Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 8 Planning
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:32 am 
So, what is the plan for today? We might want things in EC to quiet down a bit; and maybe score some kills at ET or elsewhere to imply that there aren't any mafia in EC or that those who were suspicious are trying to lie low. If we're going to take out the EC crowd, we need to get them all at once.

Post subject: Re: Day 8 Planning
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:37 am 
Yes, lying low seems good. Benlin would be the optimal choice to make a kill, and taking out either qql or anpere in addition would be a nice bonus, but not if we might get caught for it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:43 am 
I'll try if I can make a random one, not guaranteed though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:54 am 
Also, I think that it's likely that one of either miles or jessk is an investigator, as jessk is a proxy and she is always with miles/has access to him if necessary.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:00 am 
I will also try to make a random kill today before I leave.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:52 am 
The ET hivemind is going to lynch kevinaer and aradhana, and then maybe more EC people.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:55 am 
We should take some of them out after they lynch some of the EC people, but hopefully before they get to me. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:56 am 
sashacf says "I have tango tonight and the only other player there is aradhana, so if I die there, it's probably her." If we want to make a kill today with minimal chance of redirecting the town's suspicions, they'd be a good kill. 7-8 in DuPont T Club Lounge.

(But if you have a good chance to kill someone else before then, take it.)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:01 pm 
dpalumbo announced to the ET mob "Smite party at 11pm tonight at ET. Spread the word." I was there, benlin wasn't.

I can't plausibly miss it. If they smite me, it'd be on general experienced-player-smiting principles, so probably not me.

Benlin, there's a large chance you're the target, since you were caught in that lie about lizrita's death. (Or maybe adamberg, because she was the one with the contrary story.) It might be worth arranging a conflict then (are there other players on campus you could arrange to pset with, preferably before you hear about the smite party?). If you can't arrange a good one, just cheerfully come, since we're playing for high variance anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:02 pm 
dpalumbo is a good target in general, incidentally, because he's a proxy for three investigators and there's a decent chance some of them would come to me if he died. (But I think we still want to lie low for a few days.)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:13 pm 
I wonder why the smiting party is today rather than a few says ago, nothing has changed in ET since Alex was lynched. Also, if I were the target I think they'd've informed me about this?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:28 pm 
dpalumbo only just announced it, and asked everyone to tell everyone, so it's plausible that the target wasn't there. (Actually, a target of Sarah is also likely, since she's probably soon to be mayor.)

(They're not going to announce the target to anyone until the smiting party, of course.)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:15 pm 
Welp, this might be GG for me. I did a kill of convenience on arkaidyf on Mass Ave on my way back to Random, but lgunder saw me walking back with Lisa Ho as I was walking back to Random. Lisa Ho's going to lie for me and say that she didn't see anything and that we were walking through the Infinite, but I think once investigations start happening, this is GG for me.

Sorry guys, it seemed like a safe kill to me because there were no witnesses, but guess not :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:20 pm 
He's sitting right in front of me, should I do something?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:24 pm 
If you can kill him safely, go for it?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:25 pm 
Do you have an alibi yourself? And what should my new alibi be? I'm currently in Random right now, but no other players have seen me and I don't have a really good alibi of where I could be.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:26 pm 
I'll try after lecture is over, I have friends who will lie and say that we went to the pcr or something

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:27 pm 
The death post will be made before your lecture ends though and lgunder will probably get a chance to post?

I'm also not really sure what a better alibi is other than Lisa and I were talking to the prof about 6.004 stuff since we have a test coming up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:29 pm 
Oh I was talking about dpalumbo, sorry I realize that I may've been confusing you

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:32 pm 
Don't kill dpalumbo today---if a non-rogue kills today, it should be Ben, as don.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:33 pm 
Actually, if you have a good opportunity and an alibi, do it; Ben can wait.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:35 pm 
You sure? What if benlin is the target of the smiting party?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:38 pm 
I don't think we'll have a chance to kill lgunder before he can post.

Just go with that alibi? Maybe lgunder won't think about that he saw you?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:38 pm 
Playing for high variance because we're so far behind: let's just bet that benlin isn't the target of the smiting party.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:39 pm 
Goddangit, I really got unlucky - he came back into Clam Kitchen to chat and apparently he just had a really brief meeting with a professor that he normally wouldn't have gone too. Goddangit!

Yeah, I'll go with that alibi and see how far it takes me. Still feel like this is close to GG for me >_>"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:42 pm 
Act normal, hope other people have bad alibis.

If it's convenient, wait to post your alibi for a while. If lgunder posts, you can pick someone with a worse alibi, claim to have seen them nearby, and hope town lynches them first.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:07 pm 
ltchin did you get the petitions from arkaidyf?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:17 pm 
I don't know - it was literally a pass by in the crosswalk. Let me send him an email and see.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:08 pm 
Adamberg and Sarah Pratt both seem to have forgotten about benlin's mistake. Better chance you're safe than I thought.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:41 pm 
So, we're safe from Peace and Quiet today and the town's lynch list is long and wrong; let's not make a kill unless there's a really safe chance.