Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:04 am 
Yesterday, Daniel Grazian was killed and mats_a was lynched. Discuss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:05 am 
*lurklurk* ~(-_-)~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:08 am 
I want to hear what JJ was going to tell us at 11:59pm (but didn't actually).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:11 am 
oh oops
too concentrated on a puzzle and then forgot
i'm gonna post it right now
ooops ooops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:17 am 
I suspect Alex West. No reason.

Currently, I'll be voting for Alex West.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:17 am 
Err, what? No reason? You're gonna have to do better than that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:27 am 
we have another mafia - Kate O'Connor. This was actually confirmed on day 4, right b4 we lynched fluffy. I was going to post this right after i got back to next, but then mats_a posted that funny story. In order to not let the mafia know that we caught kate, so that they can further reveal themselves (instead of just sacrificing kate and leave us w/ less information), i decided to hold this info till mats is lynched. My decision can be verified by jy, di, and joy, since i trust them and decided to share this yesterday (so they can vouch for me that it's not something i made up today)

story starts when daniel pmed me (this is dan's partial post):

"OK, I am going to trust that you are not mafia"

"I know who (presumably the other) investigator is (and unfortunately, several others do too.) For this reason, I am seriously concerned that this investigator has been conscripted. The people I know to be aware of the other investigator's identity include:

- myself (Daniel).
-JB
-Brogan
-Brian Iglesias
- Kruger (who was just killed by Fluffy)
-possibly Mats

Now here's where the interesting part comes in. This other investigator (claims to have) investigated Fluffy yesterday" (this was a few days ago, so that's the day of the kill i think) "for Mika's murder. The other investigator reported a negative response. You should today make his/her way over to Random, if he/she hasn't already, and investigate Fluffy for Mika's murder. If the response is yes, then we've caught a mafia, and an especially dangerous mafia at that. Moreover, we've established that one of the above is almost certainly mafia (I have my suspicions but I'd rather not say yet.)

The reason we decided to lynch Bobby yesterday was based on the other investigator's negative on Fluffy. JB, Kate, and Kruger all said they were in BMF kitchen together at the time of Mika's death, just a short hallway and around the corner from them. Bobby and Fluffy had both been seen around that location around the appropriate time. No other players had been. So when the other investigator reported a negative on Fluffy the obvious course of action was clear.

This is the most important stuff I have to say, but we obviously have more to discuss (Crazy events of last night etc.) I'd really like to meet with you alone tomorrow. I have UPOP from 9:30a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and I'm running chess club in 2-136 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

We can talk in 2-136 if you want or we can meet after 8:00? I'm good meeting anywhere. Alternatively, we can meet before 9:30 a.m. if you're going to be on campus at that time (I know we saw each other the other day as I was going to UPOP.)

See you tomorrow hopefully! Get the essential information to your investigator ASAP.

so yep, that's pretty much the story. at the meeting at random, i had several players lead me to the hall way where the crime happened, and investigated fluffy. the result came back POSITIVE, and i told dan right away, hoping he would make it public soon (however then he was slain, so now i have to do it myself =.=) I assume the other ppl who knew about that negative investigation, or who knew about kate being the other investigator, can verify this. so yep, the logical explanation is, kate, either mafia to begin with, or conscripted on day 2(?), reported negative on fluffy to protect her fellow mafia (altho i think that's pretty dumb, i guess they didn't expect the other investigator to have come out? but that's still pretty dumb). i'd like to believe our mafias are smarter than that, but there is no other rational explanation for her to either fake the investigation. o_o
so yeeeep! we caught another mafia!
one mafia a day, one mafia a day ^-^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:06 am 
:shock:

I'm not sure which way to lean with this one. Either she was mafia all along and claimed to be the investigator when she was going to be lynched, or she was conscripted on day 3 and the mafia can no long conscript players.

I'd rather err on the side of caution and assume the mafia can still conscript.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:35 am 
Kate admitted to me and several others, including Brogan and Krueger, that she was an investigator on day 2. We went in a large group to investigate the crime scene out in front of the Sunoco. This corroborates with JJ's story that Kate is (or at least claims to be) the other investigator.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:48 am 
JB Parkes wrote:
:shock:

I'd rather err on the side of caution and assume the mafia can still conscript.

i mean, so far, that is the cautious belief.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:01 am 
I WAS NEVER THE INSPECTOR.

