Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dgrazian kill day 1?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:37 pm 
I'm thinking of waking up buttfuck early tomorrow morning and trying to catch dgrazian on the tech shuttle on his way to work. I'm assuming he takes the shuttle that leaves from W92 at 7:24am, so I'll board at kendall at 6:55, and get him when he gets on the shuttle.

If we pull it off, it'll probably make conscripting lily all that much easier and safer.

Any objections?

Post subject: Re: Dgrazian kill day 1?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:51 pm 
Go for it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:52 pm 
If this goes smoothly and we conscript lily, how about some easier kills of ec people?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:57 pm 
Sure. I think one thing I've noticed is that we should probably kill Ara before attempting kills on Santi. Elaine is really accessible on Saturday and Sunday, but honestly I'd be really pleased if we could somehow have finished/be close to finishing the game by then.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:43 am 
Cool, we could try to kill her tomorrow then. Also we should think about what powers to use when, people suspecting us, and items the town has

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:07 am 
I don't have any roles yet, I think we need to get some sense of role info before deciding when to do what. I want to hold an EC meeting (but not in EC, so that Charles will come), so we can swap items. I'm especially interested if we can ask, say "we should give the med kit to someone who really needs it, does anyone want it?" And the people who aren't interested, if they're clever, would be people who need to be killed with kabooms anyways. It would be perfect if we can find out who gets the med kit, but that may be asking a bit much.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:09 am 
God damn people. I rode the tech shuttle from 6:40-7:55. There was only one shuttle running before 7:45, and I waited at the Kendall stop for it to arrive after I got off the shuttle I had ridden for 3 circuits. He wasn't on any of them....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:16 am 
I'll wait at the Kendall stop until 8:30 in case he decided to break his schedule and be late for work today, but then I'm giving up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:21 am 
Fair enough

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:31 am 
No sign of him. Too bad, that would have been a nice first kill.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:51 am 
Hm, who should we go for today then?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:24 am 
How about our dear mayor Lucy, either on her way to or on her way from tech squares?

I'll attempt to conscript lily today, I'll bike over to her work, try to park right next to her scooter, and hang out until she comes to get it. If we have her, it'll be trivial to kill dgrazian tomorrow, she'd just need to text us when he leaves home, which means he'll be on the tech shuttle ~30 mins later.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:07 am 
Tuesday, August 12, 2014:
7pm:Early Rounds in W20-407
8pm:Squares: Amateur Night and Rounds with Phil Gatchell in W20-407

Do you think you could do it?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:08 am 
She'd be going to the 8pm one:

Quote:
[tech squares] runs from 8pm to 10:30pm in w20-407. I'll be on the 6:44pm or 7:44pm BostonAll Saferide, getting to the student center at 7:00pm or 8pm, not sure which. I'll hopefully catch the 10:30 Saferide back to ET, but more realistically wait for the 11:30 one or walk back along this route.
http://i.imgur.com/MXSqMJi.png

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:12 am 
I could camp out and catch her at 10:30

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:21 am 
Sounds good. Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:40 am 
How nerve-wracking did you lot find making kills? Maybe it's because I'm first time mafia, but despite my outward composure, I checked my heart rate when I first got on the tech shuttle and it had reached 140... It got better as I kept waiting and it definitely wouldn't have inhibited my ability to lie/act/actually commit the kill, but I was curious if anyone else feels that way about kills? (also I'm saddened by the lack of forum activity and I want to make there be things to read)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:43 am 
Whats higher your HR when you are going to make a kill, or you HR when you think you are going to get killed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:53 am 
My heart rate pumps up to the point where I think my heart is going to leap out of my chest. WAY worse than thinking you're going to get killed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:55 am 
When I'm going to make a kill, no question about it. When I think I'm going to get killed, it's more general paranoia, and I'm not very good at that. Paranoia is one of the things on my checklist of "ways to make myself a better townie". On the other hand, when I'm going to make a kill, I know exactly what I want to happen and I'm running through all the ways that could go wrong and how I could fix it if it does and it's much more adrenaline inducing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:21 pm 
Idea for future games as a player: Check heart rates soon after kills.