Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 3 planning
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:59 am 
Thought I ought to start this now. If possible, we want to get 1-2 set a trap kills in as soon as day rolls over. Set a trap on Ara as seer near the end of day 2, and then someone else early day 3. Hopefully the EC trust pyramid will yield another role.

Post subject: Re: Day 3 planning
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:59 pm 
So now we have for pretty sure:

Ara - seer
Santi - investigator
Charles - Conspiracy theorist (probably with lily on his list, I don't know who else)
Elaine - superhero (maybe investigating rather than being invulnerable? I'll get back to you on that)

We can kill two with set a trap (set one tonight, set one tomorrow morning) and one random other person with a regular kill. Honestly, of the trust circle, I think Ara's super easily manipulable and generally useful, and will soon stop being dangerous, so she's not that high priority. By sometime tomorrow I'm hoping Charles and Ara will trust Lily by having their mistrust peak, then be assuaged with seer powers. Charles is still very much a new player and doesn't know the game well enough. He'll probably turn to another player if Santi is gone.

However, I'm worried about killing too many trust pyramid people. The more that die, the sketchier I seem. I think Santi dying and then me just hyperramping up my paranoia may be passable, though.

Elaine I think could be saved for last. She's easily accessible Saturday night at desk. Marian, you can order something off of amazon that you need and go "pick up a package" after a kill has already happened that day (so she's not as jumpy) and then kaboom her.

For the normal kill tomorrow, we could try for Lucy again at tech squares. Alternatively, we can try and get shensley while she's eating lunch, though I once again worry about "I do not die" coming from them. Maybe a better option would be to try for Sarah Pratt, with a normal kill, not a set a trap. However, I'm wondering how sketchy it would be for her to die on a multi-kill day the day after she reveals as investigator to me, and what if we have trouble getting other people's roles? Another media lab possibility is boorstin, for whom I could let Marian in after hours, and then sarah pratt and I would take the investigations because of our media lab access.

Eh, those are possibilities. Any preferences?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:03 pm 
I think the order of kills in the pyramid should be:
1. Santi
2. Charles
3. Ara
4. Elaine

Where Charles would have to be killed somewhere near ET, to suggest ET mafia and distract from me. However, I also think that killing Santi and Charles in the same day is sketchy... And honestly I think Santi's death will reflect poorly on me, but I'll try to deal with it. Charles's death will reflect poorly on Lily.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:09 pm 
I like the idea of setting a trap on Santiago tomorrow. I can try to kaboom Charles tomorrow morning on his way to the Hubway station. I do worry about getting investigated for that, though. Where and when do you plan on killing Santiago? We should probably manipulate one of the murders we commit tomorrow.

Killing Lucy would be nice, but I'm kind of afraid of doing that. I'd feel bad killing Sarah Pratt or boorstin because they're new, but I'd be open to doing that if nothing better comes up.

It'd be nice to kill Krue soon. It'd also be good to find out more roles tonight. I hope an innocent child decides to reveal to me or something.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:38 pm 
So. What should we do? We have a trap set on Santiago. Should we set a second one now? Who can/should we kill?

Killing krue would be nice. Shensley's kind of a loose cannon; we want her to think that Sarah Pratt is sketchy because Krue died.

There's apparently been a Lucy-Sarah P-Krue trust triangle. I think there might be some sort of innocent child shenanigans going on here. I talked to Sarah P in person and got her to trust me a lot more, so maybe I can get some information out of that. In any case, we probably still want Krue to die and Sarah P to go down for it.

Can we think of some way to kill Krue? Maybe arrange for a hitman?

Would also like to have another set-a-trap kill aside from Santiago.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:43 pm 
Also, Ellena, my phone is being dumb and not getting or sending texts on time. PMs/posts on mafia den are probably more reliable for now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:47 pm 
Argh, why is krue so hard to kill :/ Her death would make everything so much simpler. Do we know a hitman who would know where she is?

Let me think about who to set a trap on for a bit, then I'll get back to you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:51 pm 
I'll be going to sleep soon... I'm pretty exhausted. I'll be up around 7:00 tomorrow though. Feel free to call me if something urgent comes up.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:51 pm 
Contact Ceres Lee about being a hitman. She's done it before.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:53 pm 
Ok, that's really helpful. I was just thinking I should contact her, but I didn't know how she'd respond...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:57 pm 
that'd be awesome. If possible, ask her to kill Krue in a way that could plausibly have been a player, e.g. right outside their house rather than inside it. Not necessary, but would be really excellent.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:04 pm 
Ok, writing the email now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:12 pm 
Quote:
Greetings,

I see that you're all back. Well no matter to me. You know I work for the right price.