Brogan was, or at least claimed to be.

I told JB, DGrazian, Krueger, and Brian that I was inspector so that I could pass on Brogan's information without making her a target. Everything I told them was the result of an investigation Brogan (claimed to have) made. I never suspected her of being mafia until I saw JJ's last post.

I don't have time for a longer post because my brain is fried from Mystery Hunting all day, but I'd be happy to answer any questions tomorrow when I'm more awake. I realize I can't prove any of this, I understand if people still suspect me, but even if you decide to lynch me today, I would be SERIOUSLY suspicious of Brogan in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:12 am 
someone check brogan's alibi for yesterday to see if she collaborated mats on killing daniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:15 am 
yeah, that explains something
i was wondering almost no one defended kate when she was almost lynched earlier in the game..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:15 am 
Kate O'Connor wrote:
I WAS NEVER THE INSPECTOR.

Brogan was, or at least claimed to be.

I told JB, DGrazian, Krueger, and Brian that I was inspector so that I could pass on Brogan's information without making her a target. Everything I told them was the result of an investigation Brogan (claimed to have) made. I never suspected her of being mafia until I saw JJ's last post.

I don't have time for a longer post because my brain is fried from Mystery Hunting all day, but I'd be happy to answer any questions tomorrow when I'm more awake. I realize I can't prove any of this, I understand if people still suspect me, but even if you decide to lynch me today, I would be SERIOUSLY suspicious of Brogan in the future.

This changes things significantly. If Brogan cannot provide a proper denial, it suggests that Brogan is mafia. I was just (briefly) alone in the kitchen with Kate and spoke to her - she did not attempt to kill me, which is possible evidence in her favor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:23 am 
Like most of you, I've been out hunting all day, so I missed much of the drama that has been going on, but I suppose today's discussion will focus on figuring out the Kate vs Brogan issue. I will definitely be voting for one of them tomorrow... just have to figure out which.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:13 am 
If Brogan denies, I suggest the following lynch order:

Brogan/Kate.

Can't sleep. I don't know if I was dreaming, but I think someone was waiting outside my room...I went to bed early (soon after midnight)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:43 am 
Okay, well I know I'm going to get lynched at this point, AND I am completely certain that Kate is mafia. I never once said to anyone that I was an investigator, and Kate is saying this to place the blame on me.

If anyone wants to talk to me about any of the murders or talk to me about any of this, feel free. The past two nights I've gone to bed before 9 PM because I'm sick, which I know is a pretty shoddy excuse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:53 am 
At this point, I don't know what to believe from Kate. She told myself and everyone else in Black Hole kitchen that she was an inspector before the conscription could have taken place, so the possibilities are that she A) was mafia and trying to save herself from getting lynched, B) she was a townsperson trying to save herself from getting lynched (and may or may not have been conscripted, hence her suddenly trying to say that she was "covering for me" the whole time), or C) she really is an inspector and was later conscripted.

There is absolutely no way I could have committed any of these murders, and as I've said, people can approach me personally if they want to talk to me about it. I should be in Black Hole kitchen most of the day, so Kate and/or Brian should also be around. I'm a little weary of Kate at the moment, but she would have no reason to kill me because I'm about to be lynched anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:12 am 
There's just so many possibilities for reverse psychology from everyone involved in this fiasco that I honestly don't know what to think anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:37 am 
Lynch both Brogan and Kate. There's no reason not to. We won't know which one is lying (unless JJ turns up a guilty on one of them), but we do know that at least one of them is lying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:38 am 
Oh, and if one of them is the politician, we'll want the other to be in second place. So don't all bandwagon on the same thing.

JJ, how's impeachment going?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:52 am 
I was never at Random, so I have a question - on what day did Kate come out as investigator? If she was actually mafia, I see no reason why she would have risked coming out so early when neither JJ nor the supposed real investigator had confirmed they were alive and active.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:05 am 
Kate told myself, Brian, JB, and Elizabeth she was investigator on Day 2 when forum discussion came up saying she should be lynched. Lydia was lynched that night instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:48 am 
Brogan says: "Kate told myself, Brian, JB, and Elizabeth she was investigator on Day 2 when forum discussion came up saying she should be lynched. Lydia was lynched that night instead."

