A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Welcome to the afterlife
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:33 am 
Lotta, who killed you? Justin got me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:36 am 
Lol, nvm. Just read mafia forum.
This is good. We have two mafia that people will naturally not think of as sketchy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:05 pm 
Honestly, even knowing who's mafia i feel like i would still vote to lynch lucy...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:37 pm 
honestly, from here it looks like mafia is going to win easily. i dont think anyone really suspects either justin or erin... im kind of confused about why no one suspect justin actually given how many people were playing LoL.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:54 pm 
Yeah, I don't get where Gary is coming up with Justin's alibi. Unless Gary is trolling as unofficial conscript? I would not be surprised.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:01 pm 
Yeah, I think mafia have this game.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:07 pm 
Im pretty excited to watch this operation unfold.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:41 pm 
Sarah Pratt wrote:
Yeah, I think mafia have this game.

Yeahhhhh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:08 pm 
Justin played it well, defending me got him public endorsement from me. RIP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:11 pm 
Lol.. None of the mafia have even been mentioned in conversations about who to lych.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:37 pm 
We're doing worse than random lynch this game lol. Lucy should fight for her survival though, if she gets lynch the game ends.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:51 pm 
I'm so pissed off at Gary! Justin killed Sarah!?! Gary told me that they were sitting in the room together...and that Daniel was the only one to leave. Sorry, Daniel. I picked the wrong person to raise suspicion against, but it had to be said. The unfortunate part is that now people will think that Erin killed Sarah somehow. Ugh. On a side note, I did manage to text 4 people about Erin trying to kill me, so that is enough to corroborate the story. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:57 pm 
Nice job Troy! When erin came at me i didn't even realize what was happening....

Looks like game will continue.. this should be interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:35 pm 
Great job! Time for town to fight back!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:54 pm 
This is the crucial day for Town. If they lynch wrong, they lose on the spot.

Gary and Lucy both posted that they got texts from Troy that Erin was the killer. Will Town think they are the two Mafia making a power play? Will Justin force the issue and commit, or try to keep Lucy publicly trusting him in case Erin is lynched?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:48 pm 
I recommend reading Justin's most recent post in mafia den and Adam's most recent post in town square back to back.

C'mon Troy. Really? You only texted 2 people while running for your life? (out of curiosity, did you actually text adam?)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:14 pm 
Troy, who were the people you texted?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:52 pm 
Troy texted every living towny except for Adam.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:04 pm 
Wait, did that include Sasha? Because it looks like Sasha voted for Lucy too.

Also, although I was kind of rooting for town lynch Ermain, I knew it would not come to pass. Why? Because Lucy never gets killed by the opposing side, and if she weren't lynched, she would probably get killed the next day by mafia, since she would be near-proven innocent. But that couldn't happen, so town had to lynch Lucy and lose.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:06 pm 
I believe sashacf didn't get the message. Either he missed it or the text didn't go through.

For what it's worth, I was completely wrong about the who the mafia were (based almost exclusively on reading the forum.):

Before the end of Day 1, I had no idea.
Before the end of Day 2, dpalumbo was my top suspect
Before the end of Day 3, dpalumbo was my top suspect
Before the end of Day 4, Lucy was my top suspect, though my suspicion of her had decreased over the course of the day from 70% certainty to 55-60%.

After it was revealed that Lucy was innocent, I played a guessing game with Lily Chen (who had been spoiled.) My guesses were as follows:

a. I believed with 95+% certainty that Erin was mafia (duh). CORRECT
b. I believed with 75% certainty that AdamYedidia was mafia (because he was supporting Erin.) WRONG
c. I believed with 70% certainty that Justin was the right mafia (CORRECT but waaayy to late)

For reference, I observed the forum for the whole game without being spoiled.

I guess a more succinct way to put this is, "Good job mafia!"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:59 pm 
The big thing I was considering during game was, "What if Adam or Erin made the first kill?" because it seemed like people were dismissing that possibility too easily. Although I was wrong, I was surprised that no one was even discussing that option on forums.

The big thing I picked up from reading forums was that Lucy was innocent. Everything that was happening was very consistent with how Lucy said she was planning to play before game, and I thought she was being far too intentionally sketchy to be mafia. If it were someone else displaying the same behavior, I would not have reached this conclusion. This also led me to be slightly less suspicious of Erin, who was defending Lucy at one point.

At Tech Squares, I talked with lzahray, who had watched people but not read forums (inverse of me). She was suspicious of Sasha, but I ended up talking with ghost-Pravina, who let slip that they were innocent. I then talked with Lucy (or rather, had Lucy talk at me), and she confirmed that she was a townie. She was certain that Adam hadn't made the first kill, because he hadn't even checked forums as of then. She was also fairly sure that Gary was good, since he was the one who pointed out that Daniel had left the room for a bit. She was very suspicious of Daniel. At this point, I trusted the Adam + Gary assessments, but was skeptical that Daniel made the first kill. Lucy also said that Erin was legitimately hosed during the first kill, and so she probably was on campus. Lucy made a comment about town being screwed if Troy were mafia, which made me somewhat more suspicious of him.

After Daniel was lynched and found to be good, I was VERY confused about who mafia could be. I knew that Sasha and Lucy were innocent and that Adam couldn't have done the first kill. Everyone else had an alibi with 2 other people, other than Erin, so I had to conclude that Erin had made the kill, which contradicted what Lucy had said about legitimate hosage. Stuff wasn't matching up in my mind, so I logged into admin and spoiled myself.