Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 4 Death 2
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:33 am 
The elven druid Sam Dukhovni was walking through the Forest of Esthetu, when suddenly, he lost his connection to the animals of the forest, and everything went eerily silent. The birds had stopped chirping, the insects had stopped buzzing, and if Sam hadn’t heard otherwise just a few seconds ago, he would have thought that the forest was entirely devoid of animal life. Sam turned around, slowly scanning the forest to try and see what had caused this disturbance. Slowly, a humanoid figure emerged from the trees. Sam could immediately feel that something was not right with it, and he started slowly backing away. Then, the figure’s face came into view, and Sam immediately recognized the the pale, rotting flesh and the ice-blue eyes of a wight. Sam moved to run away, but then felt a wave of fatigue, as if his very energy were being drained away. Somehow, even lifting his foot felt like a struggle. Sam sank to his knees as the wight slowly approached him, and then finally reached its hand towards Sam’s face, draining away the last of Sam’s life force.

dukhovni was killed at 12:28 in front of the Stata sushi cafe

Post subject: Re: Day 4 Death 2
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:40 am 
I was at Flour buying a sandwich. I have a receipt.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:42 am 
I'm in my office at work. My NP officemate can confirm (PM me for her contact info if you want to check).

shensley wrote:
I was at Flour buying a sandwich. I have a receipt.
Hehe, not the first time the words "I have a receipt" have been part of an alibi...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:10 pm 
I was at the media lab, at work. Can be confirmed by same NPs I cited last time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:52 pm 
At work in Boston as usual

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:59 pm 
Given that two kills occurred today, set a trap must have been used. Anyone who knew dukhovni or drosophyllum's roles is especially suspect.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:13 pm 
Was sleeping in EC again. Woke up at around 1:30 today, though I guess no one can really confirm this.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:14 pm 
I'm in my room. Eli saw me making cereal just a minute ago. I didn't speak to him, but he'll recognize what I look like if not my name. Also interacted with Charles a while back.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:17 pm 
I'm at ET, getting ready to drive the van to campus. Anyone who wants to check the parking spot can confirm that it is currently empty and will be filled with a giant white murder duck van in ~15 min.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:20 pm 
Oh, I guess since the murder happened two hours ago I should mention that I was cursing at my external HDD, emailing Thetans about their room assignments, and handling fire extinguisher inspections.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:22 pm 
Rather scarily, I happened to be at Stata Cafe at about that time buying some pizza. I did not see any other mafia players there, however.

Also, I'm guessing that drosophyllum was the one caught by a trap and one of the other Beast players was responsible (or at least involved).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:16 pm 
I was with Santiago at Flower.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:19 pm 
Uh, you mean Flour?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:24 pm 
Really? That's odd. I didn't see you there. And I was looking around for people pretty carefully.
And you went yesterday, since I saw you and a bunch of other people yesterday. I went two days in a row because it's right next to my UROP in the NW buildings, and I have two receipts to prove that I did so.
I'm less inclined to believe you went two days in a row, especially when I didn't see you there. Can you produce any evidence that you went there today?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:53 pm 
shensley wrote:
Really? That's odd. I didn't see you there. And I was looking around for people pretty carefully.
And you went yesterday, since I saw you and a bunch of other people yesterday. I went two days in a row because it's right next to my UROP in the NW buildings, and I have two receipts to prove that I did so.
I'm less inclined to believe you went two days in a row, especially when I didn't see you there. Can you produce any evidence that you went there today?

If I wasn't there at the exact same time you were, then I was on my way. I don't even know who you are. How do you know who I am?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:10 pm 
You avoided several of the points I raised, including the one about evidence. You also redirected the post to be about me, instead of about you. Neither of those make me trust you more. Do you have any sort of evidence you were at Flour? Saying you were with Santiago doesn't exactly help, since dead men tell no tales.

Also, we all posted pictures of ourselves in the introductions. Of course I'm going to make sure I can recognize fellow mafia players.

And you knew me well enough to try to get me to reveal whether or not I had the receiver or not at the beginning of the game....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:38 pm 
shensley wrote:
You avoided several of the points I raised, including the one about evidence. You also redirected the post to be about me, instead of about you. Neither of those make me trust you more. Do you have any sort of evidence you were at Flour? Saying you were with Santiago doesn't exactly help, since dead men tell no tales.

Also, we all posted pictures of ourselves in the introductions. Of course I'm going to make sure I can recognize fellow mafia players.

And you knew me well enough to try to get me to reveal whether or not I had the receiver or not at the beginning of the game....

What kind of evidence do you propose I give? It's an unreasonable request. I redirected the post to be about you because I don't trust you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:52 pm 
A receipt from Flour, for example, would be evidence. I understand not trusting me, since that's the point of the game. If you want to drop the issue, we can. I'd be willing for both of us to be investigated, if town feels it's worth spending investigations on, but it doesn't seem as important in light of the buttcrunch situation.