Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:10 pm 
Brogan wrote:
Gabriel wrote:
Oh and I greatly apologize for keeping you all in suspense (especially you Brogan =/ I would hate the feeling of knowing suspicion falls on me if I were innocent. It sucks...) but I need to hear this from Alex first.

I'm very curious to know what you have in mind. Is it that borderline?

Um...in my head it's either illegal and Alex didn't post it in the rules, or it's completely legal BECAUSE Alex didn't post it in the rules. If that makes any sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:12 pm 
(welcome to the game, Gabriel =p)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:13 pm 
Also! On a totally different tangent - are you still living in Next House?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:16 pm 
Of course! See my location ;) Oh no, now the Mafia know where I live. =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:20 pm 
^ man, I seriously thought you were a senior last year, so I don't think I really connected the fact that you = Next House Gabriel, lol...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:33 pm 
Aww...I take that as a compliment =) (The being a senior when I'm not. But I am now. Ooooooooooo....)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:36 pm 
kk gabe just came to knock on my door, i didn't let him in and just talked w/ him w/ the door locked, now i'm going out of my room to shower, i'm posting this just in case i die now lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:39 pm 
JingJian-JJ wrote:
kk gabe just came to knock on my door, i didn't let him in and just talked w/ him w/ the door locked, now i'm going out of my room to shower, i'm posting this just in case i die now lol

Hehe she was so cute.

"Who is it?"
"Gabriel."
[5 second pause]
"I'm not letting you in."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:11 pm 
Gabriel wrote:
Augh this is so nerve-wracking! Alex isn't picking up his phone. Alex you're getting like a billion missed calls from me because your phone is ringing.....aughhhhhhh
Sorry Gabriel! I went to sleep at 7AM yesterday tired as a stone from Mystery Hunt, and slept through all your calls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:18 pm 
Ruling: You may not use details of my PM responses to figure out who Investigator is.
It would be easy and against the spirit of the game to ask possible Investigators about the wording, format, and timing of my Private Message responses, as well as how I handle weird situations, to determine whether they are actually Investigator. Don't ask or tell other players such things. Specifically, (claimed) Investigators should not say anything about how I responded to an Investigation other than the result (yes or no).

Last edited by Alex on Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:23 pm 
Hello peoples. I have indeed talked to Alex, as you can tell from his above ruling, and will post my plan momentarily after clarifying a few more things with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:26 pm 
Grr....I have to leave for H-Mart in like 10 minutes. The timing of this could not be worse...probably can't type everything in 10 minutes -.-

Alex!!!! Whyyyyy.....so late in getting back to me...... ='(

It's okay I ain't mad. I'll post again when I get back, or possibly use someone's phone internet. There's time. In the meantime y'all can feel free to speculate on what I would have done =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:33 pm 
Guess I'll vote Brogan today, Kate tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:54 pm 
Kate slipped by once already. Brogan tomorrow maybe, but tonight Katex3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:36 pm 
I'm going to tentatively vote Brogan... Gabe, tell us your plans soon =p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:48 pm 
Okay. Finally got back. Boy that took a while.

So here's the thing. More likely than not, we're going to end up lynching both of them anyways over two consecutive days, and I'm with JB for getting Kate first since she already slipped the noose once.

I'd like to go with my plan only if we feel like we want to take the risk to save the innocent person out of the two, if there is one in the first place.

So here's the thing. Though there EXISTS the possibility that both of them are just lying townspeople (in which case we'd lynch them anyways =P), I'm pretty sure that most of us assume that one of them is mafia. So there are three possibilities among the two of them:

1) Mafia Mafia
2) Mafia Townsperson
3) Mafia Investigator

1) So while it might be insanely meta-gamish for the mafia to try to throw us off by pitting themselves against each other, it doesn't seem so smart anyways because we're going to kill two of them eventually in that case, and they'd be reduced down to one mafia member left.

2) Sacrifice a townsperson to get rid of a mafia member? No doubts there. Score. That's what we're planning to do anyways.

3) Which obviously leaves this interesting case that I wanted to look into. The whole point of this process I've been going through is whether or not one of them actually is an investigator and is for whatever reason choosing to not come out yet. I'm sure there are a number of crazy reasons why. Even though Kate said "I WAS NEVER THE INSPECTOR" I mean, for all I care she could have just been thinking something crazy. I think Brogan never denied being the inspector (correct me, please), but in any case, I'm willing to consider that one of them is the investigator.

Here is the basis for taking so much time to think out this process and cross-check rules:

Exposed Investigator >> Dead Investigator

The original plan involved putting their claims to the test. Gather everyone together, specifically and especially Brogan and Kate, and have them attempt to perform a known investigation, namely JJ's positive on Fluffy killing Mika. See what the discrepancies are between them, and so on. That sorta thing. Sorta complicated but a relatively simple idea.

The interesting thing here, however, is that this would be much much easier if both of them were claiming to BE the investigator. Instead, their accusations are that THE OTHER has claimed to be the investigator. Which makes things a little difficult. Why? Because then their motivation would be to prove the other party wrong. If we just went in and tested them, both of them would be like "Nope, got a negative" or "I'm not the investigator" and that sort of thing and therefore, "See, the other person was lying." This gets us nowhere.

