Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Thoughts about Lucy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:02 pm 
After getting back to ET, Lucy came to talk to me. She asked me if I had Sarah's petition, which apparently has gone missing. I told her I didn't have it, and showed her all the mafia-related papers I had (so she knows that I have an impeachment for her, my own petition, and a physrep for an unspecified item). She said that she was sketched out by me because she thinks the mafia will have tried to conscript someone at ET, and she was confident that it wasn't herself, and reasonably sure it wasn't charles or sarah.

I'm really hoping that Lucy is an activated desperado who will die today or tomorrow. She's dangerous and I'd like to see her dead.

I would like to kill Krue tomorrow and then try to pin it on Lucy, since she told me and shensley that she had told one of Lucy or Sarah her role.

Post subject: Re: Thoughts about Lucy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:10 pm 
Sent the following to Aradhana:
Quote:
Since you were asking me earlier about why I thought Lucy was sketchy, here's some more concrete info: After the meeting in Talbot, after everyone else had left, Lucy and Sarah Pratt hung back and were talking for a while. Me, Krue, and shensley were walking to the saferide together, and we noticed that they were still in Talbot so we spied on them for a minute or two. They were talking pretty intensely. Afterwards, Krue tole me and shensley that if she died tomorrow we should suspect Lucy and Sarah because she had told one of them her role.

And more generally, I've been getting the feeling that Lucy's being manipulative. She's been doing a lot of the whole "take people aside individually and talk to them" thing, which makes it much easier to manipulate people than talking in a group. Krue and shensley also agreed that they've been getting sketch vibes from the way Lucy's been acting.

None of this is enough to make me want to lynch her, but at the very least I would be much more comfortable if she were not mayor.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:18 pm 
I think Lucy is probably a desperado. She probably has investigatory powers, so she's either investigator, activated desperado, superhero, or dgrazian's gay knight.

The latter I find improbable, because she wasn't trying too hard to control who investigator C was assigned to. If she was dgrazian's gay knight, she would want to make a more careful choice.

Investigator is less likely, because she put herself in a very high-profile position as mayor, and would know that she would likely be killed.

Superhero might be it, but if she used up her charge yesterday on invulnerability (which I suspect she would have done), she couldn't investigate today.

I find it likely that she is a desperado and activated on day 0 or day 1, and elected herself mayor hoping to bait a kill. Here's hoping that she dies soon, I guess... I'm kind of afraid of trying to kill her, and don't think we should do that just yet. On the plus side, if she doesn't end up dying soon, town will lynch her for staying alive too long.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:32 pm 
I think we can get her lynched tonight. The entire EC lynch mob is going for it. That's 1/3 of all of game (5 players)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:34 pm 
Great. Try to rally up more votes? I'm going to vote no lynch because it would look sketchy for me to do otherwise when I've explicitly advocated the no-lynch-until-hard-evidence strategy.

Marian, you should also vote Lucy.

Ellena, try to contact Shensley, Krue, and dukhovni about it. They expressed some feels about Lucy's sketchiness. Also try to poke mostly-inactives like svolz and boostin?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:43 pm 
From Ara:
Quote:
After sitting on it for a while, I'm going to side with Krue on this one. The information is very soft, but I think it's better that we lynch her. She would have been replaced tomorrow anyway.

I'm not sure that she's Mafia, but yeah you're right she's been pm-ing people a bit too much. Imma vote to lynch her.

My reply:
Quote:
Wait no, I don't think we should lynch her. I think she's sketchy, and would be a good person to keep an eye on / not have as mayor, but there's nothing close to hard evidence yet. I really think town should keep on voting no-lynch until the mafia fuck up and we hard-catch them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:45 pm 
So it might be a bit odd that I chose those particular people... I contacted krue since I was pm-ing with her before. Would you be able to do something? Not advocate for a lynch, but say pm them and ask how they feel, maybe mention that a few people are probably voting for lucy lynch tonight?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:48 pm 
Sorry, I probably shouldn't get involved in the lynch mob...

Ask Ara who else she thinks would be willing to lynch Lucy? Sam raised his hand at the meeting when Krue asked who wants to impeach Lucy, maybe she'll remember that. Or failing that, ask her if there's anyone else who was at the meeting who might be receptive to the idea of lynching Lucy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:55 pm 
AAARGH you're starting to convince santi against lynching her!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:02 pm 
Oh shit, I didn't think I'd actually be convincing... =( Sorry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:05 pm 
She's desperado, according to krue. I don't know why krue would tell me that, but she did....

Also, you're too convincing. Elaine wants hard evidence, now santi's dubious too...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:05 pm 
Sent to Santi:
Quote:
Huh. Are you saying that you think Lucy did actually conscript Krue, and now Krue's trying to backtrack from what she said? I'm not sure what I think of that, because Krue was saying that we should impeach Lucy at the meeting tonight. Although that could be a conscripted mafia trying to get her fellow mafia out of the limelight to avoid arousing suspicion when Lucy doesn't die early... I'm really not sure.

Hmmm. I would still advise caution, but this is actually more concrete evidence against her, and I might be convinced to lynch Lucy....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:44 pm 
Given all the discussion, do we want to plant evidence on Lucy if she gets lynched/dies of desperadoness?

I generally think frame a townsperson is stronger than plant evidence, but this is kind of a unique situation and I think plant evidence might be warranted.

How about something like make her look like conscripted desperado? It's a little implausible, but we could play it off as she activated day 0 and got conscripted day 1 or something.

The only failure mode is if someone gets mayorship away from me and counts the mafia and sees that there are 3 left.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:01 pm 
Hmm... that may be plausible? What the hell, let's do it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:01 pm 
Wait. wait. Don't. Either way, she'll die. We don't need this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:03 pm 
Ok, so "if Lucy dies tonight for any reason, plant evidence on her to look like conscripted desperado." Sound reasonable?

Even if she dies, there's a good chance she'll get shoveled...

I'm not sure if I can play it off as an honest mistake on my part... Maybe best to have town paranoid about Lucy having been conscripted?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:03 pm 
Yeah, I'm not convinced about it either. Hm. We want to make Sarah Pratt look bad tomorrow, and she wouldn't have conscripted Lucy.

Do you think I can get away with saying it was an honest mistake on my part? I'd have to let myself get impeached. There's a risk I might get lynched anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:05 pm 
We'll help keep you alive. Santi and Ara and I making up the we, of course. I think the two of them made an honest mistake (slightly misguided by a mafia). I only wonder how closely I should associate myself with you, though...

If I want a chance at being mayor later in game, i shouldn't look too tied to you.