Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:07 pm 
EVERYONE SHOULD POST AN INTRODUCTION! Failure to post a good introduction may result in delays in getting your role, and possibly even eviction from game. Although you are free to post fun facts about yourself, the main purpose of introductions is to help mafia kill you. This is especially important in summer games, when you can't be conveniently killed between classes. We don't want mafia to have to camp out for 3 hours to make a kill.

Minimum Requirements of a Good Introduction:
1. Your name, living group, and room number.
2. A recent photo of yourself.
3. The times/places of any scheduled activities you have during the course of game (this means UROPs, jobs, extracurriculars, etc). If you're not sure of these in advance, consider updating in this thread when you have a better idea of your schedule.
4. General locations where you'll likely be hanging out.
5. If you don't live in EC or ET (AKA you live in MacGregor, tEp, or 407 Washington Street), you should post the contact information of a non-player who would be willing to let a mafia into kill you (it is against the rules to try and get information about who mafia are from this NP).
Basically, your introduction should allow for a player who has never met you to reasonably be able to find and kill you.

Example of a bad introduction:
"Hi, I'm Katie. I'm living at ET this summer and I have a Course 6 UROP."

Example of a good introduction:
"Hi, I'm Katie. This summer, I'm living at ET in Right Front (it's the room with all the namebadges on the door). I'm doing a Course 6 UROP located in 32-G707. On weekdays, I'm generally at ET from 7:30-8:20, walking to campus from 8:20-9:00, at my UROP from 9-5, hanging out/napping in the Margaret Cheney room (although I'll sometimes be elsewhere) from 5-6:30, saferiding back from 6:30-6:45, and hanging out at ET from then on. At ET, I can generally be found in chapter room (the first floor room with the sliding doors) or the kitchen area.

Here is a picture of me: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
I'm the one who isn't a cat."

If you are uncomfortable posting an introduction publicly on forums, you may pm your introduction to the gms (myself and Anpere), and we will pm it to the mafia. If there is a time during game where, for out of game reasons, you would very much not like to be killed, you may also post that here, and mafia who disrespect that request will be punished. Please limit this though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:26 pm 
Alright here goes:

Name: Aradhana Sinha
Living Group: Beast, East Campus
Room No: G204

Photo: the facebook profile picture: https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 122f6f6bdf

On a typical weekday I may be at the McGovern building, typically somewhere public on the 3rd, 5th, or 6th floors. I may be on hall (2E in East Campus) usually in a lounge or in my room (blue door G204). I may also be at the SEVT shop in N52. I don't have regular work hours for any of these locations, but generally I go to SEVT in the mornings and late at night. During the day I can be found in the McGovern.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:29 pm 
Also, if you kill me at the McGovern, expect to spend another 30 minutes with me doing Speech Recordings (I need these for my UROP). Monetary compensation also provided.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:30 pm 
I'm Lily Chen (not to be confused with Lilly Chin, who isn't playing this game). I live in ET's Middle Front with Daniel Grazian (also playing this game). When I'm at ET I'm generally in Middle Front or Chapter Room.

I work at Merck (33 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115) on weekdays from 9-ish to 5-ish. I work in a lab on the 2nd floor which I'll be very, very impressed if you manage to get to. The atrium of the building is public access, but you need an employee badge or a visitor's pass to get upstairs. I scooter to and from work roughly like so: http://i.imgur.com/a9kXw8A.png

Here's a photo of me: https://media.licdn.com/media/p/2/005/0 ... fa25f0.jpg (I'm the one who isn't a roof in the background.)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:38 pm 
I'm Samuel Duchovni. I'm living in EC G314 (northwest corner of Tetazoo) until Thursday, and Next 542 (2 doors down from the Five East wing lounge) from Thursday onward. I have a UROP in 32-G735 (exit the elevators, then make three left turns into the room with all the cubicles), which I'll try to be at from 9-ish to 5-ish most weekdays with a short lunch break in the Stata cafe around 1pm.

Schedule:
Next Tuesday: I'll be moving stuff during the day, and hanging out in my EC room or one of the Tetazoo lounges in the evening (let's say ~8pm onward?)
Wednesday: Same, but I'll be at the CSAIL chocolate tasting in 32-275 from 4 to 5pm.
Thursday: Finishing up moving in the morning, probably hanging out in my Next room or the Five East lounge in the afternoon and evening.
Friday: UROP, but from 1 to ~4pm I'll be meeting with my language exchange partner in the Stata cafe, and in the evening I'll be at Tetazoo running an anime screening in WaLounge from 8 pm to stupid late.

Subsequent weekends: Probably in Next Five East.
Subsequent weekdays: UROP; on Wednesdays, I've got language exchange from 1 to ~4 and chocolate tasting from 4 to 5.