BUT! It gets THEM nowhere too because we're still going to end up killing both of them. If they both tire of the game and don't mind being killed off, then we'll just do that anyways since....we were going to do that anyways. lol

HOWEVER! Assuming they WANT to still be in the game, then the only thing that they can each do is claim to BE the investigator. Because that's the only case that makes things interesting. If they're both lying townspeople, both dead. If one's a mafia and the other is anything else (except investigator), both dead. But if one makes the claim to be an investigator, then they put pressure on us to sac an investigator for a mafia. Sorta worth it? Perhaps. But again. Exposed investigator >> Dead investigator. And for the mafia, Dead investigator = +++! I think all townspeople would agree with that. Otherwise, why is JJ still alive? =)

<3 you JJ

So with that said. The rest of my plan will proceed tonight in Random Hall at the scene of Mika's death, I'll say, at 9:30pm. Alex has agreed to come as well to make sure I don't break any rules in my arbitration scheme. BUT! This will only happen if either say they want to come forward as investigators. This clearly goes against their initial accusations, but who doesn't lie to try to save their skin in times of desperation? I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, even if they come up with some lousy excuse for not coming forward before. But the arbitration will be a little harder to escape. If it happens ;)

To sum everything up: I want to make the "testing of their character" easier on us townspeople by forcing them claim to BE investigators. Any other thing they might claim would be trivial. At the very least, "coming out as an investigator" would at least match up with the other person's saying that they made claims before =P

It's harder to discern something when they are accusing each other. Which is why they'd both die in that case. Mwahahahahaa.

If arbitration comes up, I'll probably discuss stuff with the Next House people since I mostly trust them at this time, and then the number of us will make our way over to Random.

So let's hear it from Kate and Brogan for claims. If we hear anything else, bye bye.

Oh and again, I'm voting for Kate first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:54 pm 
And if we don't hear anything, bye bye =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:56 pm 
^ Man, this sounds so much like some twisted version of the Liar Game :)
I can't make it to Random tonight because I need to make an important call at 8:30pm, but please share the results!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:11 pm 
Heading over to Gabe's room - if he kills me... you know what to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:16 pm 
A note to Kate and Brogan:

The ultimate purpose of my scheme is to save an innocent person. If the innocent person happens to also really be an investigator, WHOO-HOO! And if it ends up for naught, well, just know that you gave your life to take down the enemy =)

This means that even if you're just a normal townsperson, if you want to stay alive you'll have to lie about being the investigator, and will have to trust me and the Next House people to discern which statement you're lying about: about being an investigator, which is forgivable, or that the other person is mafia, which is not, and turns around on you.

Yay! Vivian didn't kill me =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:26 pm 
So people are meeting up at 9:30 Random Hall today? And hopefully, regular mafia will be played?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:37 pm 
I'll come over anyways to play with you guys and get to know you guys, but arbitration will not take place if we don't hear from them soon.

I thought about them complaining that they didn't have time to read stuff, but you know. If you're life's on the line I'd think you'd either pay a lot of attention, or just think "Screw it, I'm dead anyways =P"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:39 pm 
Sorry, but I'm admitting that I was never the investigator. I've been a vanilla townsperson all along. I realize this means I'll probably get lynched soon, but it's the truth. (If anyone could come up with a plan to distinguish between mafia/innocent, though, that would be great!)

Also, I'm not sure what kind of plan Gabriel had in mind, but keep in mind that it's possible that Brogan WAS the investigator, but was conscripted. Make sure an investigator-turned-mafia wouldn't be able to pass your test. Sorry, but assuming JJ is innocent, I just don't see a way Brogan could possibly be an innocent inspector.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:40 pm 
JJ, JY, Joy, are you guys free tonight?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:42 pm 
Aw. Sadness. Looks like it's double lynch then. Of course, Brogan might say something to send the conversation another way. Hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:59 pm 
Gabriel wrote:

Di is in Next House too :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:00 pm 
Kate O'Connor wrote:
Sorry, but I'm admitting that I was never the investigator. I've been a vanilla townsperson all along. I realize this means I'll probably get lynched soon, but it's the truth. (If anyone could come up with a plan to distinguish between mafia/innocent, though, that would be great!)

Also, I'm not sure what kind of plan Gabriel had in mind, but keep in mind that it's possible that Brogan WAS the investigator, but was conscripted. Make sure an investigator-turned-mafia wouldn't be able to pass your test. Sorry, but assuming JJ is innocent, I just don't see a way Brogan could possibly be an innocent inspector.

Did you ever claim to be the investigator? Did Brogan ever claim to be the investigator?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:01 pm 
VivianLee wrote:
Gabriel wrote:

Di is in Next House too :)

SORRY!!!

Di, you?

(sorry =/)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:03 pm 
jayarsea wrote:
Kate O'Connor wrote:

Did you ever claim to be the investigator? Did Brogan ever claim to be the investigator?

I'm gonna research all their posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:07 pm 
Nope, it doesn't seem like either of them claimed on the forum. All we have is their counterclaims against each other. Lawl.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next