Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Electing a Mayor
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:32 pm 
Hi guys! I'm running for mayor and I almost have a complete petition. Yay!

I need one more signature. I can complete it tonight if Sarah Pratt signs it when she gets back. Or I can meet people on campus tomorrow so that they can sign it.

¡¡¡OTHER PEOPLE NEED TO START A MAYOR PETITION!!!

It's good for multiple petitions to be floating around in case we want to switch mayors or mafia manages to kill one of us. It's a bitch to get petitions signed later in game. Please ppl start running for Mayor!

Post subject: Re: Electing a Mayor
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:12 pm 
Okay, I'm running for Mayor too. This town needs a candidate who can offer real change, not some corrupt stooge with shady connections and vested interests! If elected, I promise to improve standards in our public school system, clean up the budget, and most importantly, crack down on organized crime. I'll start collecting signatures tomorrow; please stop by EC tomorrow evening if you can, and look for me in my room or the Tetazoo lounges. It's up to you to make the right choice for your town.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:59 pm 
Can whoever walked off with my petition please return it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:05 pm 
I remember seeing Sam with a stack of petitions at some point during the meeting.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:24 pm 
I was planning on impeaching myself and electing Sarah as mayor. Unfortunately, Lily decided to impeach me herself and elect herself without informing town? This is super sketchy in my opinion and we should lynch her tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:25 pm 
I support lily chen for mayor.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:25 pm 
I support Lily Chen for mayor.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:27 pm 
(There was a lot of conversation had off the forums in person)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:28 pm 
I dunno.... she was able to publicly post on the forum that she would be in the building 56 Athena cluster and stay there alone for a while without being killed, even though the mafia didn't kill anyone that day. Does that strike anyone else as a bit sketchy?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:29 pm 
There's been a lot of discussion going on off forum. Five of us are discussing in person, and we all support lily for mayor. We told her so, which probably led to this decision.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:29 pm 
Would you please summarize the discussion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:33 pm 
Sigh. *deep breath*

I told Lucy as much in person just now, but I'm sorry for not informing town about making myself mayor, and I understand if that makes me look bad. Basically, as Aradhana and Santiago alluded to, I had been discussing things with people in private, and multiple people were pushing me to impeach Lucy and make myself mayor. I had also been very confused about the whole Lucy desperado thing, because I had not been privy to this information prior to hearing Krue accidentally say it on the forums, and had not internalized it enough to realize that Lucy might be dying tonight.

Lucy, I'm really sorry if you're actually town and this is all a huge fuckup.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:35 pm 
Sure. It was basically an accumulation of suspicions about Lucy. We decided that we really didn't want her as mayor, and we knew that Lily had a full, ready petition. We decided that we have no reason to distrust Lily, so we gave her the go ahead.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:37 pm 
Well, if Lucy is town, and is desperado, and is dying tonight, which are all things she has said, then we're not really losing a townie. I don't see anything wrong with lynching her tonight. There is literally nothing to lose.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:44 pm 
Do not blame lily for this, She was pressured by a group of 4-ish people discussing the game. She wasn't madly grasping for power. If anything it was me aradhana and ellena.