Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 4 planning
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:00 am 
Ben, I strongly suggest against running for Police Officer. The anti-candidate suspicion is strong and you're likely to get smited if elected, which would be crushing as you're our Don. Too bad, as Don Kabooms would be awesome. Also, you were investigated (correctly) for the kill on Troy, so maybe town doesn't trust you that much? Do you know why you were chosen?

If we can make a kill today, Ben would be recharged for another Don kill, which could also be today. I think our general strategy should be to remain immune to investigations. I think this means burning through powers. Ideally we'd save them later, but we might not have that luxury.

I think our medium-term goal should be to make 10 kills and get another conscript. With perfect alternation, Ben could make kills 1, 4, 7, and 10, which leaves us with 5 more non-don kills. I'd like refrain from making kills as much as possible to preserve my by trusted position in the IC network. But we're pretty understaffed, so that might not be possible.

Post subject: Re: Day 4 planning
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:05 am 
Good news: Daniel Grazian advocates not lynching lopezv today.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:07 pm 
Bad news: inisley is advovating lynching him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:34 pm 
The Asya/aok thing is fake. It's part of Asya's plan to get rogues. The good news is that I'm her contact person for the list of rogues, so I'm fine with this going through. If it erupts in chaos, that's good too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:36 pm 
It's probably only because I am new and know Troy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:02 pm 
What do you mean by "asya/aok thing is fake" I don't really understand why that works.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:04 pm 
Ah, also, I guess we should advocate people in ET to run for PO. If so, it's easier to target someone alse than Alex and lynch them after the Saturday kill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:37 pm 
Asya arranged with aok to pretend that she tried to kill him. It's not a real kill. It's in my infodump, which I'll post here to consolidate info across threads.
Alex wrote:
Hi Mafia!

Here's an infodump of what I know.

I'm an Innocent Child. I'm in the Innocent Child network set up by Miranda. Its members are

Me
Daniel Grazian
Jenny not Jennifer
inisley
mads
(formerly) Miranda Gavrin

mads is going to reveal to dukhovni to connect him to the IC network. dukhovni will not be told the identities of other IC's so as not put more eggs into the basket of a known trusted innocent that (town believes) can be conscripted. The idea is to have Genies reveal to him and be connected to IC's. Daniel also suggests not having too many Geni's reveal to avoid conscript risk.

mads also seems to be be the trusted innocent among the trusted; as I think Miranda messaged only her the info about abergal (described later),

qql is genie. Jenny not Jennifer was blessed by qql on Day 2 and is investigating Troy's death (the only legal option), which will fail due to Don. This was told to the Network, and I believe to be true since I don't think one would lie about it and it seems like a standard friend-reveal-to-friends thing. qql and Jenny not Jennifer planned to me at 11 AM today to go to Troy's death site.

I have a medkit that I got from hiji. hiji had revealed this to Miranda before she died, so it's possible she shared this info with someone else.

abergal will die at the end of Friday due to being Gay Knights with an evicted townie (vfazel). She is planning a gambit to catch the rogues. The idea is to have an investigator proxy lie and claim to have been found guilty of a kill. Then, she'd "reveal", solicit rogue PM's that she'd forward to the IC network, then be lynched before her doomedness is revealed. I don't believe the IC network has given her a contact yet; I'd like it to be me just in case. Townie me had thought that this plan had too many failure cases, so maybe Mafia me should advocate it? The funny thing is us knowing about it doesn't help us that much since it's meant to trick rogues.

ksedlar revealed to the network that she "believes that aok and Dgrazian are most likely innocent, but with a lesser degree of certainty than for Haley and Sammy Luo". Haley and Sammy Luo had given her Mics.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:39 pm 
Is anyone in a position to make kills tonight? (Except Ben, unless we can make another kill first.) If not, I can try to do it with the random visit, but it will be hard as I'm going with at least one other player.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:42 pm 
What they're trying to do is bait out any other rogues since asya is a gay knight who is about to die.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:46 pm 
lopevz or isaacg: Can you tell us if inisley's at Random? If so, we might want to slaughter and kill her rather than daniel.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:47 pm 
Asya's plan is great for us, btw, since she'll likely tell me rogue info, and her being lynched saves lopevz (don't get tased again though!).

My dilemma is whether to lie about he rogue assignments to the other IC's. It saves rogues from being found out but if she sends her original to someone else without telling me, I'm boned.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:50 pm 
Sammyluo says he's leaving the Random meeting at/by 7:30. Can someone intercept him?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:59 pm 
Alex wrote:
lopevz or isaacg: Can you tell us if inisley's at Random? If so, we might want to slaughter and kill her rather than daniel.

Ishara's currently in random, I believe, I saw her recently.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:13 pm 
What do you think of me Slaughter/MtP'ing Ishara while I'm at Random if I get a chance?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:18 pm 
go for it. just don't get caught

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:20 pm 
Only manipulate the press if you think it's really necessary - there are a lot of people in Random, given the meeting here. The important thing is killing her, and killing someone else.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:21 pm 
michikyo, can I still ask you to try to intercept people going to Random instead? I'm in a bad position to make kills here.

Isaac, for MtP, it's that I'm worried this kill will otherwise be brute-forced by genies over the course of game.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:26 pm 
I think Justin, adamberg, and I are coming to Random from ET.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:27 pm 
Alex, it's your call. The important thing is getting multiple kills today.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:38 pm 
The Daniel Grazian situation is complicated. On one hand, I want him killed so that he stops telling the IC circle to be wary of conscripts and stops posting to smite/lynch experienced players. And it would let me exert more influence over the circle. On the other hand, doing so will make it suspicious why I'm still alive of the IC circle.

I think we should hold off on killing him for a day or two so that it doesn't point as much to me. But we might not get many opportunities to kill him, so maybe we should take on if it presents itself

Mafia is hard.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:42 pm 
isaacg wrote:
Alex, it's your call. The important thing is getting multiple kills today.

Two kills would be efficient with Ben getting the second one to keep up Don alternation. Ben, would you be able to make a kill tonight?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:44 pm 
Ishara's currently in foo.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:47 pm 
Is that where the Mafia wank is? Or is she alone?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:50 pm 
That's where mafia wank is - ~10 players.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:01 pm 
It'll be sketchy since I said publicly I didn't feel like going to the meeting. If a kill happens and im spotted anywhere in the vicinity of random ill be suspect

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:04 pm 
I wouldn't worry about that - nobody will recognize you / you can say you've changed your mind.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:12 pm 
Some people do recognize me, and the 4e people went and I told them I wouldn't be there

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:16 pm 
I could make a kill. But on who? I will be available later tonight maybe after 9ish. (I am still on campus and have bike so I can get to places fast)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:45 pm 
Just killed ishara and Vinoth in Pecker. Time 8:40 maybe? No kabooms. Will use MtP on ishara, no location change.