Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:52 pm 
Is it a good idea to do a no-lynch on Day 3? In most of the other games I have played it's always been a general consensus to never no-lynch past the first day. I'm not totally against it, but I would like to know why we prefer a no-lynch to -doing something-...

Can someone explain why JRC is suspicious, besides the fact that he's beating around the bush with regards to the investigator post... which doesn't even matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:57 pm 
Yes no-lynch is a last ditch option. I wish the Mafia kill would happen so we have more information - if it does happen soon I will probably change.

Anyway if someone has suspicions other than JRC and myself please speak ... by what I said last page I think Kate is likely innocent ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:06 pm 
Considering that I still have no idea who JRC is or why is suspect, and Vinoth's posts on the forum seemed kind of shady to me, until further information comes to light it looks like I'll be voting for Vinoth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:07 pm 
uh, that was supposed to be "why he is suspect" - but that was probably obvious

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:08 pm 
I do not think anything jayarsea has said is the least bit suspicious. I don't have any special trust in him, but I am no more suspicious of him than anybody else. His questions and points are both valid and consistent with his personality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:08 pm 
And I am also voting for Vinoth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:14 pm 
I haven't really said anything today, but through reading what people have said, I am currently planning on voting for Vinoth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:18 pm 
I think Vinoth's suspicions against JRC may just be because he does not know of JRC's personality. Everything he's said so far seems to just be out of caution instead of accusing anyone. Some of Vinoth's arguments are very ill-formed (for example, something to the effect of "You [JRC] said that investigator should only come out if he gets a positive... and since you are neither rejecting nor accepting my suggestion that you are investigator, i think you probably posted under the anonymous account and you are probably indeed investigator"... sorry if that made no sense, I suck at summarizing).

Right now I am leaning towards Vinoth, but I think I will wait until I actually meet you all in person at Next. btw, if you can, try to bring your laptops in case we learn something important and have to vote at last minute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:27 pm 
Okay, based on everyone's appraisal of JRC (I think a greater number of people than could possibly be mafia have already said that he always talks like this), my vote is for Vinoth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:48 pm 
fluffy wrote:
Okay, based on everyone's appraisal of JRC (I think a greater number of people than could possibly be mafia have already said that he always talks like this), my vote is for Vinoth.

I'm always aggressive in Mafia games, and perhaps sometimes outlandish.

Assassins' guild is another story though. Don't want to get noticed by the death-squad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:56 pm 
jayarsea wrote:
fluffy wrote:

I'm always aggressive in Mafia games, and perhaps sometimes outlandish.

Assassins' guild is another story though. Don't want to get noticed by the death-squad.

In a guild game, you might have been murdered twelve times by six independent groups by now ;P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:03 pm 
For those coming to Next - I am currently in my room finishing up something important that's due by midnight. You are free to come by to verify that I'm actually here (#523). I should be done in 15 or so minutes, so I'll be downstairs soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:04 pm 
^ note: "something important" has no relation to the mafia game at all, it's more like applications and forms for my academic/career life =p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:10 pm 
I'm heading over to Next now. Hope I make it. Just submitted my "due by midnight" Stanford app :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:11 pm 
I'll give Vinoth the benefit of doubt for the next 20 minutes. He is however starting to wear on my patience in TFL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:15 pm 
It's 11:15 and I haven't received news of a murder. Should one happen before midnight, the day will be extended to 1AM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:19 pm 
I'm voting for Vinoth.x3

He burned through my patience wick like a buzzsaw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:23 pm 
jayarsea wrote:
I'm heading over to Next now. Hope I make it. Just submitted my "due by midnight" Stanford app :)

I made it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:46 pm 
I am currently sitting in TFL with many of you, and I'm announcing my vote for Vinoth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:48 pm 
Voting for Vinoth as well, I'm afraid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 pm 
No news to report. Votes are due in 10 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:01 am 
Im voting for Vinotch. Because everybody is voting for him here....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3