Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:26 pm 
Hello fellow mafia,
this is benlin from ET. Think we should know each other's dorm/living group as well as where people would normally hang out at.
For the first kill, I suggest doing it during square dancing (which happens every Tuesday and most of the ET people are enrolled) if possible.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:28 pm 
Hey I'm Victor Lopez, aka lopezv. I live and clam and am very excited to begin exacting our plan on the unsuspecting town. I'm usually around random, so I can try to handle things over on the random side of things should it be necessary. Good luck guys.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:29 pm 
Marian. East Campus. I spend a good chunk of time on 4E and 2E. Otherwise evenings are normally pretty close to or in the student center.

++for kill at squares, although the will be quite a few witnesses?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:42 pm 
I could as well bet on the people who wake up early and then go back to sleep as alibi since I have no classes in the morning tomorrow. Will post at 9am tomorrow if I fail.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:47 pm 
Hi, I'm Lisa. I live on Pecker at Random and am a pledge at ET. I like the idea of killing at squares - it would be tricky to pull off without being noticed, but there would be a ton of suspects. Though, a lot of actual mafia are in squares so there's a chance one of us would get randomly lynched.

As for killing early in the morning Ben, where would you plan on killing? ET seems too obvious, but I'm not sure if it's possible for you to get to Random or somewhere and back unnoticed. Ben, do you usually get woken up by someone or do you just use the shake-awake alarm? It would be a good alibi to order an arousal, run to another dorm, kill someone, and get back before being woken up. Not sure who'd be up at that hour though to be killed...

(At ET you can make a request to have someone wake you up in the morning)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:01 pm 
Hey guys, I'm the godfather, ready to help with strategizing. A couple things to keep in mind: Default to killing at classes, there are much less good alibies then. Also, try not to put yourself in a small group of people who could possibly have done it, like residents of ET or squares regulars. Having someone who doesn't do squares kill someone at/near squares could be strong.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:06 pm 
I either wake people up or use shake awake. I proposed this plan because I know there are people who wake up super early (like 7). But, yeah, it's too risky since someone might be awake and witnesses the murder. Rushing to some other dorms seems like a good idea though. I do arousals on Mondays and Wednesdays, so I could support your alibi if you execute that. (Unfortunately I am not a guest of random, so I guess it would be sketchy for me to be there in a weird time)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:30 pm 
Hey guys, Taylor here. I also live on 4E in east campus, and I spend lots of time on 4E, 3E, and 5W in EC. Where are the majority of the townies located? I can help with the EC side of things.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:08 am 
Maybe we should leave fancier kills for later, and have our first kill be during classes? I don't see the bios anywhere... it would be nice to know people's schedules before morning.

Tech Squares is a pretty cool idea, but I don't know that I like the risk of someone not in Tech Squares being seen there. Everyone is all together pretty much the whole time, the killer would have to be really sneaky.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:11 am 
About the introduction emails, the Gods are currently formatting them nicely and will send them to us soon. I'm not sure exactly when.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:00 am 
If this is happening between classes, we should do it soon. I'll have a terrible alibi until 2:30, since I accidentally slept through my first class, so I probably shouldn't make the kill unless it's after then. For a kill between classes, whoever's doing it should take a really weird path to walk there so you aren't placed near the scene of the crime, and then maybe hide behind a building or bush or something until you see a player walking alone. We should decide who's doing this so we don't accidentally make 2 kills, and we should start soon because it might take several attempts before there's a good opportunity.

Do we want to kill someone specifically or make a random kill? It'd be nice to kill a more experienced player first, since killing newbies the first day is kind of mean and also not as useful for us. We could target the area we think someone will be walking based on their schedule.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:39 pm 
Just make a kill, someone, and soon. The time for high quality kills is now!