Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Items?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:45 am 
I have the mike, Ellena has dgrazian's taser (which you should probably destroy), charles has the receiver, and Sarah Pratt still has her starting taser.

This leaves 2 shovels and 2 tasers unaccounted for. It would be especially nice if we could get shovels. Ellena, do you know if Elaine still has her starting shovel? Boorstin probably still has his starting shovel, unless he handed it off at the meeting last night.

Post subject: Re: Items?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:46 am 
I'll see if I can figure it out. Most likely time for me to do so: when lynch discussion happens tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:49 am 
The only use of plant evidence I can see is to make Pratt come up guilty. Frame a towns person could be used on today's kill in hopes that someone innocent will be lynched for the kill.

Which do you think is more valuable?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:51 am 
Both would be reasonable... Framing a townsperson is a risky strategy that hasn't worked terribly well historically. We'd have to guess who has a fishy alibi and would likely get investigated for it. If we frame someone and then push town to investigate that person, then people might figure it out and get suspicious of whoever was pushing for the investigation.

There's also the fact that Sarah could count the mafia after the framed person is lynched and see that there are 3 mafia left.

If we're going to have me accuse someone of trying to kill me, we'd probably want to keep the frame a townsperson to use then.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:53 am 
OK. We can hope for town paranoia to swing the right way and lynch a townie.

Also, you may get to be mayor for a bit longer :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:09 am 
Here's a (rather fanciful) plan: We kill Krue tomorrow and make Sarah look bad. She gets investigated, turns up clean. That's ok, maybe she told one of her fellow mafia to do it. Sarah Pratt gets lynched. Assuming we killed boorstin and got our hands on his shovel, we immediately shovel her and see what she was. If not, we take our best guess. Probably the only people who know her role are Lucy and Krue (who would both be dead). Then we plant evidence on her to make her look like "conscripted [whatever she was]". Town will probably want to shovel her to see what was up, so they see that she was conscripted. Then Ellena gets elected mayor and tries to count the mafia, but then says "whoops, gods said I can't do that anymore. Sarah must have been a mafia mayor who burned through all of our shady contacts." It's ambiguous enough to keep the town guessing, but suggestive enough that people will probably jump to the conclusion that Sarah Pratt was bad. This would also make me look better, since it relieves some of the conscription suspicion on me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:14 am 
Ellena, could you just go over what Sarah Pratt has told you so far? How did you become her proxy? Do you think she's actually an investigator?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:34 am 
Very nice. I like it.

So all I've gotten from he has been the PMs I posted earlier. She had no particular reason to choose me as a proxy over anyone else. She did give me an investigation result to post yesterday, but that could have just as easily been a "I know Lucy's innocent since she's desperado"

I'm also fairly sure that the krue being a proxy for an investigator then not fiasco was because Sarah asked her to be a proxy too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:43 am 
Ah, that would make sense. So maybe Sarah Pratt is investigator, and Krue is a seer who has checked her at Lucy's behest?

Also, have you asked Sam whether he has your petition? It would be nice to get that back.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:49 am 
I'll pm him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:40 pm 
Ok, Shensley probably has the shovel then, given that she and boorstin were buddies, and boorstin didn't have it anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:27 pm 
Boorstin says he had the shovel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:08 am 
Ok, so that means that you have the shovel now. Great, we have a shovel.

Maybe Marian can use the shovel on Elaine? Since it'll be called for if she is lynched, definitely. It would be ideal if we could get to her and declare her guilty (unless Pratt is mayor at that point, in which case the point is moot because mafia count). However, that may be risky for marian.