Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Lynch day 2?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:58 pm 
Lucy wrote:
I was also planning on using my shady contacts. Which would have been provably accurate because I started off as Desperado, something you'd all know by the end of today.

Yes, that's obvious now, but again, I had not been operating under the assumption that Lucy was desperado, and I don't think it's sketchy that I wasn't. Any reasonable townsperson with my (lack of) information would have done the same.

Quote:
I have reason to suspect Lily, I think she could have easily prevented this by simply talking to me, and it would have been simple for her to figure out that I was planning on impeaching myself and electing Sarah in my place.

Again, probably obvious in retrospect, but I'm not a mindreader...

[quote]It's likely that even if a mafia did not begin at ET, one will eventually end up here. Since Daniel got killed, and I'm dying of Desperado at the end of the day, it's reasonable for me to assume that Lily's the mafia. [\quote]
Charles (cjfman) also exists.

[quote]I think she needs to get lynched. or impeached at Day start.[\quote]
Please don't lynch me. I don't think there's nearly enough evidence to lynch me... If the general consensus is to impeach me, then fine, I'm cool with that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:59 pm 
shensley wrote:
I'd like to point out: Yesterday Lily sat in an Athena cluster, after posting her location publicly on the forum. Miraculously, she wasn't killed while being there alone. Even though 1) she was an easy target there 2) the mafia hadn't made any kills that day and 3) she's an experience player, who the mafia wouldn't want town to have.

Maybe it's coincidence? Maybe not.

I will note that I was only there for about 20 minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:11 pm 
At this point I'm inclined to say that lily could be a confused townie. I suspect there is mafia among the people at EC advising her. Especially those people who fueled the campaign to lynch Lucy. I might vote no lynch or one of them if anyone has additional evidence...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:14 pm 
I also didn't find out about the whole Lucy being desperado thing until it was posted on forums and thought it was really sketchy. I think Lily actually just made a mistake here and think that no-lynch is a better option right now. We'll have more time to think about it tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:21 pm 
I revealed to the 2 people I trusted. One of them slipped up. It wasn't supposed to be public knowledge until right before day end. The fact that I wasn't the one who said it and the fact that I didn't even know that there might be a lynch mob against me (which maybe there wasn't but the EC people's eagerness to impeach me and elect Lily suggests there was) also means that this wasn't likely a ploy to avoid getting lynched.

I really don't see why people were so sketched out by this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:48 pm 
I just thought of an great idea. Instead of shady contacts revealing the number of mafia, it reveals the number of posts in the mafia den!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:58 pm 
aok wrote:
I just thought of an great idea. Instead of shady contacts revealing the number of mafia, it reveals the number of posts in the mafia den!

It would be interesting to see graphs of post counts in town square vs mafia den for past games and correlate that with events in game. :P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:49 am 
Lucy wrote:
This could have been easily resolved.

I was also planning on using my shady contacts. Which would have been provably accurate because I started off as Desperado, something you'd all know by the end of today.

I have reason to suspect Lily, I think she could have easily prevented this by simply talking to me, and it would have been simple for her to figure out that I was planning on impeaching myself and electing Sarah in my place.

It's likely that even if a mafia did not begin at ET, one will eventually end up here. Since Daniel got killed, and I'm dying of Desperado at the end of the day, it's reasonable for me to assume that Lily's the mafia.

I think she needs to get lynched. or impeached at Day start.

She could still be a townie in which case no-lynch would be good. I was advocating no-lynch earlier precisely because I knew that a townie was already going to die at day end.

We don't have any solid evidence of Lily being mafia. We shouldn't lynch on impeach based on hearsay and finger pointing. We would be making the same mistake twice.