Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Role thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:15 pm 
We have our first role ~

Aradhana is a seer. I'm about 99.64% sure of it. Unless she's reeeeaaally good. If you want the story, it's below:

Basically she role-revealed to Kevin since he's an np, and therefore trustworthy, right? She wanted advice as to what to do with her role, which she wouldn't have asked for if it was any other role, since we discussed all of those in detail last game. Kevin subsequently found out I was mafia and tried to hide from me the fact that Ara was seer, but made some silly mistakes. For instance, before game we had talked about me role-revealing as backup to Ara and he was all for it, but now he recommended that she should be the last person I role reveal to, supposedly because "she would be the one who would most likely not believe me, since I had lied so effectively about my role last game." Then he also asked to look at the rules, which confirmed it, since he's also new to the seer rules. Then, he told me I should look at the rules, at which point I told him how painfully obvious he was being about Ara being a seer and he caved and told me about her role reveal. So either she's clever enough to plant a fake role reveal via Kevin to convince me she's seer, or (more likely, in my opinion) she actually trusted Kevin to be a good, discreet source of advice (sort of like I am... but he has girlfriend bias, plus, if he's obvious about things, I think I'm legally allowed to shoot him in the kneecaps).

Post subject: Re: Role thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:52 pm 
Ok, now I'm slightly more sure of Ara's role (and have eliminated my guilt about getting it from an NP). On the other hand, I had to fake a role reveal in front of a seer.... Well, maybe I can guide her towards using her role not on me. I think I can manage that.

We were talking about mafia, and at some point she was talking about how Santi's had a lot of chances to kill her, but hasn't so maybe she trusts him more. Then she said something along the lines of "but I guess seer may be the sort of role that'd be useful for mafia to conscript later in game." I just sort of looked at her and said "I didn't know you were seer." She looked really surprised, then it quickly changed to a 'goddamn it' face, and she complained about really not being good at things. She clarified she had been planning on posing as backup. Then, she said that now it was only fair that I told her my role too. I felt obliged to agree, and we shared a small bonding session over both having roles that needed us to inquire about people's roles without looking like sketchballs.

The problem is, before I knew Ara's role and she didn't know I knew it. Now, she knows I know, so we can't kill her too soon or it'd be sketchy. I need to give her the advice that she should tell someone I know her role, otherwise it'd seem out of character, so Ara should drop in kill priority. We can probably still off Santi before her, and I'll do my best to keep her from using her seer power on me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:56 pm 
Bonus of keeping her alive: if she keeps trusting me, we may get whatever role she sees for free ~

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:37 pm 
Oh I guess that's fine then. What did you say you revealed to her as?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:39 pm 
Backup.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:45 pm 
Santiago stormed in like a drama queen and announced that he's screwed for this game and he's going to die soon. I would assume it was an act, but he told Kevin the same thing (he actually role revealed to Kevin, but Kevin's actually doing a good job of hiding this role).

In my opinion, this lowers it to innocent child, investigator, or seer. Kevin's word choice was that he was "a really powerful town role," but I don't know how much to go off of that phrase (since in my mind that eliminates innocent child) so going just off of his fear of death, I think those three are most likely.

Superhero he would just go invincible. Desperado he considers weak, and he could go invulnerable. Conspiracy theorist is not that strong and again, confers invulnerability to some degree.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:55 pm 
Perhaps set-a trap in a Day or two?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:15 pm 
I think we need better role info. I'll do my best to try and get him to trust me, we'll see how I do. If I do well, then we get him and Charles free. If not, the two of them will be a pain to kill.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:39 pm 
Proxy trust-

I'm going to message Elaine telling her to post as an investigator proxy.

I'll tell her that I'll wait and see if something happens today, mention that it's weird that no one has died yet. Perhaps I'll suggest that mafia is waiting until closer to end of day? I'll say that I'm going to investigate the mafia's second kill, since they'll probably cover up the first one

Sound good?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:31 pm 
Definitely don't set any traps without better evidence.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:33 pm 
I'm fairly certain that Santi is an investigator, and Elaine is a superhero. And with this, Ara has almost completely outlived her usefulness.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:49 pm 
How did you find this out, and how confident are you?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:28 pm 
There's a possibility they're swapped, but I was talking to Ara, and she said that she had heard of 3 investigators and a superhero (where two of the investigators would be marian via elaine and lily via charles), and she trusted one of the investigators and the superhero. I'm assuming santi's investigator and Elaine is superhero based on Santi's fear of death, and the fact that Ara used the same language to talk about the investigator as she did yesterday to talk about santi.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:39 pm 
Hm, that's interesting. I'm not quite confident enough to set a trap on that information, though we'll see what happens tonight at the meeting.