Artist's conception: http://web.mit.edu/~dukhovni/www/samuel.jpg (I'm the one who isn't a bike rack)

I'm working on finding someone to let people into Next; I'll post an update when I've got someone.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:26 pm 
I'm Marcus Boorstin. I'm living in Macgregor H425 until early next week, when I'm moving to Macgregor H417. When I'm at Macgregor (after 7 pm on weekdays and variable on weekends) I'm usually hanging out in the suite lounges of H41, G42, G32, or H22. I'll give the contact info of someone willing to let mafioso in to the GM's (I don't want to put her number on a public forum) - if the locations above mean nothing to you, ask her where they are.

I'm UROPing at the Media Lab in room E14-548K: go into the new Media Lab, take the elevator up the 5th floor, make two lefts, and go into the door to the right of the kitchen area (it's a big open lab area with a bunch of lamps and other gadgets visible through the glass). I sit at a desk that'll be on your right as you walk in. I usually arrive around 10:30 and leave around 6:30, with lunch around 2:00 from places in Kendall square. The whole building is open during the day, but after hours (I think 6?) my lab door is card-access only, as are the elevators (but you can just take the stairs next to them). I usually walk along Memorial Drive if the weather is nice, otherwise I take the Infinite or Tech Shuttle.

Photo: https://esp.mit.edu/media/uploaded/bio_ ... 7503_n.jpg

Next weekend (Friday - Sunday) a high school friend is visiting me, so we'll probably be doing things in Boston, and after that I'll be helping out with Macgregor rush.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:20 pm 
I am the mafia godfather. I'm not actually on campus. My goal is to give advice, particularly to the mafia. Anyone is free to run their secret plots past me, though.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:46 pm 
Hi, I'm Elaine Kung. I live in EC on Beast (2E) in room Wa214. Theoretically I should be moving down hall to G214 by Thursday but this may or may not actually happen. During the week, I UROP in 48-324 from about noon-8pm. During the evenings and weekends I'm usually hanging out somewhere on Beast, most often in a lounge, the kitchen, or in my room. I work EC desk from 11am-2pm on Saturdays and Sundays.

Photo of me: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:15 pm 
Hi, I'm Sarah Hensley, also known as shensley. I'm living in room 21 at tEp (Tau Epsilon Phi). On weekdays, I work 9-5 in NW22-111, which is card-access locked. I don't have a bike, so I walk between tEp and NW22, which takes 20-30 minutes. I generally eat lunch sometime between 12 and 2 on the fourth floor of lobby 7.

On Mondays, I cook dinner as part of a cooking co-op at tEp from 5:22 to 7:22. Cooking for 15+ people in two hours is rather busy, so I won't be doing any game actions or checking forums during that time. I'd prefer not to be killed during that time, though I suppose if it's ~absolutely necessary~ it can be done. I also clean on Mondays from the end of dinner (around 7:50) to when the kitchen is clean (around 9), during which I also won't be doing anything game related; it's more reasonable to kill me then than cooking, but I'd still prefer waiting to be killed later in the evening. :mrgreen:

I usually hang around tEp if I'm not at work and on the weekends.

On Thursdays, I have marching band from 7 to 8, somewhere around the student center. I stay on campus instead of going to tEp in between 5 and 7 Thursdays.

Here's a photo of me: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 7787_n.jpg
I'm the one that isn't the city of Boston.

Info on how to get into tEp will be available once I get that sorted out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:51 pm 
Hullo! I'm Ellena, I'm living on Beast (EC 2E) B201 (though you're more likely to find me in Kevin's room, G211).

I have... let's see...
UROP in media lab 4th floor, synthetic neurobio group. I'm usually there every day 11-6
Mon: 6-undetermined time I'm going to be at MTG bonus set build
Tue: I might go climbing? More likely I'll sit around being lazy in Kevin's room. Possibly madrigals in building 4 from 9:30-11.
Wed: I might go bellringing? See above.
Thu: Dance from 7/7:30-9/9:30. It's in building 24, either 1st or 3rd floor. Possibly madrigals afterwords in building 4.
Fri: Probably going climbing in Metrorock from 6:30~11
Sat: Build 11~4pm

And I'm on a plane on Sunday, so if the game lasts that long, you should kill me off before then.

This is my appearance: http://37.media.tumblr.com/42471fd3c44d ... o1_500.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:59 am 
Hi! I'm Lucy. I'm living at ET in Right Front, next door neighbors with lilychen and Daniel Grazian.

