Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:56 pm 
After talking to me a bit (and still not posting an intro) Dgrazian declared that he knew his role, and that it was conspiracy theorist. This would normally be very bs-sounding, but it was even more bs sounding due to the fact that I had repeatedly said that people wouldn't get their roles until they posted intros. Lucy and Lily immediately responded by also claiming to be conspiracy theorists. Ironically though, Dgrazian DID already know his role, because Krue emailed him saying "POST YOUR DAMN INTRO! GAY KNIGHT LOVER I NEED YOU! INTRODUCE YOURSELF SO YOU ARE NOT LOST TO ME FOREVER!"

Meanwhile, the mafia are looking for a conscript at ET, and have neglected to consider Dgrazian, on the grounds that town will end up lynching him (however, as a gay knight, Dgrazian will not be getting lynched). The worst conscription target would of course be Lucy, who has already gone desperado.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:54 pm 
In EC things are full of paranoia.
Michikyo,Ara,buttcrunch, and Ellena were all in the same room.
Cleverly Ellena was looking up all the players photos so they could all
know who to avoid.... oh the irony. I'm not sure how much they bought into that.
The EC trust circle has no chance of forming.
Ellena's biggest danger might be getting caught by Elaine and Santi. Though she is capable of staying under the radar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:57 pm 
hmmm. bold move. If they kill DG then they take down Krue. Then Lucy will be dead Day 3. Krue will be dead Day 2. Town will lose 4 very experienced players by day 3 if they conscript Lily

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:24 am 
Both Lucy and Krue would die at the end of day 2. If they kill Dgrazian and conscript Lily, I agree that mafia will be very well off. I almost want to wake up early to see Ellena's kill, because Dgrazian takes the same route to work that I do. Occasionally he'll run late and we'll end up going to work together.

Also, Lucy is mildly suspicious of Sarah Pratt, although I don't think it amounts to too much.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:34 am 
I actually have no idea how Dgrazian got out of being killed. He certainly wasn't around ET in the 7:30-8:30 time period when I was up and about, so I don't think he was late... it's possible he was early, but then I just feel bad for the lack of sleep he got. He might have taken a slightly different route, which is why I personally would have waited by W98 instead of by Kendall (also, it would make investigations harder), but I still don't really think it would have made a difference. I hope he dies soon so I can ask him. And now they're thinking of killing Lucy... that would not be good for mafia. The Lily conscript seems good though, especially since she just got Charles's mic.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:27 am 
No, mafia! Don't do it! Don't try to kill Lucy! ... Lucy is the one person in all of game who is immune to kills from Michikyo right now, and they're going to try to kill her.

Lucy was asking me (not expecting an answer) about whether or not it was right for her to go desperado at game start. And apparently the answer is a resounding yes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:29 am 
Wow.... things will be going for a terrible turn.
If only they managed to kill Dg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:36 am 
Its super important for michikyo not to get caught. She is a perfect killer because nobody really suspects her, and they probably won't for a while

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:38 am 
Yeah. I really want to know how Dgrazian managed to escape this morning. Apparently whatever he did is actually going to have a huge impact on game.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:31 am 
Ellena just got a bike. She plans to bike to Lily's work and wait for her to get to the scooter.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:28 pm 
OMGGGGGG
alyssa asked Ellena in front of Ara and LIlychen if she was going to kill Santi....
turns out she didn't actually know if any of them were mafia but you can imagine my panic
when I hear this and think... oh god... an np ruined it for mafia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:54 pm 
Oh gosh. After going to dinner with Lily, Josh (np), and Mats (np), I got to Tech Squares late, and joined for dancing and stuff. Lucy and I were hanging out outside the room over break, and who do we see but Michikyo, who is staking out the kill location. O.O Michikyo walks right past us really casually, and Lucy gets really worried, and goes over to her computer to pm people. Lucy, while freaked out, does not think that Michikyo is mafia, on the grounds that Michikyo could have killed her if she wanted to (which is true; if Michikyo had bothered to she could have definitely killed Lucy early.) Lucy did a lot of talking at me, and so I hope I didn't somehow influence game... there was also the part where Lucy saw Michikyo as she was pointing me to the drinking fountain, which she wouldn't have needed to do if I wasn't there. However, line of sight to Michikyo was roughly 5 feet away from where everyone was hanging out after the dance, and so it's likely Lucy would have seen Michikyo anyway. Also, Michikyo could have still killed Lucy then and there. Anyway, it was an interesting exercise in not giving away information.

I guess I'm overall happy about this, because it means that I'll probably still get to use the flavortext that I wrote for Lucy dying of desperation. :D If she had been killed by a kaboom, that writing would have all gone to waste.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:26 pm 
EC has decided to trust Ara...
speaking from personal experience this is a terrible idea

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:22 am 
Quote by Lucy: "I want to die! Why hasn't mafia tried to kill me yet?"
Also, "If they were going to kill me today, they'll probably do it at Stata."