Is she sketched out by the large number of investigators?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:40 pm 
Lily: Charles trusts you more now. He said that he used to suspect you, but this morning you did something to make him trust you (reciever). So he may have possibly actually given you a true role. I don't know how much I would count on it.

Yes, super sketched out, though she suspects marian and maybe sara.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:51 pm 
Wait, Ara didn't know Lily was an investigator. Also, they're breaking down Charles's trust. He was stupid enough to trust the receiver, but now ara and santi broke that down. Lily, I think you're close to being on the chopping block.

Also, now I'm 100% sure santi's investigator, charles accidentally leaked it. That makes me certain Elaine is superhero.

Also, I think charles does need a kaboom, since he queried "what could we do to get her to kill me?"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:55 pm 
Wait, can you give more details? What exactly was the conversation, and why does he now distrust me?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:05 pm 
Let me know if they're about to seer me... I'd like to tell someone in advance that I'm desperado.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:09 pm 
How does this sound: I'll come clean to Charles about my plan to fake-claim investigator to bait mafia into killing me. I'll tell him I'm actually a desperado, and was planning to fake investigation results for 2 days while holding the microphone in order to bait a kill, and then go desperado in order to actually be an investigator for 2 more days. Since no kill happened on day 1 and Dgrazian was killed on day 2, I'll say I'm planning to go desperado either on day 3 or day 4. I'll ask for his cooperation in fake-claiming investigator, perhaps he could publicly say that his investigator couldn't make it to Kendall today to investigate, or otherwise make it look like I'm a superhero pretending (badly) to be an investigator, or some such.

Do you think he'd buy that? Does this sound like a good or bad idea?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:11 pm 
If I go ahead with this, then I'd want Ara to seer-check me so that I'd show up as a desperado and confirm the story.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:14 pm 
Aok, thoughts? It sounds risky to me, but I think we should be going for high variance here... As an experienced player, would you buy my story? (For the record, it is what I was originally intending before I got conscripted.) Do you think a less-experienced player would buy it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:16 pm 
Ok, I'll try and get that to happen. Tell charles, it'll probably make you seem super sketchy. He'll likely tell santiago, and then he'lll tell Ara, and so hopefully this will all happen before she wastes her seer check on Lucy. I'll advocate for needing to go together in a group to talk to Lucy, an therefore waiting for tomorrow. Charles and Krue both doubt lucy. Be a voice of reason. Say that sure, we may doubt lucy since she has a bad alibi, but we shouldn't lynch her on just that. Suggest they impeach her instead. Say you have a complete mayoral petition (do you?) and you can become mayor instead, and you'll vote in alignment with whatever the meeting suggests.

If you're mayor, then Ara will definitely seer you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:17 pm 
Ok. I don't really want to be mayor at the moment, but I do have a complete mayoral petition. If I am mayor, it will look even sketchier when I don't die.

Will go ahead with the plan to try to win charles over, or at least make him sketched out in the right way by me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:17 pm 
Can you also elaborate more on why he doesn't trust me right now?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:22 pm 
Right, sorry. So he hadn't told people about you being his investigator and asking for his mic, and then giving him the receiver. He had come to the conclusion that your giving of the receiver made you super trustworthy. However, Ara and Santi explained that if you were mafia and you had the mic, the receiver would be useless, and a good useless toy to give to gain his trust. So I don't think he trusts you any more than before.

Also, I was wrong. The four investigators Ara was talking about did not include you, Lily. That means that now Ara has five investigator claims..... They're even considering just going along lynching all the investigators that aren't Santi in order of sketchyness, which probably means that you and Marian are near the top of the list. We really need to get you seered.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:23 pm 
Ok, I sent him this:
Quote:
Hey Charles,

I have something important to tell you. Will you be at ET between 5 and 6:30 tonight? Or if you're going to the EC meeting, would you be able to meet up sometime before?

Basically the tl;dr is that I lied to you about being investigator. I have a good reason to do that, and I'm telling you the truth now because I now trust you more, and I need your help as my "proxy" in order to pull off my plan. I can elaborate more, but would prefer to discuss in person.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:24 pm 
Right now I had them convinced that using seer on Lucy was the thing to do. Something has to happen in order for me to change my mind, it would be sketchy if I just change my mind for no apparent reason.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:24 pm 
Did they say when she would be doing it? Try to get them to hold off until after the meeting tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:27 pm 
Yeah, I'll do my best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:31 pm 
I'll also try and get charles's role from ara. What did you say he claimed to you?