Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:06 am 
Yesterday, there were no murders and Vinoth was lynched. Discuss.

Last edited by Alex on Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:13 am 
Hi. Still in TFL. I'd like to say that we still need to hear from some people on the public forums. For example, Ive been chatting with Jason Chiu everyday over AIM, and he's been voting as normal, but he hasn't said a word on the forums to discuss. Really, if you're innocent, please say something so we don't lynch you without reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:16 am 
He's on his computer right now while we play mafia and isn't on the forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:23 am 
Jason Chiu is outside my door.. I only opened it a crack. If I get killed, he did it.

Post subject: fun!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:43 am 
Hey Guys,

Despite the fact that I barely remember all your names, I had an awesome time playing with all of you in TFL! Now let's get back to lynchin' us some Mafia!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:55 am 
VivianLee wrote:
... Really, if you're innocent, please say something so we don't lynch you without reason.

I'm innocent, please don't lynch me for no reason. :o
*strokes kitten in lap*
http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/20 ... kitteh.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:55 am 
VivianLee wrote:
Jason Chiu is outside my door.. I only opened it a crack. If I get killed, he did it.

I didn't kill her, that proves my lack of desire to kill Vivian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:34 pm 
Announcement: Mika is killed at 12:32 PM in BMF in Random, in the hallway outside her room (345).

Post subject: mafia strategy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:47 pm 
The Mafia seems to be acting fast in this game, so I would bet that they conscripted someone yesterday (though I don't see why they would have done that). We obviously need to lynch someone today, but there should be some serious speculation about the number of mafia living in random. Also, since we're all safe for the rest of the day, I'd recommend another meeting. Any opinions?

Post subject: alibi
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:49 pm 
Also, I was still asleep when she was killed... you can ask my roommate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:28 pm 
I was with with Kru and Kate in BMF kitchen. Ami, Bobby, and fluffy were floating in and out, I wasn't keeping tabs on timing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:03 pm 
everyone in random, we need your alibis!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:04 pm 
that means randomites and random regulars. well, i was snowed in next house - haven't stepped out since last night

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:24 pm 
I think it's pretty safe to say that the people significantly far removed from Random are probably not responsible for this kill. I definitely was sleeping/in my room the entire day (actually, I just got up, and the first thing I did was check this forum... sad? maybe. worth it? sure.)

Lots of kills have been happening in BMF... is this just where most of the players are living? But yes, alibi's are in order. As for another meeting... I am semi-averse to going anywhere in this snow, but do let us know the results of a meeting should you choose to have one in Random.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:58 pm 
I'm currently on a nocturnal sleep schedule, meaning I went to bed around 8:30 and woke up right about now. Not exactly a provable alibi, but it's the truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:01 pm 
My alibi:
As JB said, I was with him and Krueger in BMF kitchen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:09 pm 
JB, Kate and I were in the kitchen and didn't leave from around when I woke up (I was up around 11 and JB, Kate, and Fluffy were already in the kitchen when I came in) until we read about Mika's death on the forum...I don't remember exactly when that was, but something a little before 2 pm, just before leaving for the EC snowball fight.

The forum wasn't checked earlier because Bobby, myself, JB and Kate were having a multiplayer Magic game from 12:42-1:51 (Bobby was keeping track).

Bobby, Ami, and Fluffy (though Ami and Fluffy not so much later on) wandered into the kitchen to hang out from time to time. I wasn't keeping track of exactly when people walked in and out, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:38 pm 
Right now I'm inclined to vote for someone from Random who has done and said little. Would that be Ami?

I think it might be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:39 pm 
As I have been getting far less than my required 8 hours of sleep over the past few days, and I expect to get far less than my required 8 hours of sleep over the next few days, I have been sleeping in my room since about 4:00 a.m. last night (that is for about 15 hours!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:17 pm 
My current suspicions involving today's murder:

I agree that the murderer was probably a randomite, as I haven't seen anyone from outside Random hanging out in the dorm today.

