Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:34 pm 
jayarsea wrote:
QUOTE FROM NICOLE: I still think that if Bobby is innocent, a No Lynch would have been preferable to killing him off - but you're right that we have no way to know if he was mafia too. /QUOTE

That's completely true. However, you can't know ever /KNOW/ that someone you lynched is innocent...so it's not really something you can really get around.

Well, of course. I'm just responding to your claim that a No Lynch couldn't possibly bring us closer to victory. In this situation, lynching Fluffy or Bobby probably was the right thing to do (I hadn't read last night's discussion when I made my last post. My bad.) - however, in general in this game, with a large number of townspeople compared to a small # of mafia, I feel like a little more caution and less killing people based on unfounded suspicions could go a long way. I'm just not sure that lynching someone every night is the right way to approach this game - there's no way that all of those people can be mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:36 pm 
They're not. We're hoping blind luck takes us far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:03 pm 
Nicole wrote:
Alex, rules clarification - is it possible to investigate dead people?
It is indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:34 pm 
joy wrote:
Nexties, would you like to meet up somewhere and walk to Random together?

You guys are all safe... there's no strategic purpose to walking together, though I suppose it'll be more fun that way, anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:08 pm 
Is non-live-action-mafia still on for tonight at Random at 10pm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:11 pm 
^ That seems to be the plan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:11 pm 
Nicole wrote:
Is non-live-action-mafia still on for tonight at Random at 10pm?

I'm actually not sure where that's taking place, but I believe it's still happening...

On an unrelated note, I just got out of lab after missing all the drama at Random last night, so I'm slightly out of the loop at the moment. At this point, my vote still stands for Fluffy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:15 pm 
I will also be voting for fluffy tonight. I won't be able to make it to table mafia tonight because (as I mentioned in my introductory post on the sticky) my friend is in town and we have previous plans. I'm sure you guys will have a blast and be careful if you're there past midnight! (I definitely think going together and leaving together is a good idea despite today's early kill.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:30 pm 
Oh, in case I didn't state it earlier, I'm voting for Fluffy tonight, obviously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:37 pm 
As am I

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:08 pm 
So where is the regular Mafia meet-up happening? And it's @ 10:00, right?

[And dead people can talk as long as it's not about the game, so don't complain.]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:36 pm 
Hey guys,

There's a high chance that I won't be able to make it tonight (or if I make it I'd have to take a bunch of work with me) b/c I'm stuck with a huge amount of planning for an experiment. -__- Sorry...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3