Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Basic Strategy
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:10 pm 
I'll keep it brief, but these are important things to keep in mind:

1. Use your powers! Investigators investigate EVERY day. Desperado's should use their power relatively early. Seers should use their power as soon as there's a good opportunity to do so.

2. Don't tell many people your roles. Two is usually too many, especially at the beginning of the game. Also, lie about your roles. If the mafia waste their set-a-trap abilities, that's huge for us.

3. Have lots of petitions in circulation. We want to be able to quickly elect a new mayor if the previous one dies or if we want to impeach him/her.

4. Cycle the mayorship often (unless of course, we have a guaranteed or near-guaranteed innocent.)

5. Try to get killed in a way that will make your killer obvious. A useful trick is to keep the following message on your phone at all times: "I am about to be killed by: ". If you see a player approaching you add their name and click 'send.'

6. Anything you tell three or more people, you probably might as well tell to everybody in the game.

7. Items, especially the mike-receiver pair, should be given away quickly, so the mafia can't easily steal them away by killing their original owners. Don't just give items to the first person who asks for them. Unless you have good reason to do otherwise, choose an arbitrary person. You should probably tell one other person who you've given your item to.

8. Share your suspicions publicly! It's too late once you're dead. And it really sucks to get killed without having told other people your accurate suspicions.

I'll probably add more stuff later. Other people should add things too. Also, look at 'Basic Strategy' threads of made in previous games.

Post subject: Re: Basic Strategy
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:32 pm 
Counterpoint to #2: Don't lie too much. People will stop believing you, and it may get you lynched.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:45 pm 
That's true. I've been lynched, partly cuz I lied so much. To be fair, I was doing some other pretty sketchy things.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:46 pm 
Don't fake kill people *cough cough anpere cough*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:57 pm 
The best strategy to finding a mafia is to be logical, and use deductive reasoning.... and not paranoia.... *sneezes in the general direction of Ara*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:25 pm 
Andres you are hella sketchy, buttcrunch can back me up on this. If we ever cross paths in a future game and you try to fake kill me I will lynch you.