Lucy is also planning to use shady contacts today to count the mafia. She'll find out there are three, post it, and have her result be confirmed as true when she dies. So, town will know mafia has used conscription. This would allow town to do shenanigans with innocent children, if it weren't for the fact that game doesn't have any innocent children.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:40 am 
It seems like it might be kind of sketchy to kill Dgrazian now, since he is leaving so much later than he normally would be. It would be interesting to see if mafia is once again affected by the curse of "don't betray your SO," as seen in the past two games.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:27 am 
I escaped yesterday, because I was home from work sick. They fixed that problem today, though.

I feel like such an idiot, because this was the ONE time so far this game when Lily was the unique person who knew my whereabouts and I DIDN'T pm anybody else with that information. Grrr......

Also, I should have pressed much harder about michikyo when I heard about that yesterday. I just accepted Lucy's supposition that michikyo probably had a play she was working on. I warned Lucy that she shouldn't trust michikyo for that, because if she was working around there then killing somebody there would be risky, but I didn't delve into the possibility that she was just stalking for kills based on Lucy's description. Fuck.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:29 am 
So, town will have 4 investigations from 4 different roles on your death: Santiago (investigator), Lucy (desperado), Krue (gay knight), and Sarah Pratt (superhero). Kind of neat.

It will be interesting to see if anyone catches Ellena for this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:32 am 
I hope so! I doubt it though. Ellena will 'organize' the investigations.

I could have won the game on the spot right there. Damnit!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:35 am 
Well, won the game on the spot is an exaggeration. At best, you would have strongly implicated Lily and cast some suspicion on Michikyo, right?

Also, lol, mafia den has 125 posts compared with town square's 75.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:47 am 
Won the game on the spot is an exaggeration, yes, but it would have been a much bigger deal than you seem to think.

I could have seen Ellena right there (I had my phone out) and texted "Ellena and Lily" to somebody. Or at the very least I could have told krue before I left that if I die in the next 40 minutes, Lily is very likely mafia (again, every other time that Lily exclusively knew my whereabouts, I'd let somebody else know.)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:48 am 
Hmm, I guess. Texting people you're about to die is actually hard though.

I would say that so far, game is going the way of mafia. They've gotten a mic out of the way, they're going to have desperado and gay knight deaths, they know 1 role for sure (Aradhana), they know a role they're not sure about (Cjfman), they know someone has a valuable role (Santiago), and they have well-positioned players on their team. Also, some townies don't seem to be on their toes (for instance, neither of the backups have backed up anyone yet).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:02 am 
Texting people is quite easy if you're on the bus paying attention.

Agreed that pretty much everything that could go well for the mafia/bad for the town is going well for the mafia/bad for the town. I do not think this game is mafia-favored from the start though. Which says something good about the current mafia play.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:14 am 
It's hard to tell how much Santi trusts Ellena.
We should avoid interacting with him. He kept talking about how you told him "the game is going very interestingly" and he spent like 15 minutes trying to interpret what that meant. He was trying to see if he could deduce who mafia were from that statement.
It's interesting to see how easy it is for mafia(Ellena) to sway the public opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:19 am 
Agreed. You should tell him not to meta-game, but it does seem like he is the type of person who would find it very hard to ignore information he is presented, even if he gets it illegally.

Also, lol at him trying to get something out of what I said. Knowing me, I would find virtually any Live Action Mafia game pretty interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:30 am 
That's what Ellena told him... I wonder if she was scared he would assume you thought it was interesting because an EC mafia was in it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:39 am 
It'd be interesting if Ara seered Ellena and saw that she wasn't a back up. Then told her to back up somebody at random lying about their roles. Then have the rest of the pyramid lynch Ellena. If Ara could think of doing that, then the town would get a big edge. I doubt this would happen because Ellena has done a good job of influencing suspicion away from her.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:44 am 
What would be super lulzy is if Aradhana, trusting Michikyo the least, uses her seer power on Michikyo and sees... investigator (which we already rolled as the role she would see for mafia). Then she would actually trust Michikyo a lot. Oh, but if she tells Ellena that she seered Michikyo and got investigator (which matches up), mafia will be super paranoid that she was lying and that they're going to get secretly lynched. That would be hilarious.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:52 am 
that would be amazing. I doubt Michikyo will be involved. I think Ara will see Sant, Elaine, or Charles.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:34 am 
Ellena wrote:
I should just advocate for lynching you (Krue) and Lucy tonight

Voting to lynch Lucy and Krue: because why vote for something functionally different than no lynch?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:54 am 
NO... the flavortext for heartbrokeness and desperado may never be used again if they get lynched