynch someone with the amount of knowledge we have now.

just saying, when I was mafia last yr, i was darn happy to see townspeople getting lynched during the first few days of the game lol - unless pretty convincing evidence is found, anyone for lynching random townsperson is working towards the mafia's favor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:53 pm 
Completely agreed with JJ. We have exactly zero evidence of anything thus far (esp. since there have been no announcements today). I will be voting no-lynch. Hopefully everyone else does the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:03 pm 
Total agreement with the no lynch idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:03 pm 
Total agreement with the no lynch idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:04 pm 
Don't know why it posted my reply twice. Go figure. -_-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:19 pm 
Announcement: Laura is murdered in the Random Hall BMF kitchen at 6:49 PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:28 pm 
Laura is dead. Long live Laura.

Post subject: Whoa
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:30 pm 
You would think that happening in BMF kitchen would be fairly conspicuous...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:34 pm 
This means the mafia probably has the search warrant, unless Laura handed it off before she died.

@Brogan: Bmf kitchen is actually fairly empty a lot of the time. You'd be surprised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:51 pm 
That's the problem with it happening in BMF kitchen; it could have been lots of people. Since the search warrant is probably in the mafia's hands, I'd recommend not touting whether you have items from this point forward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:07 pm 
Agreed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:18 pm 
Ideally, all the items had *already* been shuffled around silently; it is possible that the mafia does not have the search warrant after all, but only the two people that did the trade, along with the mafia (if they did not get the item), would know that.

On a different note, the location makes it unclear who performed this particular kill, but someone had to. It was probably one of the people that lives (or pseudo-lives) here. This narrows down our possible choices a bit, so do we want to venture any guesses or stick with the non-lynching? I would recommend the former out of habit from playing regular mafia, but perhaps the people that have played LAM several times already can give some insight on what to do now. It seems like the townspeople have won all but one of the games in the past, after all.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:22 pm 
I am adding all non-Randomites in the game to my guest list for the next 15 days (just tell the desk worker you're on Daniel Grazian's guest list.)

Inspectors: Make sure you fully and completely understand the investigation mechanic. If you do not live in Random, get over here tonight! The kill occurred in BMF kitchen. Desk worker can tell you where this is, if you don't know.

Also, please, please, please, if you are a non-Randomite and have a little bit of time tonight, come over to Random briefly. That way, there is no way that the mafia will be able to tell who is here for investigation purposes. (Because we do NOT want any investigators killed this early!)

Inspector ability does not get accumulated; if you don't use it on a particular day your investigation ability for that day is lost.

Most probably, a Randomite killed Laura. So inspect people on the following list:
alexwest
AmiGreene
Bobby Fortanely
Brian Iglesias
Brogan
Daniel Grazian
Elizabeth Krueger
Fluffy
JB Parkes
kaima
Kate O'Connor
Lydia Krasilnikova
mats_a
mika

[/i]

Post subject: Mafia tonight in Foo!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:28 pm 
Because:
a) I'd like people playing this game to meet each other
b) This will provide an easy excuse for the inspectors to come to Random tonight
c) Mafia is fun!

I will be running regular mafia tonight in Foo lounge at 10:00. When you enter Random, Foo is the door on your right. Ask desk worker if necessary.

Please come if you can!

-Daniel Grazian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:34 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
I will be running regular mafia tonight in Foo lounge at 10:00. When you enter Random, Foo is the door on your right. Ask desk worker if necessary.

If this goes past midnight, non-randomites leaving will especially be in danger unless they all go at once. It will also make people readily available for voting if new information comes out in the middle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:35 pm 
Make people less* readily available for voting.

This forum needs an edit button. Does this type of forum not offer one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:40 pm 
JB Parkes wrote:
That's the problem with it happening in BMF kitchen; it could have been lots of people. Since the search warrant is probably in the mafia's hands, I'd recommend not touting whether you have items from this point forward.

The rules require you to always carry your items with you. That way whenever you have an item, there's a risk of it being taken by search warrant or murder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:47 pm 
In response to the list of Randomites posted, I just want to say that I've been (and still am) on a train back to Boston, so it is physically impossible that I killed her.

Anyone in an accusatory mood will probably point out that I'm trying to deflect attention from myself and therefore I'm obviously mafia, etc etc. However, I just don't want to be in the running for who-do-we-blame-for-killing-Laura.

You can choose whether to believe me or not when I say this, but I'm not in the Mafia. I just wanted to give an accurate account of events so that we can sooner figure out who actually killed her.

Also, Brogan was on the train with me, further narrowing the probable suspects list for Laura's murder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:51 pm 
fluffy wrote:
Make people less* readily available for voting.

This forum needs an edit button. Does this type of forum not offer one?

It does, but I disabled it, as well as deleting posts. Everything stays on record. Think what you say and use the preview feature. :-)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next