Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Day 3 planning
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:32 am 
and Elaine.
I sent it to the whole pyramid, because sending it to just Ara and Santi would throw Ellena under the bus.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:54 am 
Go go gadget trusting townies!

Lily, I think prospects look good for you being mayor at least until the meeting tonight, so I think I should be able to get Ara to seer you. Of that happens and we announce results at the meeting, you may even stay mayor tomorrow. (Where by announce results I mean say that we seer checked you, not that you're a desperado).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:57 am 
Sounds good!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:09 am 
Hm, you probably should only press Ara to seer me once Charles has told the Beast group about my claim. That's the only situation in which it makes sense for them to seer me without then asking me for my role in order to compare/confirm.

If you do that and then reveal at the meeting that I've been seer-checked, I'll pretend to be upset about them trusting me from a seer check, because it would imply that they had an external means of knowing my role (since I was never asked). And I'll also pretend to be upset at Charles for evidently telling someone about my desperado role. We just want to be careful not to have anyone investigate me. If my name comes up as an investigation target, people other than me should try to steer town away from that.

Do we want to use Manipulate the Press on Ara just in case? I'm leaning towards no, but if I get caught for killing Ara, shit could be bad.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:26 am 
Hmm... I don't see why you would be. I mean, would your work supervisor lie for you about you being at work? Because being at work far far away is a decent alibi, and why would they suspect you in particular? For this kill, I don't see why you would be an investigation target. On the other hand, things look so nice now and so much shit would go down if you were found guilty.... If you think that hitman is worth sacrificing for the extra security, then go for it. I think hitman seems rather valuable, especially for people who we don't know if they need bangs or kabooms.

Also, Santi never plans on publicly getting a proxy and whatnot he doesn't want to be controlled by town, so he's a bit of a wild card in terms of investigation.

I basically told her "it seems like lily's going to stay mayor at least until the meeting tonight. Maybe it'd be a good idea to seer her. If you do, you can then get in touch with Charles and lily, and if all three roles agree, it's likely she's town"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:29 am 
Wait, I see. You don't want to know you've been seered. OK, I see how that'd be nice. Eh, I can fix what I sent her. When Santi wakes up, I'm sure I can convince him to be a voice of caution and together we'll decide to talk to Charles first, get the story, and then seer. Basically I'm just worried that this sequence of events may not happen before you kill Ara...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:31 am 
On a side note, good job with your body language at the meeting. Santi was convinced XD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:32 am 
Ok, that sounds fine.

I think it might be reasonable to manipulate the press on this kill. We weren't planning on hitmanning Krue anymore, right? I think I'm generally sketchy/high-profile enough that people will think to investigate me for it. I'm leaning towards using MtP, but I'll decide later. I'll have a coworker confirm my alibi. If we play it right, we might even get Santi to double-investigate me for it and strengthen Beast's trust in me.

I'm going to tell Charles to message Sarah Pratt that he knows that Lucy was his "investigator" and she died, but that he found a new person with investigatorial powers who he's going to continue calling "investigator C". Otherwise Sarah will be suspicious of me and Charles if investigator C continues existing after Lucy dies.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:23 pm 
Ping...

What's going on? Is the EC group too suspicious of me to seer-check me, or too trusting of me? It's not a tragedy if we can't get that to work out. Don't make yourself look sketchy by pushing too hard for it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:28 pm 
I have no idea. Santi is has some irl conflicts, so I'm not sure that Ara will get the info at all today.

Also, what's much worse, is that she's not going to work today. She has no voice recordings to do today. Maybe if you ask an NP she wouldn't recognize to respond to her bcs subjects mail and offer to be a subject for today? That's the only way to get her today. I've stressed to her the importance of callouts (keeping a call open while walking to and from places) so maybe she'll call me of she's going anywhere, in which case I'll email/pm you about it. But at this point in time, I believe killing Ara today will be very hard.

We should find one of the other kills, though, and try for that one. We can't afford a no-kill day.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:36 pm 
Shit, well that's awkward.

I'm still planning on coming over to campus later. Would it be plausible to find Ara on hall, kill her, manipulate the press, and leave before anyone sees me? Or we could go with one of the other people on campus, but I don't feel great about killing someone whose role we don't know.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:38 pm 
And btw, Ellena, you should destroy the taser you got from dgrazian if you haven't already.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:40 pm 
I don't think I get BCS subjects emails. Could you forward me the relevant email so I can try to find an NP who's willing to help us out?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:43 pm 
I agree. Maybe we can. I know where she'll be on hall (her room). Maybe there's some chance she'll go somewhere at some point? I don't know. You could always knock and say you're Elaine, and then when she comes to open just kill her.