Kate says: "I WAS NEVER THE INSPECTOR. Brogan was, or at least claimed to be."

So what I'm hearing both Brogan and Kate say is the claim that the OTHER has said that he or she is the investigator. And since we've all seemingly trusted JJ to be one of the real investigators, everyone has obviously concluded that AT LEAST one of them is lying.

These leads me to scheme up a clever judgment plan.....muahahaha....

I have a wild idea that might work to discern between the two, but it's risky because I can anticipate what the immediate public backlash might be (and by backlash, I mean because they are wary of not giving away more info to whoever the mafia is), and I don't know if it'd work in the first place. In any case, I tried to call Alex just now to confirm something on rules (which is critical to my plan) but he didn't pick up his phone, so I pm'ed him instead.

I'll let you guys know the idea when Alex gives a reply to me, and I'll say it whether or not it would have worked in the first place so you know I'm not keeping secrets =P And you can feel free to criticize it all you'd like, as I'm sure it will draw at least some amount of wariness. However, if Alex does confirm my question in the way I'm hoping he does, then we'd have ourselves (in my opinion) an epic judgment session =)

OMG Gabriel's participating! Yes, I'm participating now, because I actually have something to contribute to this interesting exchange of accusations, dear LAMmers =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:52 am 
Gabriel wrote:
Brogan says: "Kate told myself, Brian, JB, and Elizabeth she was investigator on Day 2 when forum discussion came up saying she should be lynched. Lydia was lynched that night instead."

Kate says: "I WAS NEVER THE INSPECTOR. Brogan was, or at least claimed to be."

So what I'm hearing both Brogan and Kate say is the claim that the OTHER has said that he or she is the investigator. And since we've all seemingly trusted JJ to be one of the real investigators, everyone has obviously concluded that AT LEAST one of them is lying.

These leads me to scheme up a clever judgment plan.....muahahaha....

I have a wild idea that might work to discern between the two, but it's risky because I can anticipate what the immediate public backlash might be (and by backlash, I mean because they are wary of not giving away more info to whoever the mafia is), and I don't know if it'd work in the first place. In any case, I tried to call Alex just now to confirm something on rules (which is critical to my plan) but he didn't pick up his phone, so I pm'ed him instead.

I'll let you guys know the idea when Alex gives a reply to me, and I'll say it whether or not it would have worked in the first place so you know I'm not keeping secrets =P And you can feel free to criticize it all you'd like, as I'm sure it will draw at least some amount of wariness. However, if Alex does confirm my question in the way I'm hoping he does, then we'd have ourselves (in my opinion) an epic judgment session =)

OMG Gabriel's participating! Yes, I'm participating now, because I actually have something to contribute to this interesting exchange of accusations, dear LAMmers =P

Augh this is so nerve-wracking! Alex isn't picking up his phone. Alex you're getting like a billion missed calls from me because your phone is ringing.....aughhhhhhh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:57 am 
Don't do anything crazy. Killing them both is safe.
We've got one mafia in two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:01 pm 
jayarsea wrote:

What order are we going to be lynched in? Just curious, because I'd be kind of pissed if you said you were going to lynch us both but then Kate talks her way out of it like she did on Day 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:03 pm 
Brogan wrote:
jayarsea wrote:

What order are we going to be lynched in? Just curious, because I'd be kind of pissed if you said you were going to lynch us both but then Kate talks her way out of it like she did on Day 2.

I'll handle that, Brogan =) Just you wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:05 pm 
Oh and I greatly apologize for keeping you all in suspense (especially you Brogan =/ I would hate the feeling of knowing suspicion falls on me if I were innocent. It sucks...) but I need to hear this from Alex first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:08 pm 
Gabriel wrote:
Oh and I greatly apologize for keeping you all in suspense (especially you Brogan =/ I would hate the feeling of knowing suspicion falls on me if I were innocent. It sucks...) but I need to hear this from Alex first.

I'm very curious to know what you have in mind. Is it that borderline?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next