Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lily conscription
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:22 pm 
Quote:
Hey guys,

I'm planning on being in Cambridge this evening, and I was wondering if any of you would be free to let me into EC and/or help me find the other EC players to get petition signatures. I'll probably be on campus at around 5-5:30ish. My phone number is 347-738-7227 if you don't already have it.

Please let me know! :)

Should I just conscript her then and not bother going to her work? The only catch will be if Elaine or Santi come down with me.

Post subject: Re: Lily conscription
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:18 pm 
God damn it. I was counting on her contacting me to let her in... She didn't. Her phone derped and didn't send the text. I'll try and get her on her way out of EC.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:33 pm 
Lily has been granted access to the Necromancer Tower

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:34 pm 
All done ~ And Ara doesn't suspect a thing, though the three of us were talking <1min pre-conscription.

oooh ~ I wonder if I can get Ara to use her seer powers on Lily, then confront Lily about her role, and since whatever Ara saw will match whatever Lily was, Lily will be proven innocent in Ara's eyes ~

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:37 pm 
Right, so Lily, when dgrazian feels better and decides to go to work again, would you mind texting, or better calling (since our phones don't seem to like each other much), me when he's leaving ET so I can catch him on the shuttle?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:02 pm 
^ Will do.

So, some info:
I am a desperado. I've claimed investigator to cjfman to get him to give me the microphone. I asked him to be my "proxy". I currently have the microphone. Shensley just came to the athena cluster to sign petitions and also gave me the receiver, so I also have that now... lols.

I'm kind of tired right now, and nervous about being in a public place, so I'll think more about this later, but I could see this being a failure mode if someone finds out somehow that I have both the mike and receiver. So I plan on giving charles the receiver (which will be useless, but will cement his trust).

I was originally planning on pretending to be investigator for 1-2 days, then going desperado. If anyone finds out I'm desperado (which no one should know at the moment), then it'll look sketchy if I haven't already gone desperado. Will think more about how to deal with this.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:04 pm 
Also going to try to meet up with people for dinner despite not having a working phone, so I'll probably be unreachable for the next 2-3 hrs...

my number is 347-738-7227 for future reference.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:11 pm 
You're wonderful. Also, why did you try and get his mic? Clearly you're clairvoyant and knew you would be mafia.

Giving him the receiver is a good idea. I was sort of hoping you wouldn't have told a proxy yet, or at least not a proxy that's close to Ara. There's a problem in that I suggested to Ara that we should use seer on you if you become mayor, since I thought it would make you (nearly) perfectly trusted in the EC circle. However, she was going to bring me, Santi, and Elaine along, and unfortunately there's a significant possibility of Santi communicating with Charles.

With that in mind, we should probably elect dgrazian first, then I can easily convince Ara to use seer on him, and she'll waste it on an innocent. After that, ideally you can give him the mike so we can kaboom him (make sure he dies, otherwise bad things) and get the power back. Then there's no reason for anyone to find out you're not an investigator, unless there's another seer who's also in communication with Charles.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:07 pm 
My plan wad to bait mafia into trying to kill me by claiming investigator and generally being really high profile, then either have the mike to catch my killer or be activated and survive. That's why I got the mike first thing.

so I'm not actually sure about giving Charles the receiver anymore. It might look sketchy, even though I got it entirely innocently. Will think more about it. Might end up doing it anyway.

will probs want to tell ppl that I'm an activated desperado in a day or so, because it will look extremely sketchy if I don't activate early. It will buy me a few days in any case, and I can use it to fake-catch a mafia who tries to kill me.

Priorities : get shovels. Kill seers. Make untracable kills

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:09 pm 
Any clues on who has the shovels?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:14 pm 
Wait, who knows you're a desperado? Who would find it sketchy?

Also, would Daniel understand? You could tell him you ended up with both so you needed to give one away.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:17 pm 
No one knows yet. Someone might find out by Seering though. At that point I'd rather be an activated desperado fake-claiming investigator to thwart set a traps, rather than a sketchy mofo who's been lying about being investigator all game.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:36 pm 
That's true. I think if we make dgrazian mayor, it's possible that they'll investigate him....

If you don't give Charles investigation results, though, he'll find you super sketchy. Also, Charles and Santi are very much in conversation with each other, and Santi is being ridiculously paranoid, but he doesn't trust you and he doesn't trust me. I think, depending on how much sway Santi has with town, that may be a problem... Is there any way to justify not giving results to Charles and taking his mic?

I honestly think killing Charles would make things simpler, but he's a bit hard to find, and he and Santi will be hanging out a lot together.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:38 pm 
There's also the problem that I'm leaving Saturday morning. If game isn't over yet by then, we may have a problem if you're dead and I'm gone...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:20 pm 
I talked to the gods and was told explicitly that they weren't planning on compensating for my departure on Saturday in any way. I think that this would make it very bad if you were to pretend to be an active desperado. I think you just shouldn't say anything, and if anyone confronts you/posts on the forums about it, then declare that you are an active desperado and you activated the day before, and then you'll have two days to live afterwords (one day of sketchy but not yet proven guilty, and one day of evil mafia run-on-sight).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:29 pm 
I can just give Charles fake investigation results. This is what I was planning to do before I got conscripted anyway. I would make up at most 2 results, then become activated and actually get real results.

I think it's still wise to tell at least 1-2 people that I'm going desperado, probably tomorrow night. That way I'll live through Friday. Game really should be almost over by then. If I say that I've gone active after being revealed as desperado, that'll look incredibly sketchy and I'd probably get lynched right away. As an experienced player, people would expect me to tell at least a few people about going desperado.

Will find Charles and give him the receiver when he gets back, and probably try to get his role out of him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:35 pm 
Ok, sounds good. If we can get charles's role, we can kill him and santi even when they're together.

However, be careful. I'm sure Santi has warned Charles against you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:14 pm 
Ellena wrote:
I talked to the gods and was told explicitly that they weren't planning on compensating for my departure on Saturday in any way.

To clarify, you can get a body double. Lisa did this in the second spring game, and Josh did it in the IAP game two years ago. What this means is that you can get an NP to physically represent you for things that require a physical presence. This has mostly meant bodies for the mafia to kill, but it could also theoretically extend to item swaps, petition signings, or making kills. You are still responsible for communicating with other players and taking forum actions.

There aren't quite established rules for this, but it definitely seems unfair to essentially remove you from game. So, if you are still alive by the time you leave, you may pick an NP (preferably one who has not already participated in game in any way), and have them be your. They CAN make kills, but they should not make any big game decisions. Any kills they make should be directed and planned by you, e.g. you tell them "Go to location X from time Y to time Z, and say bang to player W if you see them."

Hopefully game won't last too long after you leave and it won't be a big deal.