Tazer's gone.

Sure, let me find it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:45 pm 
Wouldn't she recognize Elaine's voice? Would it be feasible to hide in a bathroom and wait until she uses the bathroom at some point?

Are other mafia players around on Beast? My main concern is Santi or Elaine, or anyone else from EC seeing me while I'm there. I'm supposed to be at work, so if anyone sees me on campus I'm done for. Also, do you know where Beast NPs' sympathies generally lie?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:31 pm 
Talking to my NP (Mats Ahlgren) now. How does one actually get on the bcs-subjects mailing list? I've done experiments through their online signup system before, but I don't seem to get regular emails about them...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:41 pm 
Sarah Pratt wants me to use shady contacts to count the mafia. What should I do? I told her that I'd rather have her do it once she's mayor, but not sure where that will lead.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:47 pm 
I would say the truth. She'll probably double check as soon as she's mayor. Then gain it would rule out boorstin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:01 pm 
Did you use kaboom? did it regenerate? did you get any items? was MtP used?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:10 pm 
What? All I did was bang him

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:13 pm 
right, sorry.

Can you please post an alibi?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:19 pm 
Marian, did you get any items from boorstin?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:39 pm 
Nope

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:25 pm 
Are you sure? Did you ask?? Pm him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:28 pm 
I sent Aradhana the following PMs to try to win her over as my confidant of sorts...

Quote:
Hey aradhana, I just remembered something you mentioned to me earlier. You said there were something like 4 desperados, 3 conspiracy theorists, and 4 investigators? Could you go into more detail about where you got those numbers? How accurate are they? Given new information since the meeting, do the numbers still not seem right? And since you checked me and came up with the right role, I'm fairly confident that you're innocent (especially since conscription has already been used), so I'm wondering whether your sources are reliable...

By my count, I know of 2 desperados (me and lucy), 1 conspiracy theorist, 1 seer (you), 1 superhero, 1 pair of gay knights (krue and dgrazian), and possibly 1 investigator (though of maybe slightly doubtful veracity). This seems like a reasonable distribution to me.

And btw, here's a PM that Krue sent me about things dgrazian said before he died:
Quote:
Quote:
1. Particularly suspicious of Lily (ha)
2. Particularly not suspicious of Charles
3. Uncertain what to think about Lucy/Sarah. I think I find Lucy a bit less sketchy than average and Sarah a bit more sketchy than average. They are definitely not both mafia though, unless one conscripted the other - I overheard bits of a conversation between them that makes me pretty confident of this.

Not sure which Sarah he was talking about, although Pratt seems like a reasonable guess given they stayed together after the meeting yesterday.

Anyway, good luck!

Quote:
Oh yeah, one other thing: If your investigator hasn't investigated yet, can you get them to check out Sarah Pratt? I mostly trust her, but she's kind of wishy-washy. When I brought up at the meeting that we should check her because she had media lab access, she kept trying to divert attention elsewhere.

I've been talking to her quite a bit, and I think she trusts me, but I'm just not sure about her. She says she's sketched out by charles, but both I and Krue (and dgrazian before he died) trust charles. Dgrazian also told Krue that he thought lucy was less sketchy and sarah pratt was more sketchy. Since the Lucy being less sketchy part turned out to be true, I think sarah pratt is worth checking out for the murder.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:02 pm 
Aradhana is getting buttcrunch to check Sarah Pratt. Looks like you're off the hook for now, Marian.

PM from Aradhana:
Quote:
As for why I trust the Beast block. Charles I think we agree on, so I'll skip him for now.

Santiago talked with me casually for three hours the first morning of Mafia on non-Mafia topics, we ran into each other at the library where no one knew I was at the time, and we hung out at a birthday dinner later.

Also at this point I can detect when he's being overly earnest, and a tad overdramatic--both of which he does when he's innocent only.

Elaine almost jumped out of her seat when I patted her on the back the first night. She also role revealed to me and has been texting me non-stop. I was on the phone with her as she was in lab typing moments before this murder. The first murder I can almost say for certain she was asleep as we stayed up really late the night before.

Ellena is where it gets tricky. If she wants to put one over on me she can. But most of our most useful plans and agreements have come out of her. I accidentally role-revealed to her and so she told me hers.

If any of them were Mafia, I'd have been conscripted long ago not murdered as I know most of the roles in the game (or purported roles anyway), in which case I would never have checked you (or probably turned them against you.).

She is a bit less confident in your innocence, Ellena. Be careful.

I sent her a reply advising her to be careful of Beast being too trusting.