So here's a list of Random people and what I know about their whereabouts today:
alexwest - I haven't seen her at all today.
Ami Greene - was hanging out in bmf kitchen some time around 11-11:30ish, if I recall the time correctly. Her roommate told me a little while ago that Ami got back from somewhere around 3, and that she had left to hang out with Ben Horkley around noon-ish.
Bobby Fortanely - He was in and out of bmf kitchen most of the morning. No definite times on that, but he was around at the time of the murder.
Brian - nocturnal sleep schedule. No concrete evidence that he was asleep at the time of the murder, but for now I accept his alibi.
Brogan - was out of the dorm for a variety of errands for the entirety of the morning (she was complaining to me about everything she had to do today), and I saw her on her way back to Random around 2 while on my way to the EC snowball fight.
dgrazien - claims he was asleep the majority of the day up until a short while ago, due to the whole not having classes thing
Me (Elizabeth) - I was in bmf kitchen the entire time from 11-almost 2, as I said earlier
Fluffy - was in and out of the kitchen around 11-12ish, didn't see him after that
JB and Kate - were with me in the kitchen the whole time

I am currently fairly suspicious of Bobby and Fluffy because of my lack of knowledge of exact times that they were within my sight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:34 pm 
Investigator, please investigate Bobby.

In the meantime, my votes are for Bobbyx3. (sending PM right now so I don't forget)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:52 pm 
Also, Krue didn't mention this, but I saw Alexwest walking in the other direction (I towards 77 Mass Ave, she towards Random) on the opposite side of the street around 2:10 (I missed the Random party going to EC).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:44 pm 
I was asleep by then. I just woke up. Hello, everyone! I personally know it wasn't me, but I can't remember ever seeing Bobby enter the kitchen during any of last time I was in BMF (which was probably 11:30, since I think that's around when I crashed in my room), so if people are claiming that Ami wasn't there any more, I would say she's the most likely suspect.... But then again, I'm calling her likely for the same reason someone would be suspicious of *me* (ie, I was previously seen in the area). From my prior experience in the hallways of clam, bmf, and the back stairwells, there are already sufficiently many ways to traverse these while never being seen at all. So while I'm naturally inclined to believe it was Ami, I really don't know.

It might be worth noting that she (Ami) claimed to have roughly forgotten that she was even playing Mafia; this could either mean she has a totally unimportant role and is therefore an innocent townsperson, or it could have been a trick to make us think that (I know I wouldn't actually forget about a game I was playing under any conditions besides amnesia, but she has a lot of other stuff going on, and my behavior in such situations might not be universal).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:57 pm 
During the times I've seen her over the last few days to a week or so, Ami's been really out of it. There's been a lot of drama and such going on lately, and she's been seeming fairly busy, so I would completely understand if she had put the game on the back burner and has just been completely ignoring the whole thing.

Knowing Ami, I'm pretty sure that's what happened. This seems more likely to me than her being an active mafia member.

Post subject: summary
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:00 pm 
Ok, so I just got back to the forums. Let me see if I have this straight: both Bobby and Ami are suspect in this murder, right?

JB, I'm a little confused by your logic. It would be a waste of the inspector's work if you're telling him to investigate bobby and you're trying to get him lynched... perhaps we should lynch one and investigate the other (I have no preference either way).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:11 pm 
Mer.... Okay, I guess she wouldn't want people to use her situation against her, so she probably wouldn't use her situation against us, either. So that means I now think of her as a townsperson (ie, a situation in which she legitimately could have forgotten), and am now voting for Bobby (I didn't have a definite vote before now). I will change this vote if new evidence comes up for another person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:14 pm 
The logic is sound. You should lynch the person of whom you are suspicious. Investigators should investigate people of whom they are suspicious. If Bobby killed Mika the investigator should get a Yes reply. It would be useful confirmation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:16 pm 
And if the investigator releases that they got a no, then we can try to change the vote for away from lynching a (fairly certainly, unless manipulate the press was used) known innocent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:17 pm 
*try to change the vote away from

Post subject: sorry
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:19 pm 
Ok, yeah, I see your point. Confirmation would be good. I see your point. I am voting for Bobby.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next