However, I am currently out of town, and I will not be back until Friday morning. Now, I will be happy to undertake this task then, but since I believe you might want to get this done sooner, I'll pass along a few recommendations then.

Tom Boning also lives with her. He's rather busy though, so he might not be the best choice.
Michael Behr will be living with her this next fall, so you might be able to convince him.

Good luck. Feel free to call again if you need something else done.

~Hitman

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 12:06 AM, Ellena I Popova <epopova@mit.edu> wrote:
Hello, dear NP ~

You have a certain hard-to-kill townie living with you. A certain hard-to-kill townie that the mafia would really, really like to see dead as soon as possible tomorrow.

Cutting to the chase, would you be willing to be a hitman to kill Elizabeth Krueger? That comes with the caveat of do you think you would be able to kill her before day end (no later than 9:30pm, preferably earlier)? Alternatively, would you be willing to put us in touch with someone who could?

It would be much appreciated.

Much love,

The mafia

P.S. If you could kill her in a way that could have plausibly been a player, say right outside of the house rather than in it, you would be golden.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:13 pm 
Damn it, she would have been so perfect. So, should we try the other two?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:13 pm 
Here's another thought: do we want to slaughter the weak on Krue?

When I was talking to Sarah Pratt, she let slip to me that she trusted Krue at least 70-80%. This implies to me that either Krue was innocent child, who revealed to Sarah and Lucy, or that Sarah and Krue are gay knights together. Given that there are 3 people in the Lucy/Krue/Sarah trust circle, and that innocent child can reveal to 2 people at a time, I think it's likely that one of Krue or Sarah is innocent child and revealed to the other two. Of course, they could both be innocent child. They could also be gay knights together.

I'm exhausted and not thinking terribly straight, but I think slaughter the weak on Krue is worth a shot. If it fails, we still have set a trap left, which is more general than slaughter the weak anyway. If it works, we could get a 4-kill day in tomorrow. Tired me thinks that high-variance tactics would be good for us at this point...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:16 pm 
There's also Jack Cockerill, who krue offered up as an NP contact in the introductions thread. Jack is at 11 Allen St, which I get the impression Krue visits frequently, and might be at more often than 407 Washington St.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:18 pm 
If we want a 4-kill day, we should pick a person from each living group, to maximize confusion. So Santi, Charles, Krue, and boorstin would be ideal.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:18 pm 
I'll try Jack.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:20 pm 
So do you think I should do slaughter the weak on Krue? And do you think I should try to kill Charles on his way to work? That would be pretty risky, and probably quite unreliable, just fyi.

Is there a good way to kill boorstin?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:23 pm 
There's also the fact that Charles might have me on his conspiracy list, in which case I'd have to use kaboom, but he also might not, in which case we'd lose a kaboom charge.

I'm thinking it's not best to use the second trap on Charles for today...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:24 pm 
Also be aware that if we hire a hitman, we can't use manipulate the press.

So be careful when killing Santiago tomorrow, whoever does it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:31 pm 
Marian, what's your schedule like tomorrow? When would you plausibly be free to make kills?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:37 pm 
I advise for a much safer route. We should do our best to have Santi and Krue die. This will get Sarah lynched, but keep us both safe. I'm especially worried about the death of Santi, but I think this would be perfect. If santi dies this way, it would seem that krue was the set a trap kill and santi was a kill of opportunity, so I'm safe of blame.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:38 pm 
Also, I'm really busy tomorrow and don't know how many kills I could plausibly make.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:44 pm 
Sure, that's reasonable. I don't think I could kill Santiago reasonably either. Marian, can you ambush him as he leaves EC in the morning?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:47 pm 
Reminder: hitman must be hired the day before they make a kill.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:55 pm 
Wait, shit... god damn it. Well, in that case, we can get ceres.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:00 am 
So, krue won't die today... Let's go for Charles. Charles does not think I know his role. I don't think the EC block knows you know his role yet either. If we can kill him early tomorrow before communications occur, we may not have blame yet. However, Lily, you'll be super sketchy to the ET mob again. Maybe instantly agree to be impeached. Also, Marian should be the one to do the kill.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:30 am 
OK, plan: Lucy, call me when Charles leaves ET. Marian and I will each take a hubway stop. We plan on using bangs. I don't see why he'd have either of us on his list.

When we talk tomorrow morning you can give more suggestions, or just post them on the forum, I'll try and read it before leaving.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:02 am 
Ok, I'm going to go outside now and scout out the hubway and the route to the hubway from ET. I'll post photos.

I'm going to call Marian and then Ellena when I see Charles leave. My phone is a bit flaky with texts at the moment.