Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Role thread
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:31 pm 
Ok, Charles and I are going to talk at ET at 5:30. Let me know if he says anything about it to the EC circle.

Not sure how sketched out he is by me at the moment.

He claimed conspiracy theorist.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:33 pm 
I'll tell him that I want to hold onto the microphone until I go desperado in 1-2 days. I'll show him the physrep to prove I haven't destroyed it. Hopefully he'll buy it, and hopefully I can get seer-checked.

Not sure if I actually want to be mayor right now, though. Although if I am mayor, it would make a convenient excuse to accuse someone of trying to kill me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:37 pm 
Hmm wasn't there one other person who had a mayoral petition circling? We could also make me mayor, but then they may seer check me.... I don't think I can subtly guide it towards you. I don't know if they'd trust me enough to not check me. I can test the waters with Ara. I've already suggested that maybe better than seer checking Lucy might be impeaching her for sketchyness and then taking some more time to think about things. As a follow up, I'll easily be able to see how she feels about me being mayor and whether or not she'd seer check me.

Also, Santi trusts me so much now, I'm really amused. Now he'll have been betrayed by his best friend and his best friend's girlfriend without him catching it. I really hope this doesn't crush his pride too much.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:39 pm 
And promise him to give him the mic once you go desperado.

Also, after I've been mayor for two or so days, I can also decide to step down, and then we can make Ara mayor, then kill her day 1 of her mayorhood, then we can make you mayor to get the remaining townies gone.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:42 pm 
Hm. It's probably ok if I become mayor. We can make that work. The mayoral petitions we have are you, me, and dgrazian (who's dead). Mine has 8 signatures so it's ready to go as soon as Lucy is impeached.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:07 pm 
Ok. Is mine complete?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:10 pm 
I think it's 1 signature short.

I just got a PM from Lucy asking me to be her proxy... I said yes, and that I may or may not proxy through an additional person. This might make things interesting with Charles...

Maybe I'll ask him to continue pretending I'm the investigator, and subtly hint at it to bait mafia into killing me, but just report Lucy's results so that I don't have to make up investigation results. This may assuage fears about there being too many investigators.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:11 pm 
Wait. Lucy's also an investigator? Really? Jfc.... where the hell are all of these investigators cropping up from?

Also, last call, do you want to be mayor or not. I think I can sway Ara either way.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:12 pm 
Might be good to hint that Lucy is sketchy because there are too many investigators around and she's apparently claiming investigator.

Do you know if Lucy is one of the investigators Ara knows of? That might be why she's planning on seering her.

I'm fine with being mayor. My petition is at ET right now though. I'll bring it to the meeting tonight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:13 pm 
Being mayor would be nice if that can get Ara to seer me instead of Lucy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:14 pm 
My guess is Lucy doesn't trust you. She's actually something that needs a kaboom, and she's trying to get you to think she's investigator as a ploy to try and have you kill her.

i don't thin she is. Ara didn't plan on seering Lucy until I brought it up and made sure it was perceived as a good idea.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:16 pm 
Hm, interesting. I could believe that.

Lucy's been PMing me updates on who's around her though. I'll just play it cool. Do you know if Lucy is talking to the EC circle? Can't think of why else she would distrust me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:23 pm 
No, but she and krue and totally good now, I wouldn't be surprised if there's close trust there. I doubt Lucy's in touch with the EC trust circle, otherwise they wouldn't have been so happy to seer her. Maybe? I might be wrong. I am missing one investigator in the count...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:26 pm 
So that's a total of 6 supposed "investigators" that we know about, right?

1. Santiago
2. Lucy?
3. Sarah Pratt
4. unknown investigator that Ara knows
5. me (fake)
6. michikyo (fake)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:30 pm 
Yes, unless lucy and Ara's unknown are the same. What I'm wondering though is where she could have gotten info from.

Like marian->elaine->ara
santi->ara
lily->charles->ara
sarah->me->ara

But where is Ara's 5th coming from?? Santi, Elaine, now Charles, and I are the only people in her trust pyramid.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:36 pm 
Haha charles didn't lie to you this morning, he really is a conspiracy theorist.

I tested ara "just musing" that it was odd that with our wide net we had found so many investigators but not a single desperado or conspiracy theorist. She instantly responded that she has found a conspiracy theorist. I don't see who else it could be if not charles.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:42 pm 
Haha, Aradhana should probably learn to be a bit more tight-lipped in future games... =P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:05 pm 
Yeah... she's made this a bit too easy for me... Oh well. Still not as bad as that one game where I gave the mafia all of the town roles XD

Also, as expected, everything you say is being sent to Ara via double relay (charles->santi->ara), and of course ara->me. I love that girl. They now have the news of your pm.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:10 pm 
Oh great. How are they reacting to it? I'll be walking home from work soon to meet Charles. Let me know via text.