Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Interesting message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:21 am 
I got an interesting message from krue just now:

Quote:
I have suspicions that Lucy might be mafia. She has a really shitty alibi for Dgrazian's murder (shitty alibis are more sketchy in my mind than not posting one), and she's asked me to meet up with her before the meet up tonight. I suspect she might try to conscript me as a knowledgeable player, since Dgrazian is dead.

I'm only sending this message to one person rather than two (which is usually a good idea), because I'm worried that if I send the message to multiple people, it raises the chance of one of them being mafia and choosing not to conscript me so that they keep the conscription and town thinks they've gotten two mafia by lynching Lucy and I.

Basically, I'm rolling the dice and hoping that you are town and that I get conscripted, because if that happens, town will catch both a mafia and a conscript from this.

I replied:

Quote:
So are you saying that I should just advocate for lynching you and Lucy tonight, regardless of what either of you says? If so, who should I go for first, you or Lucy, since we can't lynch both tonight...

Also, what happens if both of you claim against me? I might be lynched instead of one of you. Or, what if both of you are town, and this just results in two town deaths? I mean, a mafia and a conscript would probably act pretty similarly to two townies, if they're any good.

Ideas on how we could use this? We may be able to push through two townie lynches in a row, especially if I can convince the EC trust pyramid (aka voting block :wink: )

Post subject: Re: Interesting message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:24 am 
On the topic of interesting messages, I also got this from Sarah Pratt:

Quote:
Are you currently anyone's proxy?

We may get ourselves an investigator, if we're lucky.

In that case, two of the investigators (if your proxies ever post) will be mafia, and when we eventually kill Sarah, all three will be mafia.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:27 am 
Followed up by:

Quote:
Will you act as one of mine?

The wording is a bit odd "one of"?? Maybe she's pretending to be two superheroes? We'll see...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:42 am 
Help! From Krue again:

Quote:
Honestly, I don't know how this is going to turn out. Basically, I'm trusting you to use your best judgement based on how we're acting at the meeting. Obviously, I would advocate for Lucy first, but it's up to you what you want to do about things. I can say that if I'm still a townie at the meeting, I will fess up to having sent this message.

How do I respond???

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:44 am 
I'm wondering if it mightn't be best to just give up on getting the two townie lynches in today, and instead use this as an opportunity to pique Ara's suspicions enough to use her seer power on Lucy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:48 pm 
Agreed. Make Ara seer Lucy.

And great, now we know that Sarah is likely investigator. We'll be able to set a trap on her for day 3 unless something better comes up. Ellena, would you be able to kill her in the media lab? I can also look into killing her at ET, but it'd be risky.

And I can also suggest that Lucy is sketchy at the meeting tonight. Hopefully that'll be enough to get a lynch bandwagon going.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:52 pm 
Try to find out who else Sarah has role-claimed to.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:05 pm 
Also, who's Marian's proxy, who's Santiago's proxy, and do we know who Krue's investigator is?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:12 pm 
We should be careful not to give the impression that there are too many investigators. In a game this size, it would be weird to have more than 3 investigators...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:25 pm 
Ara already has counted 4 investigators....

Elaine is Marian's proxy. I don't know if Santi has a proxy. I don't know if Elaine has a proxy. I have some suspicions that Krue may actually also be Sara's proxy, which I'll know within a day or two.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:26 pm 
Update on krue (partially just for the gods):

krue:
Quote:
Honestly, I don't know how this is going to turn out. Basically, I'm trusting you to use your best judgement based on how we're acting at the meeting. Obviously, I would advocate for Lucy first, but it's up to you what you want to do about things. I can say that if I'm still a townie at the meeting, I will fess up to having sent this message.

me:
Quote:
Sorry for the late reply, I had an adviser meeting.

If you're worried, you shouldn't go the the one-on-one meeting. Also, I could get it set up so that Lucy can be seer checked. I think that may be a better option than going lynch happy.

Don't go to the meeting.
We'll get Lucy seer checked.

Also, I can't actually come to the meeting tonight.

Krue:
Quote:
*sigh* Sorry for going all lynch happy. I met up with Lucy and nothing happened. I had reasons for thinking this was a reasonable plan, but I guess I was wrong about things. I'll explain more at the meeting (and I'll keep you updated since you won't be there).

Me:
Quote:
Eh, I'll pretend you're townie for now XD Thanks for keeping me updated. If you are still suspicious of Lucy, though, it may be time to cycle mayors. I think a few other people had a mayoral petition circulating? It is in general a good practice to not keep the same mayor for too long.