Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: If you were mafia...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:33 am 
Post here if you agree with what the mafia just did, or what you think you would have done differently.

Post subject: Re: If you were mafia...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:31 pm 
An interesting question to ponder is whether or not it is good play to conscript Aradhana, now that mafia knows she is a seer. Seer is the absolute best role for a conscript, since it either lets you prove yourself seer to someone, gaining the trust of a townsperson, or it lets you get a set-a-trap kill on ANYONE. Although they would lose the trap on Aradhana, they would be able to use the future trap on anyone, which could be very handy for say, killing two people who always hang out together.

Still, I think conscripting Lily might be better from mafia's perspective, in terms of experience and geographic location. And from god/ghost perspective, I think getting the mic makes Lily more valuable overall.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:13 pm 
I think Ara might be better of a conscript.
I don't feel like living groups are that important... Is it really that hard for a EC person to go to ET and kill somebody/ vice versa?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:31 pm 
I think it's more about communication than about kills. EC people talk to one another and ET people talk to one another. It's not at the level of a trust circle, but having a bunch of townies talking with each other without a mafia there to intervene can be dangerous. That's why Zach and I focused on killing EC people last game.

Also, making kills at a far away living group:
1. Is annoying
2. Is risky, because if you're seen you'll look out of place
3. Is less precise, because you only know people's general schedules, not exact times.

So it's not crippling, but it's not good either.