Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Day 3 planning
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:29 am 
Are we sure killing Charles is a good idea? It would leave me and Sarah Pratt as the only people alive in ET, and people already think I'm a likely conscript because I live in ET and I'm experienced. This would make me look pretty sketchy. Although I guess we could argue our way out of it ("why is everyone assuming there must be a mafia in ET??") if the Beast hivemind trusts me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:45 am 
Here's some photos for reference: http://imgur.com/a/00EW8

I'm probably going to go back to sleep for another hour or so. I think Charles usually leaves ET a bit before 9. Marian, can you make it over to Brookline at around 8:40 or so?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:10 am 
Actually yeah, let's not do Charles today. How about Marian killing Santiago when he leaves EC in the morning? And is there any conceivable way to kill Krue without a hitman?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:12 am 
I think killing Charles at Stata/Student center may not immediately scream ET mafia. Sure, he's and ET player, but he works here, and we didn't kill him over there, we killed him over here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:12 am 
Santiago is not an early riser and I need to be at work by 10 at the absolute latest, preferably 9:30

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:13 am 
I don't think it'll be too much of a problem to kill Charles. Could you and krue somehow be together when it happens so that you have a strong alibi?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:15 am 
Ok. Ellena, would you be able to kill Charles on campus? Killing Ara would also be a good choice.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:20 am 
Ok, withe some discussion over an actually functional communication medium, we've decided to set a trap on Ara and kill her sometime this afternoon. Lily will make the kill.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:21 am 
Err wait, I'm not sure if I can make it over there this afternoon...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:23 am 
I could do it, but it would need to be manipulated.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:24 am 
Ara may also stay at work late enough for Marian to get her. Maybe.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:24 am 
I can leave work early and be there around 4...

Can you send pictures of

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:25 am 
Ok, I'll try to make this kill. Send me photos of where she usually hangs out and where a good hiding spot might be.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:32 am 
I don't really have a picture. However, it's an atrium. There are a bunch of seats and couches and stuff. With any luck she'll be facing away from the elevators when you get there. If she's not there when you get there, just try and sit facing away from the large open middle space, she'll be coming from one of the rooms on the wall on the other end of it.

She works usually doing voice recordings. She'd be on the 3rd floor of McGovern. If you go in the entrance nearer Stata, go up the elevator, she's likely to be sitting in one of the couches/chairs in the lounge area. I can call her around 4 "for protection" and figure out if she's still there. Also, if I have that call open, she'd probably just end up telling me that you're coming if she sees you, and think that's sufficient. Actually, this is a very good idea. Just tell me when you get to 46 and I'll open up a call to Ara.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:34 am 
Alright, that sounds good. Is there any chance that Santiago will be there? He works at mcgovern too, right?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:51 am 
Possible... I'll know that from the phone call. It's unlikely unless they're talking about mafia.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:52 am 
Ok. I can also just kill them both if they're together, since they both have traps set.

I'm going to take the T to Kendall and call you when I'm there. Then I'll go to McGovern lobby and get on gchat. While you call them, gchat me the situation. If I get the go-ahead, I'll go up the elevator to 3 and kill Ara.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:55 am 
Sounds good.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:32 am 
We should also try for a second kill of opportunity today.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:33 am 
Ok, that's fine.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:35 am 
I think letting Marian in to kill boorstin may be an option.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:37 am 
We need shensley to testify against Pratt. So not shensley.

I'm still worried about being lynched if Santi dies.... but I might survive? Maybe? Shoot on sight, I guess, unless you're me, or you see him writing on his arm.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:38 am 
I'm going back to bed for another 30 mins, I'll be back on forum then.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:38 am 
Possibilities:
Dukhovni - Finishing up moving in the morning, probably hanging out in my Next room or the Five East lounge in the afternoon and evening.

Shensley - I generally eat lunch sometime between 12 and 2 on the fourth floor of lobby 7 ... On Thursdays, I have marching band from 7 to 8, somewhere around the student center. I stay on campus instead of going to tEp in between 5 and 7 Thursdays.

Asjm or Svolz at EC

Boorstin would be a good choice, if Marian has time to do that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:41 am 
I'm a bit worried about Ara dying on a multi-kill day, since EC knows I know her role...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:42 am 
Ok, that's reasonable. We don't have to kill a second person today. It would sure be nice if another townie died of desperadoness, and/or they lynched a townie tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:01 am 
There's also the amusing side effect that if Ara is killed on a one-kill day, it may actually make them trust each other (including me) more, since she's the one who (thinks she) controls the hivemind, so no mafia would kill her, right? Of course!

Also, she's shared all the info she knows with an NP, I don't know what his instructions are for if she dies, but the info will probably be passed on, maybe to the whole group, maybe just to Santi? That'll be interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:05 am 
That constitutes "communicating from beyond the grave" and is not allowed by the rules... Gods you should talk to her about that. Santi's plan of writing on his arm so that presumably any players who examine his "corpse" will see the name of his killer also shouldn't be allowed...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:15 am 
I've told Anpere to inform them of this. Presumably you don't actually want me to tell them this, since it raises the question of how I found out they were doing it in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:30 am 
You were all talking about writing on your arms the name of your killer.
Even if it is before you die, it is illegal to communicate from beyond the grave.
This includes any information you told an np to tell people after you die.
If you think you are about to die, feel free to text or pm people that you think you are about to die and whatever you want them to know

sent to Santi, Ara, and Ellena.