Tuesday: I'll be heading to campus for Tech Squares, which runs from 8pm to 10:30pm in w20-407. I'll be on the 6:44pm or 7:44pm BostonAll Saferide, getting to the student center at 7:00pm or 8pm, not sure which. I'll hopefully catch the 10:30 Saferide back to ET, but more realistically wait for the 11:30 one or walk back along this route.
http://i.imgur.com/MXSqMJi.png

Thursday: I'll (probably) be heading to campus for more square dancing, from 8pm to 10pm in 5-234 or 5-233. I'll again be on either the 6:44pm or 7:44pm BostonAll Saferide, getting to the student center at 7:00pm or 8pm, not sure which. I'll be heading back on the 10:30pm Saferide.

Any downtime I have on campus, before or after squares will probably be spent in the LCC located in the basement of w20 or at the Saferide turnaround.

If you kill me during Squares, make sure to do it when I'm not dancing or in a way that won't disrupt the other 7 people in my square. Please be respectful to the other 7 dancers in my square, the other dancers in the room, and the caller.

Most other times I'll probably be at ET, either in Right Front or Front Rooms.

Here's a picture of me: http://i.imgur.com/2JJe8To.jpg
I'm the one with blue hair (though nowadays its more of a faded green)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:09 am 
I'd also like to encourage ppl to publicly post their introductions rather than having them pm'ed to the Mafia. It's beneficial for town to know if Mafia managed to get a kill in based on someone's introduction, or if they had to get the info of where the victim would be in some other way. It also helps to see if a kill is likely to have been MtP based on where the victim said they would be.

Finally I don't think I know everyone in game, and it'd be nice to match usernames to a face, even if I'm not trying to kill you (but especially if I'm trying to run from you).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:47 am 
Your name: Sarah
Living group: ET
Room number: Icebox, the one at the top of the back staircase, on the way to the dorm

A recent photo of me: Image

The times/places of any scheduled activities you have during the course of game: I will be updating this shortly, but for now I plan to spend a lot of time at ET in Icebox or front rooms, occasionally going to one of the MIT libraries to work, also spending several afternoons in the Media Lab. Right now things are not very structured. I will post updates once I know more.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:27 am 
I'm Charles Franklin. I'm currently living at ET in the room Big Back. I will probably be moving to an apartment soon (I'll post the location upon moving). I work for the MIT Space Systems Laboratory in building 37 on the third floor (I don't know the room number, but it's through a set of double doors next the the elevator). I hang out at ET, building 46, and sometimes the 6.004 lab (not that frequently). I bike to and from work. I'm usually at work by 9:00am and leave at 5:00pm.

https://www.facebook.com/charles.j.franklin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:37 am 
Charles: It looks like your Facebook profile can't be viewed without logging into Facebook. [insert RMS-style rant here] Other people's Facebook photos are viewable, so I'm not sure whether it's an issue with privacy settings, or you just need to link directly to a photo...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:59 am 
Hi, I'm Krue! I live at 407 Washington street (like 2 blocks from Central), with pweaver, cereslee, tboning, and a couple other people. I haven't asked yet if any of them will be my NP contact, but I'll let you know when I figure that out.

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/10333332_731357230239191_4480070910964936592_o.jpg
I'm the one on the left with the topological map of breakfast shirt.

I will be at the SAA clay studio cleanup on Tuesday August 12 from 5-7pm. I am likely to be out near Porter (11 Allen Street) fairly frequently, since I'm in the process of moving there. I don't yet have a mattress, though, so I'm still living at 407 Washington. I will ask my housemates there if any of them want to be a mafia contact. I also visit 85 Wendell Street (15 minute walk from Porter) on Tuesday evenings and from around noon until very late on Saturdays. The people living in the house have negative feelings towards Live Action Mafia, so you're not likely to get a friendly contact there, but if you manage to catch me on the way there, good on you. I haven't really been frequenting campus as much since I graduated. Sorry about that. :(

I tend to hang out at 407 Washington Street, although I've been existing at 11 Allen Street as well since we're working on making the place liveable.

The three names listed above are the usernames of people living with me at 407 Washington Street. I haven't gotten explicit permission from them yet, but cereslee has definitely enjoyed working with the mafia as an NP in previous games. As mentioned, I'll let you know when I get confirmation that they're okay with being mafia contacts.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:45 pm 
Marian. Live in EC G402.
9-5 job near downtown crossing.
Tonight I'll be back at ec shortly before 10.

Tomorrow I'll be in w31 from 6-9:30

I'll be in kresgelittle theater wed/Thursday 7-10 and most of Sunday.

Otherwise I'll be floating around 4E, maybe 5e or beast.

idevices suck and have typos and make it hard for me to post a picture of myself, but I'm a short black female with an eyebrow piercing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:22 pm 
I am Santiago.
I'm living in EC on beast. g214.
To kill me, all you have to do is find me in the mcgovern institute. I'm never in a fixed location, or at my desk, so that information would be useless to the mafia. I am there all week. Everyday, most of my waking life.

I̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶a̶l̶k̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶c̶h̶.̶ ̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶i̶o̶u̶s̶.̶ ̶

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 4679_o.jpg[/img]

I am the brother of god. Fear me?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:26 pm 
update on my intro:

Wednesday, the 13th. 1pm.
Stata 32-D461

A friend's giving a talk on his dissertation.

I'll be walking to campus along the previously provided route. Not sure if heading over around noon or walking to campus with Katie at 8:20am in which case I'll probably hang around the LCC until 1. I might also visit the Margaret Cheney Room if I want to take a nap.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:53 pm 
Hi, I'm Daniel. I'm class of 2013, and I majored in 18c. For the summer, I am living at ET in Middle Front (small room on the second floor.) I work at Oracle (1 Main Street, Cambridge, 7th floor.) If you manage to kill me up there, I will be very impressed.

My typical work schedule is to arrive at work at:

- Between 8:30 and 10 on Mondays Wednesdays, Thursdays
- 8 on Tuesdays and Fridays.

I typically leave ET for work an hour before work starts. I typically take the Tech Shuttle from W98 to Kendall.

I usually leave work about 8 hours after I arrive, though that can vary substantially. I variously take the tech shuttle from Kendall to W98, the saferide from the student center to ET, and the T from Kendall to St Paul Street.

If you need more information on where to kill me, please ask me.

After work, I am usually hanging out at ET, often with Lily Chen, my girlfriend.

Here's a photo of myself. I'm the one who's neither Lily Chen nor an inanimate object.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151653612063621&set=t.1345347826&type=3&theater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:38 pm 
Hey, I'm Volz!

I live in EC, on 5west, room H509. I am the one in the front, in purple, without glasses, with money: https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 4248_n.jpg
Also, I commonly ride a scooter to get to places.

I have a UROP at the Broad Institute, and I can be found there on weekdays from about 9 or 10 to 6 or 7 ish, sometimes later.

When not at work, I can most commonly be found in and around my room, or the kitchen, or a nearby lounge.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:46 am 
Name: Alex Smith
Residence: EC Wa506 (river/media lab-side corner room on Fifth East; door has a white line)

I'm working 9-5 in NE47 (although my hours are a bit squishy); I'm usually in either the first floor conference room, the second floor conference room, or the third floor lab. I spend most of my time in roughly a linear combination of NE47 and EC.

There are several photos of me at this link: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004080830291

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:51 am 
Yay, everyone has introductions posted!

People who still need to give NP contacts: shensley, krue, dukhovni (once he moves to Next House on Thursday)
People who should post photos: michikyo, cjfman (should post one that doesn't require a facebook account)
People who should update if they have more specific information about their schedules: drosophyllum, krue, svolz, Sarah Pratt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:12 pm 
Updates: do not use pweaver as a contact in my house. He does not want to be involved in game. The other two listed I've poked but have not heard back from (silly people with 9-5 jobs).

I'm leaving for Porter Square for lunch in like half an hour or so, plan to get food at Potbelly's and then be around 11 Allen Street for a bit before heading over to 85b Wendell Street for the rest of the afternoon/evening. Likely won't be heading home until after day 1 ends.

I will try to keep the forum updated on my existence, although it's hard because I have very few concrete commitments.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:17 pm 
Name of 11 Allen Street housemate who has agreed to be a contact: Jack Cockerill, MIT username ccockeri.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:52 am 
I am going to be heading to Medical around 2pm, likely waiting in the first floor lobby for a while because the walk-in clinic takes a while. After that, I'll be finding a room on campus to chill in until the meetup.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:16 am 
Update: My daily plan for the next few days

Wake up at 10ish
Breakfast in ET dining room
Z center or alumni wang
get to the Media Lab around 12-1ish
stay there for a while (14E-275/3rd floor/wandering around visiting people to collect data)
go back to ET to work in my room or front rooms
meetings or more working
Bed shortly after day end

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:40 am 
I'm feeling pretty out of it, so I'm probably going to be staying home most of the day, although if there's a meeting happening on campus, I'll try to show up.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:43 am 
Also, since I've been unsuccessful so far in convincing my housemates to be mafia contacts, if anyone bothers to come to 407 washington street and ring the doorbell and I hear it, I will answer the door for you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:48 am 
Update on my today: I'm probably not going to work before 11:30 since my supervisor is coming in late. I'll be going to dance at 7:30, and there is madrigals tonight at 9:30, so I'll be going straight to one of the building 4 1st floor music rooms after dance.