Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:35 pm 
she ended up waiting by the doors, hidden. but shensley never showed up

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:37 pm 
there's been a kill.... by Marian.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:37 pm 
waiting for the pm.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:40 pm 
Oh god, that was close to a disaster. Now it's up to shensley to realize, "What was Lily doing on campus?" and report it.

People have historically been waaaaaaaayyyyyyy to hesitant to report things like this.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:52 pm 
the excuse was that lily was on campus to get seer checked. Nice lie, except for the fact that you don't have to be in person.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:06 pm 
I love Sam's alibi: With God, confirmed by prayer group. Which is true. Sam works on the same floor of Stata that I do, so we went over to Talbot together, and ran into a prayer group, which later came back and confirmed Sam's alibi.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:12 pm 
Noooooo! Krue is investigating Michikyo. Santiago really shouldn't have been quiet about his investigation. :( Now it's going to lead to a repeat investigation, and on a gay knight investigation of all things. Here I was hoping she would notice how much Ellena was controlling the meeting and investigate her. :(

She also took the investigation suggestion of the group, rather than deciding on one for herself, which I don't think is a good strategy when you're mostly provably good.

Ellena: Who are you investigating?
Krue: Michikyo, because people told me to investigate Michikyo.

Gah!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:24 pm 
I'm having trouble listening to everything here...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:26 pm 
Krue should be coordinating things. She's just sitting and letting Ellena and Lily control the whole meeting. Krue should be dictating all the investigations, and maybe even getting people's roles. Gah!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:40 pm 
I couldn't stand it in there...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:24 pm 
Lilychen wrote:
Marian, you're getting investigated by investigator C (me).... I'm not sure what to do about this. We may have to throw you under the bus to protect me

I think this is fairly clearly the wrong decision. Michikyo isn't at the top of anyone's sketchdar, and the cost far outweighs the benefit I think. Even if one of the two of them is caught, there's not even a guarantee people will both rechecking the investigation.

Anyway though, assuming mafia doesn't do something like this, town is doomed, I'm pretty sure. Ellena and Lily just dominated the meeting, and Krue let them. Shensley, despite catching Lily on campus early, seemed to buy that Lily left work early for non-sketch reasons. Sarah Pratt, who was on the right track yesterday with Lucy, seems to have been successfully lulled into a false sense of trusting Lily. Sigh.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:02 pm 
People are also waiting until much too late to decide on lynch targets. If they actually are thinking of lynching someone tonight, they should absolutely not be doing it so soon before day end. I can only assume that they will be following the words of mayor Lily and no-lynching. But if they are doing that, they should freaking decide they're doing that beforehand.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:42 pm 
Charles is loudly advocating for just lynching Ellena tonight to Lily and Sarah. This is hopeful for town, if he manages to actually organize it, but is also setting Sarah's sketch radar off.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:54 pm 
Yeah, I was hopeful upon finding out that Charles had actually pegged Ellena as sketchy, and had wanted to lynch her. Sarah Pratt even thought she was sketchy too. But Sarah was more conservative about lynching, and Lily talked them down.

It didn't help though that Charles was basically attempting to throw his role information at Sarah, and she had to say "No, I don't WANT to know your role, TMI!" for him to not reveal to her, since Charles wanted her role in return.

Also, Charles just said, "I think Ellena and Marian are mafia," and he updated his conspiracy list to have them on it. So maybe my hope is restored a little bit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:55 pm 
two conspiracy theorists teaming up :DDDD thats beautiful. I'm proud of him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:58 pm 
The conspiracy theorists are both completely right. And meanwhile, the backups couldn't be more wrong. Asjm just decided to back up Ellena and Svolz. O.O

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:09 pm 
They are starting to be suspicious of Ellena. My brother isn't dubious though because of the way kevin was acting. Not sure what that means

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:22 pm 
current plan:
yanni kills Santi. Frame a townsperson on Elaine. don't they need to pm us the day before though?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:26 pm 
They pmed us about the hitman hiring, but they should pm us about using frame a townsperson after the kill is made.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:56 am 
Alyssa found out and told Santi. She felt bad that town was so screwed.
She's talking to Ara alone right now.... Turns out though, Ellena convinced her to be mafia alligned.
If Alyssa turns though, town can win.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:51 am 
*tableflip* I really wanted to be suspicious of Lily for no-lynching so much, but I've been sick and didn't feel like I was thinking well enough to be super certain of things. Augh!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:53 am 
Thanks guys for telling me all the things I should have done differently. I'm sorry I was sick and feeling like I wasn't in any state to be making my own decisions about things for most of game, especially after being so wrong about Lucy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:06 am 
Lily's no-lynch strategy is something she has as town. If she hadn't been so loud about it beforehand, she wouldn't have followed it as mafia.

Also, I think that Aradhana doesn't quite realize that conscripts are seen as their original role. I did make a clarification in the game start thread, but Dgrazian pointed out it's very ambiguous in the rules as written, so I feel kind of bad. Last game she thought that innocent children couldn't trust people if they were conscripted though, so maybe it's just an issue of not knowing the rules for her role well enough. Idk.

And Krue, it's fine. :) You still played better than a lot of the townies here, especially given that you were sick. I was just thinking "Oh, experienced player must be the only hope for town to figure things out!"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:11 am 
We talked about it at kick-off though. I think she has failed to consider the possibility of Lily getting conscripted. Ellena did a could job of putting that suspcion on Sarah and Krue

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:25 am 
Yeah. Mafia this game have played pretty excellently. As of now, everyone in game is now either under the mafia's thumb, or too isolated to make any real change in swaying game.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:27 am 
dukhovni wrote:
I was asleep in Next; no witnesses, but since I'm checked out of EC, I would have needed someone to let me in, so you may be able to ask around and confirm that nobody opened any doors for me...

The reason we didn't make people who live at EC/ET post NP contacts for letting mafia in is because Anpere/I would do it instead. I'm not going to post that reminder on forums though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:11 am 
Kind of confused about why Lily gave the mic to Charles. Charles should realize his items are freaking useless if he has both the mic and the receiver.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:17 am 
Oh yeah, it's because she's faking desperado and has "gone desperado," and she "wants" him to give it to someone else. Hmm, this might come back to bite mafia in the butt, though they're pretty close to winning as of now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:28 am 
I hope they make the kill on Sam in the 12:30 to 1:00 timeblock. That's conveniently during my lunch. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:20 am 
Oh, if Aradhana paid enough attention to rules (which seems unlikely), she would realize that Ellena claiming that she has now become investigator can't happen. Backups get their role at the start of the day after the day the person they backed up died.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next